• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I wish he was banned so the game would basically die after people got tired of epic camping matches.

*Plank is not the majority of MK player styles, don't bull**** me on that.

toazex

Smash Rookie
Well i voted yes , cause i dont lke how people resort to using mk for finals if they lose earlier in the rounds with their mains.Then they just camp really hard cause they only care about winning so they camp/ be gay with mk.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
P.O.F.

Seriously?

You do know the difference between a 100-0 matchup and a 60-40 matchup
60-40 matchups don't mean that the metaknight will always win. It just means that the character has a more viable chance.

Random scrubs pick metaknight who they dont' use vs someone who know how to faces MK in a 40-60 matchup. The person who is playing vs MK loses.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
IF MK gets banned, he will not start the ball rolling. Snake will NOT get banned. And I'll tell you why. Snake has bad matchups. He is beatable. At the first tourney I ever went to, I beat a Snake in friendlies with my Sheik. He ***** me the first game, but I beat him the second because I had learned how to approach. Snake isn't too hard.

MK, on the other hand, is hard to beat. He has so many options, lightning quick high priority options at that, that beating him with anyone below high tier is an extremely rare sight. He is crippling the metagame of lower tiers. After my first tourney, I decided to pick up Diddy. I did it to counter MK, who even though I didn't play one at that tourney, I knew I would fight one sooner or later. And I knew that I would not win with Sheik, who, otherwise, doesn't have too tough a time with other high tiers. Now I find myself going Diddy more than Sheik, because it is easier to win. I won't rep Sheik as much, I'll rep Diddy instead, who's already top tier.

TL;DR MK hurts low tier metagames. Ban him.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I love how half of the pro banners are wifi players or players with a char, which will never win tourneys (like the fox guy which posted here before) say "LMAO, BAN MK FOR NO REAL REASON".

way to go @ LBK

which char shall we get banned after we got snake banned?
cant decide atm, falco or wario?

make it super smash low tier bros. brawl

seriously, who cares about the low tier mainers which think they could win tourneys without MK

there are maybe like 10 chars, which can win tourneys
and banning MK wont change it!
I will keep on going, and going until they ban every char but ganon and then everyone will go back to melee. That would be sweet.:chuckle:

Staco

Smash Champion
Is it really that funny? You ever seen a fox beat a big name MK player? You ever hear OMG R00kie beat DOJO! OMG that Zeton guy wrecked Tyrant. No.
I never saw a Fox beating a good Snake or some other top tier
I never saw a Ike beating a good top tier
I never saw a Yoshi beating a good top tier
etc.

but I saw a Ness beating a MK and I saw Allys Falcon, which was close to beat M2K and Dojos MK, lmao

WaterTails

Smash Lord
further complete the math and look at how far up mk is compared to falco, which is 5.91x higher than falco, which is pretty ****ing rediculous compared to 1.6x
I know, I was just throwing out numbers, but they could have some meaning. Look at the differences, though. Comparing differences, rather than products, MK is 470 points higher than Snake, who is 546.8 higher than Falco, which is a greater difference, yet again.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
You can't really gimp ROB either btw, so if that's a reason it's a bad one.
Jigglypuff, Wario, Meta Knight, R.O.B, all do fine with gimping r.o.b. Robs air mobility is horrible and he cant air dodge while up bing.

Let's ban a character who dominates less than characters in games whom people never even considered being banned. *cough*melee marf*cough*
Stop talking.

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
IF MK gets banned, he will not start the ball rolling. Snake will NOT get banned. And I'll tell you why. Snake has bad matchups. He is beatable. At the first tourney I ever went to, I beat a Snake in friendlies with my Sheik. He ***** me the first game, but I beat him the second because I had learned how to approach. Snake isn't too hard.

well gosh that's just the whole debate right there mods lock this thread

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well i voted yes , cause i dont lke how people resort to using mk for finals if they lose earlier in the rounds with their mains.Then they just camp really hard cause they only care about winning so they camp/ be gay with mk.
You don't want people to use one of the few characters with good offense and no projectile because they play to win?

:D

Also, Obama sucks. =D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
pick MK vs. the people you loose to. you will still loose.
and fox cant win tourneys at all, this wont change, if MK gets banned!
its not MK only, which destroys fox!
MK has actually won me matches against players I've lost to or come close to lost to.

An example of such that is recent is vs Dao, a very good Diddy Kong player.

He beat my Snake by a large enough amount (it wasn't horribly close...) so I switch to MK.
So he switches to MK on my counterpick which is Norfair, and we go straight down to the last hit. I manage to pull the last hit with a fully charged dsmash he runs into while recovering. I got lucky this match.

So he switches back to Diddy Kong and I stay with MK on his counterpick, this time is Smashville. I beat him on my last stock with very low %'s a large difference compared to our first two games.

I switch back to Snake for his next counterpick - because I don't even play as MK and felt I was lucky that last game. I was actually shocked I had won. I don't even play MK as a secondary.

This last game went to the last hit yet again, and I managed to kill him with an up tilt. He was literally 1 hit away from winning this match.

Seems that MK let me beat a player that I'd have lost to.

PS:
I went Snake/Marth (my actual secondary) against Dao the first time I played him (which was only 2-3~ weeks before this recent result). He beat me 2-0.

EDIT:
Just in case anyones wondering, I voted No... <_<

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
also heres a big bucket of info

ssb64 pikachu and kirby and their situation

this is when every character had 0-death and sheild break combos on every other character

ssbm marth and fox

there were still combos and wavedashing and l canceling and much much more that made it fairly balanced and was even some characters saving grace like luigi and falcon are perfect examples

ssbb meta and snake

now that we dont have the l cancel, wavedash, and a lack of real combos this seriously makes the fastest (in general in terms of movement and attack speed) which can alreaddy string combos together in a game of no combos on top of that his recovery is near impossible to gimp in fact i believe only 2 characters can effectively do that they are mario (cape) and pit (sheild cape) and thats only because it turns the opponent around

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
etc.

but I saw a Ness beating a MK and I saw Allys Falcon, which was close to beat M2K and Dojos MK, lmao
I've wrecked plenty of good snakes. I guess you don't consider Inui a good snake?

bobson

Smash Lord
I'm glad this vote is being taken seriously by all of the voters.
You're giving us 1~3 votes in a 2/3rd majority vote of some 30-40 other people we have no control over, and you posted it in the spammiest part of the board. We're taking this as seriously as you're taking us.

OverLade

Smash Hero
etc.

Rudimentary beat Inui's snake in a money match.

Ryo Guikkido has beaten all the best snakes in Florida.

Greenace nearly beat Dojo and Poltergust has beaten Nickriddle (top 3 ZSS in the nation).

Just examples.

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
I main Sonic. I alt Marth. I alt Falco, too. I can easily pick up MK, even though I never play him, and simply DESTROY most people. Is that right, to you?

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm pretty confused with the people who are saying Snake should be banned.

I'm an idiot, so can someone clarify for me if they are joking or not? Lol.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Hmm The character that has stopped me from placing in tournaments hmmm, "Bowyr" "OS" COUGH! hmm, i'm voting yes on this. also Pro ban has such a better argument on this then the anti... the anti is failing atm, sry to say but it's true. Well anyways i'm out guys hope he is banned getting tired of his *** i can take a game off ally!!! but i can't take a game off some random mk user! "HAX"

bobson

Smash Lord
Huh? Who is voting yes if they don't think he should be banned? Nobody has done that in the SBR.
I voted yes because I think it would be hilarious if he actually does get banned. I don't think he should be banned.

That and pro-ban's argument in the OP was better.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I main Sonic. I alt Marth. I alt Falco, too. I can easily pick up MK, even though I never play him, and simply DESTROY most people. Is that right, to you?
What was the last major you placed well at?

Actually, when was the last major any random ****** switched characters to MK and just did well vs people who actually matter LOL.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm pretty confused with the people who are saying Snake should be banned.

I'm an idiot, so can someone clarify for me if they are joking or not? Lol.
They're joking in an unfunny way.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah Yoshi beating a top tier? Freakin Bwett placed like 2nd out've like 60 ppl at a tourney with MK banned. Thats MK, not top tiers. Oh and you know who placed first? Zeton (fox)

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
What was the last major you placed well at?

Actually, when was the last major any random ****** switched characters to MK and just did well vs people who actually matter LOL.
No need to bash, my fine fellow. And it actually happens a lot - i've seen it happen in finals. Someone losing with their main? Just fall back on the cheat card and win. I've never placed well, but that doesn't mean I don't have a say on this issue. The results, in my mind, heavily favor the pro ban argument. Look around AIB some - you'll see a lot of people have MK as a secondary. Why is that? It's because he's an excellent thing to fall back on should the battle go ill.

finalstain

Smash Rookie
This poll shouldnt be considered a big factor in determining if the SBR bans MK. Since Id bet that at least 3/4 of the people voting pro-ban only voted "Yes" because of one of these reasons:

They don't main him, and just voted "Yes" purely based off of that fact
They can't beat n00b MKs, and just want him banned rather than actually practicing the matchup
They didnt really put any thought into their vote, and are just listening to what their friends are saying
etc
etc
etc

Plz do not let this poll be a big factor in determining the final say in this matter.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
No need to bash, my fine fellow. And it actually happens a lot - i've seen it happen in finals. Someone losing with their main? Just fall back on the cheat card and win.
I asked if you did, which you claimed you could, not someone else.

Also hey kids, I have a cheat card! It's called

GENESIS

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
No need to bash, my fine fellow. And it actually happens a lot - i've seen it happen in finals. Someone losing with their main? Just fall back on the cheat card and win.
Another example: Lee Martin switched to MK after his lucario failed in Semi's. Just saying...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've wrecked plenty of good snakes. I guess you don't consider Inui a good snake?
Can you show me some results where Inui placed well using primarly Snake? I want to see this........................ because I never see him at the Snake boards....

And until I seem some good results, no. I don't consider Inui a good Snake. He may be a good player, but not a good Snake. There is a difference between that in this game that people need to recognize.

Many of the best players, would already place well without using MK. The thing is MK makes it easier, so why put more effort to reach the same goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom