• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I used to practice on FD in practice mode spawning on the left side and just pressing reset every time I messed up
I'm at the point now that it's consistent enough in practice that I can just do it while beating up a computer

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
marth's dair is in every way better than counter..hits way below the ledge too..forces them to tech, and anything but tech insta phantasm is not even that good.

what i wish though is that I would hurry up and learn to drop side b/fair them when they are under the stage instead of trying for the dair, as theoretically this should be the best option..but no marth does it

unknown522

Some guy
I used to always do shine -> ledge WD since 2006.

now I do the shine if I'm messing up without it. Or if I can hit someone because they're too close to the edge

Also, it's all about marth d-air -> edgecancel -> ledgegrab. Cover all options, in case they tech

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
ya Lucky also does it a lot

I started doing it on days where I'm not feeling comfortable doing normal waveledges

unknown522

Some guy
you were the first person i saw do that and i was like yoooooooooooooooooo fox is cute

its pretty dope. it the most consistent way for me
:D I stole the shine -> ledge WD hit from Zelgadis when I watched his combo vid back when it was new (shine blind). You had to download it from th hub back then. It wasn't on YouTube at the time.

Also regarding the other post. I started trying to do double shine oos on the computer....and I kept shine-grabbing oos by accident. It was kinda consistent at first, until I started doing the double shine properly. It just kinda made me laugh

Edit: mike nasty's combo vid is still pretty sick even today. I watched it again last week (pure nastyness).

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
So recently ive been wanting to address the problem i have that people DI my nairs/dairs and i miss the shine. I think i figured out how i'm gonna deal with it, just dash in the direction i need to to get back into range and jc shine. thoughts?

i'm thinking the problem shouldnt exist in the 1st place, but it does for me =(

Bones0

Smash Legend
Critique me! :D

Some are labeled wrong on Twitch, and I'm currently unable to edit them for w/e reason. If you don't plan on watching all of them, my later matches are much better because I was fully warmed up. I had a bad Marth day. :/ Any criticism at all is welcome, but you can leave out the scolding of my Fox's multishining. I was just doing it for teh lulz. :awesome:

[collapse= Bones (Falco) vs.]1. Btree (Peach)
2. GimR (Marth)
3. King of Cereal (DK)
4. DJ (Marth)
5. DJ (Marth)
6. King of Cereal (DK)
7. DJ (Marth)
8. King of Cereal (DK)
9. Paul (Sheik)
10. DJ (Marth)
11. Paul (Sheik)
12. DJ (Marth)
13. Paul (Sheik)
14. Paul (Sheik)
15. Paul (Sheik)
16. King of Cereal (DK)
17. Paul (Sheik)[/collapse]
[collapse=Bones (Fox) vs.]1. Btree (Samus)
2. DJ (Marth)
3. DJ (Marth)
4. King of Cereal (DK)
5. DJ (Marth)
6. King of Cereal (DK)
7. DJ (Marth)
8. DJ (Marth)
9. King of Cereal (DK)
10. DJ (Marth)[/collapse]
[collapse=Bones (Marth) vs.]1. Paul (Sheik)
2. King of Cereal (DK)[/collapse]
[collapse=Bones (Ness) vs.]1. DJ (Marth)
2. DJ (Marth)
3. King of Cereal (DK)
4. King of Cereal (DK)[/collapse]

Also Wenbo, I did a LH bair regrab in between stocks just for you. It's at the 2 minute mark of Fox match #8. :D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
So recently ive been wanting to address the problem i have that people DI my nairs/dairs and i miss the shine. I think i figured out how i'm gonna deal with it, just dash in the direction i need to to get back into range and jc shine. thoughts?

turnaround uptilt

or nair again if its really far. or run grab like lucky does.

Lovage

Smash Hero

wtf? why shouldn't this problem exist, it's called people having good DI lol. people are gonna DI your dairs and it's tough to deal with, to help the shine connect you can fastfall later (or not at all) so you have more time to more your character forward to catch up with their di. also, in general, make sure you continue to hold forward for the entirety of your dair so your shine has the greatest chance to hit.

as for them DI'ing your nairs (i assume you're talking about >30%) this is also something you gotta deal with by getting better at by:
a) moving fast to cover all of their tech options after the nair, often with another nair (TECH CHASING)
b) being able to react with a short hop late nair if they don't tech (won't happen much vs. good players)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hey so I have to beat a certain tall bearded virginian sheik player in a money match in about 2 weeks

I'm generally confident at the sheik matchup but, to unknown/lovage in particular, could you guys shed any particular light onto your thought processes when fighting good sheiks? like the MOST important things to look out for/think about when you fight sheik

thanks very much >_>

unknown522

Some guy
I havent seen her at a tournament since like... November :S
she went to the January monthly

@ toph: of all the high level players I have played, I find him to be the most predictable (tied with a certain Cali peach player). :p

Avoid grabs. He fishes hard for them. Also when he's recovering close to the stage then he does an aerial pretty much every time.

You can look up my set vs him at apex I guess. That was the worst I played that day, but it still wasn't close

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
wtf? why shouldn't this problem exist, it's called people having good DI lol. people are gonna DI your dairs and it's tough to deal with, to help the shine connect you can fastfall later (or not at all) so you have more time to more your character forward to catch up with their di. also, in general, make sure you continue to hold forward for the entirety of your dair so your shine has the greatest chance to hit.

as for them DI'ing your nairs (i assume you're talking about >30%) this is also something you gotta deal with by getting better at by:
a) moving fast to cover all of their tech options after the nair, often with another nair (TECH CHASING)
b) being able to react with a short hop late nair if they don't tech (won't happen much vs. good players)
I feel like if i try to go far with my dair and they CC it then they get out for free. Do you have enough time to react to that normally? I am just now using dair a lot more. Also as for the % i'm not quite so sure, but they do end up hitting the ground pretty soon after it. I think i mainly need to just stall the aerial so i am ready to move right away after the hit maybe also? I haven't ever purposely tried to not fast fall, LE and ckit tell me to try it in some situations, but i just never remember. Thx for the advice.

turnaround uptilt

or nair again if its really far. or run grab like lucky does.
Still having problems with slight angles on my new controller so i flub turn around uptilt a lot, and I will try the grab thing, that was what i tried before. I didn't delay my aerial however, so maybe that's why i couldn't land a grab after. Thx for the advice also!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
and even then, a ledgehop dair is strictly better anyway.

but don't tell them that :troll:
Many Marths avoid ledgehop dair because if the Fox has multiple angles, the timing differs. So if Fox has 2 ways he can ride the wall, plus the option to go straight up, ledgehop dair can be a risky proposition.

In other words...

Battlefield all dai. easy mode

Top Bottom