• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
But im not, an Im flattered i drew enough attention to attract a wise and very observant person as yourself thank you for your conclusion im intrigued really
No problem man, glad you think so highly of me.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
M2k gave up at Genesis to keep MK in. He still managed to get the most money from Genesis, yet let Ally win. Randomly air dodging into Ally's attacks? No. He was just eating stuff.

MK needs to be banned, I mean I play fox and I've gotten just about every kind of hard countered, but when someone counters MK, I can't counter them back. It breaks the system.

Edit:

i have no problems mit MK,so i vote for "no" =D
Come to America.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Ayo Polmex

WHY DO YOU WANT META KNIGHT BANNED

Scrubby luigis still won't place even if he's gone.
Yo lets start the personal insults...!!! YAY

Ayo Anti...

Get at me when your ****** *** ****s a ***** that would be the day. Than Mk might be banned.

Get your soft *** out of this thread

Master Raven

Smash Master
Everyone just laugh at whatever POF posts because he's way too hilarious for me to put on my ignore list.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It seems the case of the MK stalling at Genesis wasn't addressed.

Additionally, I am... very intrigued by the statement that MK always has a safe option. Could that not be demonstrated on paper, and if so, is it not then simply a matter of "Assume Theory Fighter; MK can't give an opening, he's unbeatable", done?

I thought the anti essay was not written as well as the pro one, but that won't mean too much.

It seemed MK really had a case against him... but the other essay just denies some of the claims. For my vote, I need to know, who answers to authorship of the pro-ban paper? On whose head are those facts being admitted as evidence?

I want this to be settled. But all I can think is how afraid I would be to have MK banned if it's not right.

I also believe I spotted a fallacy in the anti-ban paper, but it will be hard to tug out.
EDIT: Well I mean they both have some fallacies; more like unimportant points, mainly, but this one is a hole in what seems to be one of the central thrusts.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yo lets start the personal insults...!!! YAY

Ayo Anti...

Get at me when your ****** *** ****s a ***** that would be the day. Than Mk might be banned.

Get your soft *** out of this thread
Oh you mad?

;)

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
M2k gave up at Genesis to keep MK in. He still managed to get the most money from Genesis, yet let Ally win. Randomly air dodging into Ally's attacks? No. He was just eating stuff.

MK needs to be banned, I mean I play fox and I've gotten just about every kind of hard countered, but when someone counters MK, I can't counter them back. It breaks the system.

Edit:

Come to America.
You dumb C***, M2K would never sand bag. He said it himself how much he hates it.

BTW, There are other characters besides MK that make fox unviable. Do your mother****ing research next time.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
random ideas in my mind:

1. banning pika and kirby in ssb64

2. what about making a new smashboards, if mk gets banned at swf, so that we can laugh at this board if they go to our tourneys and get ***** by MKs, because having no experience at all

3. japan will **** america in the future, if MK gets banned? =)
I want to see the reaction of japanese players to the ban, lmao

4. I want to see how many people will look up at the backroom any more (maybe people start running their tourneys with their own rules without banning MK)

hahahah xD

dont take this post too seriously
Want does the Japan players think about this banning anyway? are they going to laugh at us and calls us fools for doing this or what.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Short Answer: No banning.

I would provide some convoluted reason as to why, but I'm too lazy. Just give the metagame more time to grow and expand and eventually MK will have some counters or anti-tactics.
This, right up here yo.

Sails

Smash Ace
There are sadly too many people who have little knowledge of how influential MK's overpowered-ness is to the competitive scene. This can be classified as "I don't know enough about it so whatever", "I never played a good MK", and "I'm voting No for the lulz".

I'm glad this is how our SWF overseers will judge this debacle. /s

Staco

Smash Champion
Lmao.
Look at the winning table.
MK won as clsoe as double as much tourneys than Snake.
BUT
oh, wait!
Snake wont as close as double as much tourneys than the following chars? :o

Ban Snake1!1!!

LMAO xD

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
oh man i can't wait to see what the 12 year olds and wifi community thinks about this debate

this poll is serious business
Typh won this post on the first page

Antiban.

Why do pro-ban people hid behind the fact that he is bannable instead of learning how to face him.

As said, No Johns, learn to play

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
You dumb C***, M2K would never sand bag. He said it himself how much he hates it.

BTW, There are other characters besides MK that make fox unviable. Do your mother****ing research next time.
Ok did you not read what I said? I said I've been all kinds of hard countered. I think I know my own character rofl.

Sheik, ZSS, PIKA, etc.

If you had paid any attention, I never said once that banning MK makes fox viable. I said it allows me to counterpick. I can counterpick a Pikachu, a Sheik, a Zero Suit Samus. I can't counterpick an MK. And you are really Naive. I know more about brawl fox than you will ever learn in your life. Unless your name is R00kie or Zeton, shut up about fox to me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yes, go to Melee plz so when you get 0 to death'd by opponents you can cry about how broken they are and try to ban them. xd

That is true, however, the problem is all the real skilled competitive players know the matchups so well that a scrub can't pick up MK and beat the actual skilled players unless they actually, you know, get good.
Then you also have the problem when "skilled players" beat "other skilled players" just by picking up MK. Fiction beating DEHF just by picking up MK (Other good players having to use MK as a secondaring IE Lain/Sethlon).

It's the "easy way out" mentality that's obnoxious, and it's especially obnoxious when you see someone lose to MK who is clearly the superior player. When good players lose to average players just because the average player is MK that's a problem. A Good Marth wont lose to an average IC's player, but might lose to an average MK player. (just an example)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah Ruddy, Sheik and Pikachu make Fox cry tears of agony. I used to main him so I'm pretty aware of his weaknesses. MK v Fox isn't that bad if you mind your stage positioning and spacing but even then it's still a pain.

EDIT: ZSS is NOT a bad match-up for Fox. Trust me on this she's cake.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Typh won this post on the first page

Antiban.

Why do pro-ban people hid behind the fact that he is bannable instead of learning how to face him.

As said, No Johns, learn to play

LOL, please....look at my previous post.

Get an argument.

People KNOW the matchup....

its called

picking any level
picking meta knight
doing infinite recovery options
not getting gimped, ever.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Ok did you not read what I said? I said I've been all kinds of hard countered. I think I know my own character rofl.

Sheik, ZSS, PIKA, etc.

If you had paid any attention, I never said once that banning MK makes fox viable. I said it allows me to counterpick. I can counterpick a Pikachu, a Sheik, a Zero Suit Samus. I can't counterpick an MK. And you are really Naive. I know more about brawl fox than you will ever learn in your life. Unless your name is R00kie or Zeton, shut up about fox to me.
That doesn't mean you can't just get better than your opponent and win.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah Ruddy, Sheik and Pikachu make Fox cry tears of agony. I used to main him so I'm pretty aware of his weaknesses. MK v Fox isn't that bad if you mind your stage positioning and spacing but even then it's still a pain.
GIGADRAMON FTW. I SEE YOU SON. :laugh::laugh:

Staco

Smash Champion
Then you also have the problem when "skilled players" beat "other skilled players" just by picking up MK. Fiction beating DEHF just by picking up MK (Other good players having to use MK as a secondaring IE Lain/Sethlon).

It's the "easy way out" mentality that's obnoxious, and it's especially obnoxious when you see someone lose to MK who is clearly the superior player. When good players lose to average players just because the average player is MK that's a problem. A Good Marth wont lose to an average IC's player, but might lose to an average MK player. (just an example)
Fiction got MK as his 2nd at all as far as I know.

And I remember SK92 picking MK vs. Fiction @ Evo and getting 2 stocked by his ICs, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom