• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"For Your Health!" Smashfests! Yardley Pa. June 12th! (20 min outside Trenton)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I barely played you GOTM, hopefully next we can get a few more matches in. That falco player is probably Melo.

I still don't know who to main. I really don't like fighting Falcons so my 1000000 matches with magus didn't really help haha.

Playing against people significantly better than me with falcon makes me like him even less as opposed to playing ganon falco or fox. I havn't had my smash disc for a week, maybe i'll practice my fox tech skill and use him more! =]

Fun stuff everyone. Hopefully there will be another one of these in 2 weeks with a better turnout! (IT WOULD BE A TOURNEY, NOT A SMASHFEST!!!)

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
this was fun. glad i came. alex and sam join the RIT smash club fb group and start posting in the upstate NY PR thread.

Also, I was completely not used to playing against other people that could read techs. I was really surprised by that (no one in upstate NY has good reads except me). keep up the good work, and thanks for the roy dittos.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
the lantern den has mad potential. no venue fee and can hold about 35-40 ppl. pick the dates right and u can get amazing turnouts!

GOTM

Smash Champion
yea palpi your ganon was good. keep playing him. mad people there were better than i expected for not really goin to tournaments.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
fun fest guys glad i came.

definitely never played falcon for that long ever, haha. mad fun. the falco player that i was playing in and out with alex....props. hit up some tournies you got skills.
Thanks, man. I still have some consistency issues and a few bad habits, but I definitely feel like I'm on my way.
Now that we have these tournaments and the ones in Princeton, there will be a lot more of me at tournaments.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am going to learn the falcon match up and sheik match up if its that last thing I do....though I hope its the first thing! Thoseare probably my least favorite match ups as ganon.

I may have left my melee in alex's car...not sure.

Magus420

Smash Master
Ganon vs CF is both one of my most and least favorite matchups...

Depends whether I'm the Ganon or the CF, lol.

Good matches guys it was fun. Didn't get to play GOTM at all though. Venue had more lanterns than Dracula would be able to stuff his money into xD

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah magus, I just can't ****ing stand fighting falcon as ganon...or sheik.

Is sheik really bad for ganon. I know he loses...but is it...REALLY bad?

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah it's pretty bad. It's one of very worst matchups among the 'good' characters. It's winnable but you generally need to either be significantly better at the matchup or better in general to keep up. CF isn't actually that bad (Sheik, Fox, Jiggs and Falco are worse) Ganon just gets the **** comboed out of him and his DD camping and nair are annoying to deal with.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm still terrible at the Ganon match up. I don't like spamming lasers, which is my first mistake, and I always fall for his retreating aerials.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Ganon vs CF is both one of my most and least favorite matchups...

Depends whether I'm the Ganon or the CF, lol.

Good matches guys it was fun. Didn't get to play GOTM at all though. Venue had more lanterns than Dracula would be able to stuff his money into xD
Next one we'll get some matches in. I don't think I've played you since a tournament set at something ran by Woz, haha.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah, Dan. It seems like the only time I win is when I either go into god mode offense with ganon or you make more mistakes than I do. (obviously) but it seems like falco can punish more mitakes than ganon can, and both characters punish badly, so it is a matter of capitalizing. I am actually going to try to stick with Ganon and fox (when i practice) cause it seems I have the most success with them.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dan. It seems like the only time I win is when I either go into god mode offense with ganon or you make more mistakes than I do. (obviously) but it seems like falco can punish more mitakes than ganon can, and both characters punish badly, so it is a matter of capitalizing. I am actually going to try to stick with Ganon and fox (when i practice) cause it seems I have the most success with them.
I'm sure your character ADD will take affect in a month or so.

I love having a friend who plays so many characters, I get so much match up experience. Now I'll be learning the Ganon match up better.

...and you'll know... Falco... and Sheik... and kind of Mario.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
We're trying to. We can't do the 3rd, and then the Saturday after will be a Princeton tournament, so we will probably start it up after that. I think.
So... the 10th.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Why don't you make this next week? Closest thing next week is in Maryland so you'll definitely get much more attendance rather than compete with No Johns this week.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I don't care if this was a month ago. We should try to meet up. ;p I am sorry I didn't come the last time, I was trying some itg out for size. ;p

Also, I think you guys should host tournies, and maybe me kurt and friends can help. I should try to get my car game... like, I need a license. We gotta help the community. : D

(just realized he wants to host a tourny in the future in philly)

btw, if any of you guys have face book, we all should add each other so that we can message each other massively, and just see your updates. : D

If you don't have one, get one. : D Easiest way to get in contact, even if fb sux, but not as bad as myspace, but still.

Top Bottom