• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

unknown522

Some guy
lol.

Speaking of DI, I combo'd this guy in my pool (he was sheik on DL64) with drill -> shine -> illusion edgecancel -> shine -> up-smash.

Then after that combo, Kage told me how he JV5'd some other sheik in his pool

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Stfu, anything is possible and infinite potential!
I mean, I don't mind accepting this mindset with characters and players, but do we really need to apply it to combos too?

Next you'll be telling me anything is possible movement wise. And then priority-wise. The very foundations of the game will crumble around us! Master Hand is playable! Giga Bowser is low tier! Luigi beats Fox because of jab infinites but gets camped by Ness's broken movement! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

/mind implosion

JPOBS

Smash Hero
man i don't care what anyone says about DI shenanigans in Dark's combo vid, his combos are incredibly creative.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
man i don't care what anyone says about DI shenanigans in Dark's combo vid, his combos are incredibly creative.
They definitely are incredibly creative... but it doesn't hurt that his opponents are literally picking the worst possible DI >_>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
omg loved that first walljump shine kill. reminds me of that teams match you vs m2k and cort?? where you got like 3 shinespike kills i think by yourself in like 10 seconds.
chillin & azen vs. m2k and vidjo on battlefield

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Winston answered my first question. Jpobs answered my second question which was "whats the option oos when peach is on low percents"?

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Shine turnaround wavedash to ledgegrab VS shine turnaround up-b to ledgegrab. Pros and cons of each? Which would be the better option?

crush

Smash Master
Better option depends on the situation. The best option is not always the right one. I like using shine turnaround up-b when edgeguarding marth because it has offstage hitboxes up the wazoo *:awesome:*

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think it usually makes a difference tbh. Fox grabs the edge super fast like 10 different ways and most of them are viable and they all have their little moments of being the best. I'd probably recommend usually doing methods that involve onstage WD and stuff like that just because if you get hit out of a shine > turn-around > up+B you don't have a jump. And you're probably going to die.

Onstage WD --> edgegrabs are also easy, and consistency is important. Jumping to grab the edge is really underutilized by a lot of players. Especially vs Marth.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Is the firegrab ever better than the shine turnaround wavedash? The "you might get killed" thing is a pretty big cost, and it's slower afaik.

I guess when you are too far away to reach the edge in one wavedash but too close to do a dash canceled shine, but other than that...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Is the firegrab ever better than the shine turnaround wavedash? The "you might get killed" thing is a pretty big cost, and it's slower afaik.

I guess when you are too far away to reach the edge in one wavedash but too close to do a dash canceled shine, but other than that...
You could just DD WD FF edgegrab though.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Pretty sure reverse shine wave dash is da bess and the sexiest

:phone:

ya waveshine onto the ledge is really fast, safe and consistent. definitely the method i would recommend to most players

i've gotten really consistent at shinehogs recently and they're way faster than i used to think, pretty good option if you can do them well

Top Bottom