• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Wait...what...? Oh, sure :) Hope you've been practicing!

I get a lot of practice playing gay campy players, one that didn't play gay and now does, you know KY? I learned the close range meta game back when he didn't spam arrows, and with him now camping me along with most of the rest of my crew (mainly MJG), I learned patience and can over come a lot of camp defensive strategies.

Don't worry though, you're still a legit pit, just need more variety in your strategy. (You literally tried to just run away and shoot...).

And it was K Prime I fought on Picto, I'm not ready for Esam just yet. (Well maybe ...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQOkCA3Knk see?
thank you. i appreciate the input. funny thing is in normal tourneys im usually way more aggro. but i got all worked up at this being my first national and such that i guess i tried to play mega ultra safe instead of playing like i normally do.

well back to practicing. (btw i second fox. you ever see the trigasm vid? ya im vash :))

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Learn to make sense and spell correct, then I will take you seriously.

Where= were
A**holish? is that a word?
That its? you mean that is?

Glad to help:)
LOL Grammar nazi on the boards?...That was your best comeback?... Lemme "Fix" this for you so you can understand.

LMAO, I Just now read RizK's post. You are a f**king idiot.

You can't say s**t like that and then say something totally a**holish.

"Not trying to be rude, but were you always so f**king ugly?"

Regardless what you said before, that's still rude as f**k.
A**holish is not a "Dictionary word" however, "ish" is used as a suffix on the word A**hole to describe your actions.

I.E. Girl -> Girlish.

Also, you are totally failing at "changing".

Rizk18

Smash Lord
No it isn't. It's either even or slightly in her favor.
Omfg that's what I told people on the ZSS thread we have on the Fox MU thread. NickRiddle apparently believes it is 60:40 Fox favor. I also think it is her favor by 55-45, just because she dies early from U-smash,(which most of the cast does) doesn't mean anything. Her D-smash infinite is 0-almost death I think.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Omfg that's what I told people on the ZSS thread we have on the Fox MU thread. NickRiddle apparently believes it is 60:40 Fox favor. I also think it is her favor by 55-45, just because she dies early from U-smash,(which most of the cast does) doesn't mean anything. Her D-smash infinite is 0-almost death I think.
NickRiddle commented on the 0-Death in the same post as his opinion of the 6:4 Fox. He said it never happens, making that tactic invalid; I mean how often do you see it being done. It's not that easy to do like Pika's cg.

I'd just say its an even MU at worst?

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I would say even also. Reading an airdodge to the ground or D-air from Fox could result in a D-smash. Reading a roll could result in a D-smash. Reading a spotdodge could result in a normal or charged D-smash.Though it's not as easy as it seems,there are ways to do it, it isn't completely avoidable.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
That stupid dsmash of hers. Isn't it an infinite on us?
Yea
Meh It's just an opinion
It's definately Zss favor. Fox only has 1 kill move and it's super easy to avoid.
No
NickRiddle commented on the 0-Death in the same post as his opinion of the 6:4 Fox. He said it never happens, making that tactic invalid; I mean how often do you see it being done. It's not that easy to do like Pika's cg.
I'd just say its an even MU at worst?
PatG and Snakeee say the same thing. She dies super early and the dsmash lock is hard to pull of if the Fox keeps moving all the time.

Like, seriously why is Zeton not on this?

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?!
I have the thread ownership, Zeton would most definitely be on here, but he wanted to be taken off for whatever reason. To be honest I am actually not finding a point in a PR for a specific character anymore. I might also remove myself soon.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
does anyone know where a vid can be found of the infinite? i thought it was just a lock? how do they turn it around once they get to the end of the stage?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Iirc, Fox barely goes anywhere, and by the time you're at the end of the stage you would die to bair anyways.

Esca

Smash Champion
Don't take yourself off the PR. Some Fox players need goals to be X person in the tier list. It's an accomplishment.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i see. luckly for us zamus's dsmash is very easy to block and very punishable, but i guess its still can potentially wreck us.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
down smash from zss isnt punishable at all... what are you talking about

unless you mean punishable when you avoid it as opposed to blocking it. it gives zss frame advantage on block last i heard.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
down smash from zss isnt punishable at all... what are you talking about

unless you mean punishable when you avoid it as opposed to blocking it. it gives zss frame advantage on block last i heard.
does it? because ive been upsmashing on block and it hasnt failed once lol i dunno

Nike.

Smash Hero
Local tourney today.

1. Espy
2. Megafox
3. Poltergust
4. Sky Pirate
5. K Prime
5. Big Boss

Megafox beat both K Prime and Poltergust, 2-0 and 3-0. He beat Espy in the first set 3-1, then Espy 3-1'd him back.

I can't believe how good Megafox has gotten. This thread is gonna see some major meatriding for him in the next 24 hours.

Alot of his sets got recorded.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Local tourney today.

1. Espy
2. Megafox
3. Poltergust
4. Sky Pirate
5. K Prime
5. Big Boss

Megafox beat both K Prime and Poltergust, 2-0 and 3-0. He beat Espy in the first set 3-1, then Espy 3-1'd him back.

I can't believe how good Megafox has gotten. This thread is gonna see some major meatriding for him in the next 24 hours.

Alot of his sets got recorded.
Did he use Snake against Kprime?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

you quote all of that - just to ask that question omfg hhahahaha

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey, stumbled upon the ZSS vs Fox stuff 8)

ZSS' d-smash is mostly a deterrent vs Fox. You have to remain conscious of the fact that there is a nuke in our arsenal that can be thrown out there, and possibly cost you a fresh stock. This very fact causes the Fox player to take necessary precautions that he wouldn't need to otherwise. (This fact could also be a very big 'mind****' and cause the Fox to become a bit paranoid, but that's player dependent so I won't add it to the equation).

Because of that, I'd say it may be about a 1 point difference for the MU. So, the d-smash issue changes the result from a very slight favor for Fox at 55-45 Fox's favor to 55-45 ZSS's favor imo.

EDIT: Also, ZSS' D-smash (and side B) is very much punishable. I revert back to what I originally thought when Nick Riddle began to get away with murder while using those moves the way he does. I respect him now, and his game helped my own as well. That said, I feel very certain that this part of his play style is extremely exploitable. I have been finding ways to use these moves more efficiently nowadays, however, and I hope my new style proves to be efficient enough to win me tourneys again as I return to this game now :D
...didn't mean to go on about that, but I couldn't help it after seeing the confusion about that move lol

Top Bottom