• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
falco's downtilts are so... heavy. fox's are just so smooth and buttery and feel so good.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i was playing a mewtwo a couple weeks ago and when he naired me i was able to shine out of it quite a bit, basically just by spamming down-b. how gaurenteed/ legit is this tactic?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i was playing a mewtwo a couple weeks ago and when he naired me i was able to shine out of it quite a bit, basically just by spamming down-b. how gaurenteed/ legit is this tactic?
the more important question is why anyone would ever play mewtwo.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
his name is seanthedonconsidine and mewtwo is his best character. he used to post quite a bit so you might remember him

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
oh I know him.

but that doesn't answer the question of why anyone would ever play mewtwo.
that's like volunteering for a monthly prostate exam.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i told SDC to play shiek, and he tried and failed. went back to m2... and i think secondary's puff, which isn't as good as his m2 is.

unknown522

Some guy
*spawn beat lucky at rom or rom 2. So he's legit. ;]
lol. That doesn't mean anything.

Also, before anyone continues about d-tilt being good. It's not that great of a move. You can get shield grabbed by sheik and marth if you max range it. As long as you don't DI inwards if it hits you, there aren't many good follow-ups with it. At mid-high percents, it just has too much knockback to even follow it up (again unless you DI in, then you can u-air I guess, though character dependent). Also, randomly getting grabbed though it randomly because it ties with grab in frames.

That WD back -> f-tilt with marth is really funny. It can also get CC'd assuming marth doesn't tip it, but the WD is kinda a commitment in itself anyway. WD back -> f-smash is bad, unless you get lucky. Sounds like a MW strat if you ask me.

Also @ brookman: I'm player 1 all day. For every game I play

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
imo

green fox is best fox, followed closely by blue fox, then white fox, with home depot fox being at the bottom of the fox costume tier list.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Mewtwo is the most badass character in melee, with the exception of the whole 3 finger alien thing. He is just a ****ing Boss, and ***** is crazy smoothe. I love playing Mewtwo more than any character, of course I like fox/falco too, but thats only because of tech skill. My 2nd love <3
Depends on how consistently you can SDI out of M2s neutral air. Idk if Id necessarily want to just punish nair with shine tho, Id try to SDI out early enough and just use upsmash or upair. The priority on M2s neutral air is almost none, it just comes out fast.

Best way to accomplish that is just hard jerks on the stick in 1 direction. If m2 has alot of momentum then go against it. Hold the c stick in the direction of your stick smashes.
I want to play some ****ing melee so bad.

What controller port do yall use?

I inherited the idea of port 3 from DJ combo, I use to main black marth and m2 and the yellow shield with the gold trim looks sexy.

I still use port 3 tho. Of the 4 colors yellow is the best.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
green fox is god tier

then red fox is top tier along with white fox but red > white

then blue fox is garbage tier. pink boots? what is he, some kind of mincing fairy? pah

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
green fox is god tier

then red fox is top tier along with white fox but red > white

then blue fox is garbage tier. pink boots? what is he, some kind of mincing fairy? pah
EXACTLY.

couldn't have said it better myself.

edit: pc played every color btw - except he hardly ever used white. one time at a tournament, he told me that he didn't like playing white fox cuz white fox is chillindude fox, and chillin's fox was always ****ing ugly LOL

JPOBS

Smash Hero
thunders->double jab

its wat i've been working on lately cuz its freaking baller. double jab resets ingeneral are baller.

any inherent weaknesses/strengths with double jab instead of single jab?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I've read that double jab works better because it will either tap reset like normal, or tap them again if they SDI'd the first jab. This sets up jab to grab if they weren't CCing, and gives you a strong position over your opponent.
My understanding is double jab is better

EWC

Smash Ace
Double jab will sometimes stop them from escaping even if they (A)SDI the first one to pop them up, which is nice.

Also, you know how people often fall off the stage and grab the ledge after thunders', thereby ending your combo? I find that this happens a lot less with double jab. So that's pretty cool too.

Finally, double jab is hella balla so do it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
looking at a pound 3 video, his lasers looked pretty linear and his approach always seemed really expected <_< *laser in place over and over, then comes in with a sh aerial with no baiting of it*

coulda been just the match though. playing against drephen might bring that out

Top Bottom