• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nope none of the games were **** at all, Unknown SDed once by accident when it was even on yoshis and then got gimped.. prob momentum down after that.. lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Did m2k **** up unknown with sheik?

:phone:
Not at all.

Like unknown said, he switched to falco at first cause he thought m2k would stay marth for game 2 but he went sheik instead and unknown lost that match.

But then he went back to fox and totally styled on m2k's sheik hardcore in game 3.

mers

Smash Ace
So this is most likely a dumb question, but whatever.

You know that little trick Falcon mains love to do where they ledgehop and quickly waveland off the edge, then doublejump to whatever? If Fox does that waveland off as quickly as possible, then just grabs the ledge, is it useful to stall and maintain invincibility?

unknown522

Some guy
Yo KK vs m2k, was hype... lol.
The truth!

Did m2k **** up unknown with sheik?

The 1 sheik v fox match we had in the set, I ***** him on FoD.

I was down 2 stocks to his 3, and then I didn't lose a stock after that.

Nope none of the games were **** at all, Unknown SDed once by accident when it was even on yoshis and then got gimped.. prob momentum down after that.. lol.
ughhh. I really wanted to show a better performance. I think I could've won game 4.

thats tight that bam still plays. does he plan on going to us tourneys at all?
I hope so. He said that he wants to go to RoM4 and APEX when I talked to him there.

Unknown said his sheik was free, so just getting clarification ;)

he was way too predictable. I think I could've 3 stocked him that game, but I messed tech skill and got gimped randomly on my second stock.

edit: damn, fox is so hard to play. My left index finger is swollen from the tourney. My hand was hurting a lot around when I got to LQs. So I played a lot of secondaries

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's ok Ryan, just focus!! =)

Oh ya I played Weon-X in a bunch of friendlies, I was losing pretty hard in them, I barely beat him but then in tournament, I unleashed the bloodthirst.. and then I was able to read him really well. =P

unknown522

Some guy
thanks man! I also really appreciate you sitting next to me for support while I was playing him.

I felt pretty comfortable vs him. But it wasn't good enough yet.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya.. I think I 3 stocked him first game on DL and then I 2 stocked him on FoD but I was at high %. I was just getting mad reads, and then combo with Nair lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So this is most likely a dumb question, but whatever.

You know that little trick Falcon mains love to do where they ledgehop and quickly waveland off the edge, then doublejump to whatever? If Fox does that waveland off as quickly as possible, then just grabs the ledge, is it useful to stall and maintain invincibility?
according to magus almost every character has a perfect ledge stall using this method. The qualifier "useful" would make me say "no" however. Just use firefox or fastfall regrab for safety

unknown522

Some guy
Ya.. I think I 3 stocked him first game on DL and then I 2 stocked him on FoD but I was at high %. I was just getting mad reads, and then combo with Nair lol.
OMG that n-air <3.

But yeah, on the ride back Camilo said that you're legit and a very nice person.

@Unknown. Raynex still playing? One of my fav foxes :(
Yeah, he's still playing. But he recently lost his controller and is having trouble finding a new good one.

I still play at his house quite a bit. Also, he's my favorite fox as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
But since it's so fast, wouldn't it require less frame perfection and maybe be easier?

This isn't really something I know a lot about.
theres actually a limit for how quickly you can grab the edge in succession. It happens to be exactly as many frames as you have invincibility, so it would require absolute frame perfection. If you're too fast, you just fall past the ledge without grabbing. If you're too slow you will be in a pretty vulnerable spot without invincibility.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
OMG that n-air <3.

But yeah, on the ride back Camilo said that you're legit and a very nice person.

Yeah, he's still playing. But he recently lost his controller and is having trouble finding a new good one.

I still play at his house quite a bit. Also, he's my favorite fox as well.
You should tell em to post on the boards. He used to be my Fox sensei. I need a new sensei. Trying to pick alil Fox back up.

unknown522

Some guy
double post:

A lot of people keep saying that I.B. doesn't play anymore. That's not true. here is some sets that he played at a tourney 2 weeks ago: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16481020. I don't think we played anywhere near our best, but I still think there was some good high-level sets.

Starting from 2:04:00 the following sets are:
- I.B. vs Weon-x (LFs. [Weon-x beat I.B in winner's semis, but it wasn't recorded due to an accident])
- 2:22:00, Me vs I.B (GFs) and 1 friendly after the 4th game.

Other sets in the vid:
- Ministry vs Sauc3 (LQs?)
- me vs Sauc3 (WSF)
- Me vs Riddlebox (WQs)
- some teams matches
- and I think the others are friendlies aside from those

Top Bottom