• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Brookman

Smash Hero
it's never better to illusion
I disagree. I would say it is better to illusion when your opponent thinks you will ledge dash ;]

Ledge dash isn't any harder than wavedashing, you just have to approach it as suck. It's just way more risky.

Approach it as a perfect wavedash just really emphasize the down (or away) input to ensure you don't jump/roll/get up off the edge. Just spend a few minutes on it a day or whenever you play practice it in matches. Most importantly, get off the edge AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, to maximize invincibility.

When I was less good at it it was sort of like, I would do and and be surprised that I actualy succeeded and wouldn't act out of it quickly. It has to be a natural motion, so that you can just play out of it like it was nothing.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
:(. But its so much easier
Well thats the reason people illusion sometimes; in a tournament situation I can often feel the nerves, and I don't want to risk killing myself. If I'm feeling very smooth usually I'll just go for it, but when I start being more conscious I end up illusioning because if its safe i won't end up dead >_>

But yeah, I more or less agree with unknown; if you can perfect invincible ledgedash, there's hardly ever a reason not to.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
fox's ledgedash is freaking gay to defend against when done well lol
def worth it to learn.

illustion is mostly terrible unless you like...never do it and your opponent is close, then it becomes kinda ok.

Lovage

Smash Hero
illusion from the edge is fine in a lot of matchups, especially against slower characters like PEACH and DOC

your mileage may vary

unknown522

Some guy
I disagree. I would say it is better to illusion when your opponent thinks you will ledge dash ;]
reasons it's unsafe:

1. they can react to it and then shield/CC and punish. Or just move back/jump over it and **** you. It is also slower than falco's which gives more time and they can CC it at 120+%.

2. ledge WD is soooo invincible that you can get yourself out of being trapped.

Though I can agree with lovage about it working on slower characters, but ledge WD is always safe as long as you don't mess it up.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Half baked ledge waveland is still better than Illusion against most characters just because of how ridiculous the net invincibility actually is. Even if you halve it, it's still good lolol.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Perhaps people have different interpretations of color; more likely, its because when you're playing teams and select red team, fox is that color >_>

earla

Smash Lord
how many frames of invinicibility do we get from the edge?

are there moves we can use immediately from the edge that are during invincibility? are any completely invincible?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
um idk for sure what you're asking but. when you grab the ledge you get 30 frames of invulnerability that you can do whatever you want with. the only way to abuse them is by ledgedropping, though. what they're talking about is if you perfect waveland onto the stage you can have 16 frames of invuln to do anything you want.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i just found out i can do this weird freeze walk thing that voorhese was just talking about.

you gotta place your thumb around on one side of your joystick, and your pointer on the other. release your pointer finger and "walk" the joystick by alternating tapping with your pointer and your middle finger... "walking" is just a paintball term, in case your confused, but thats the motion i'm doing to press the stick as fast as possible, as many times as possible. my thumb being in the right place prevents fox from getting into a sprint tho, and he does the little freeze walk thing.. kinda hard to do tho. and i bet this post won't make sense to like 90% of the people who read it :/

just try to put your thumb inbetween the stick and the start button, so you prevent the stick from moving very far, and then tapping the joy stick with your middle and pointer finger as fast as you can ;)

edit: with practice... like 2 minutes, i've becoming really good at it LOL.. hello new taunt.

qazwer

Smash Rookie
I'm good but not great, this may sound like a stupid question, how do you drill shine and waveshine?

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
yo dawg i herd u liek 2 dblshine

get it str8

And, when you're drillshining, to practice, go to training mode and attempt a drillshine on the cpu. If the combo thing is more than 1 by the end of the shine, you did it right. If it's 1, then you didn't l-cancel.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I'm good but not great, this may sound like a stupid question, how do you drill shine and waveshine?
Mmmm, the last few posts seemed not very helpful and/or hard to interpret..

a drill shine, is when you do foxes d-air move, L cancel it, and then you shine. from there is generally a wavedash, also known as waveshining.

waveshine is when you do a shine, and since you can jump out of the shine, you can wavedash out of the shine too. So it's simply just [Shine -> wavedash out of it] the timing is kinda tricky but very easy once you get it down.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
how main black strictly fox mains r there????? raynex unknown(even tho he dabbles with the bird) sinji myself??????? any1 else

Top Bottom