• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Secondaries

Variable

Smash Ace
So who do you guys play as a secondary character for matchups like Sheik, or pika? Possibly even IC's (Not too bad though) I'm needing to get a good character in who is pretty similar with Fox, but is good in those MU's. I mean, I love fox, and he puts up a great fight in MOST Matchups, but if you get CG by pika, or F-Tilt locked by a Sheik player, there goes a stock... =/. It's still winnable, but I was looking for a some-what easier route... So who do yall play on the side that can win those matchups?

daballa100

Smash Cadet
*marth main* marth is a solid second for fox, but marth's learning curve is sorta high if you don't know his spacing, but it's not horrible. Good luck with marth if you use him.
Everybody's welcome on marth boards.

Variable

Smash Ace
*marth main* marth is a solid second for fox, but marth's learning curve is sorta high if you don't know his spacing, but it's not horrible. Good luck with marth if you use him.
Everybody's welcome on marth boards.
Yeah, Marth for me is really hard to win with.. I mean he's easy to use, but to be good you have to know what you're doing, and play extremely well. I'm JUST starting to get pretty decent with fox, so learning two characters will be difficult.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wouldn't G&W work too o-o? He has an advantage on Pikachu and Sheik. And its he's easier to learn than Marth

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I say MK but meh lol. But srsly, marth is a good second, also Ganon does great against... well he um..............................................................................................................

>.>

M@v

Subarashii!
Mk is the answer to everything guys. Its brawl, come on now :)

A few matchups marth does better in(Pika is a very noteworthy one), but MK's learning curve is much lower than Marth's.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
This may seem odd, but i'm kinda prone to Wario lately, maybe its a personality flaw, but a fastly different gameplay keeps my mind able to separate the two. How does he do against pika, sheik, mk, ic?

Variable

Smash Ace
This may seem odd, but i'm kinda prone to Wario lately, maybe its a personality flaw, but a fastly different gameplay keeps my mind able to separate the two. How does he do against pika, sheik, mk, ic?

Wario doesn't really have any bad MU's. You have some dis-advantages but certaintly nothing un-winninable or EXTREMELY HARD such as a fox vs. a good sheik / pika.

I'm starting to just main Fox 100%, I really like his game-style and I can't even with one match with anyone else... However with fox, I win the majority... I'll just eventually learn to not get grabbed...

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i would use marth as a secondary for the fox (who will one day reign againin the top tier slot!). the way marth works as backup for fox is delicious.

Variable

Smash Ace
Yea you will get grabbed but you can minimize the times it happens.

Anyone else think we need to look at Fox and full jumping? A lot come up.
But Full jumping eliminates our laser game.. which is what puts the pressure on our opponents.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol come on variable I think you're thinking too hard about. I'm not saying full jumping all the time.

Look at TKD and how he uses full jumping.

Variable

Smash Ace
Really guys? Lol

BTW That TKD part was the only good part in the song... That and the running away the whole time while pressing B thing. haha

TKD

Smash Lord
Marth covers the MAJORITY of Fox's bad match ups.
Correction: All of them.

Wario doesn't really have any bad MU's. You have some dis-advantages but certaintly nothing un-winninable or EXTREMELY HARD such as a fox vs. a good sheik / pika.
You guys are too negative.
Sheik isn't unwinnable. It's 3/7. Don't get ftilted.
Pikachu isn't unwinnable. Don't approach until out of cg %.

- 2nd Meta Knight if Brinstar, Norfair or Rainbow Cruise is allowed. No need to waste a ban.
- 2nd whatever you want against Pikachu if there's a "win by %" rule in the tournament (Pikachu can just poke you so you have to approach to chain-grab you. If there's no win by % they won't risk the sudden death or waste time by going into the rematch).
- 2nd whatever you want against Sheik no matter the rules if you don't want to face our worst match-up.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Correction: All of them.

You guys are too negative.
Sheik isn't unwinnable. It's 3/7. Don't get ftilted.
Pikachu isn't unwinnable. Don't approach until out of cg %.

- 2nd Meta Knight if Brinstar, Norfair or Rainbow Cruise is allowed. No need to waste a ban.
- 2nd whatever you want against Pikachu if there's a "win by %" rule in the tournament (Pikachu can just poke you so you have to approach to chain-grab you. If there's no win by % they won't risk the sudden death or waste time by going into the rematch).
- 2nd whatever you want against Sheik no matter the rules if you don't want to face our worst match-up.
To be honest, hearing you say this makes me wanna learn MK lol =3

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
you really need a good counter for the guys with good recoveries. if they have bad recoveries, than you can usually get them off a ledge and than shine them for a ko. youll need to worry about people like kirby or mk who have excellent jumping capabilities.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
I'm a G&W player who has taken up Fox as a secondary/co-main, and I can say that G&W doesn't fear matchups that Fox might, with the exception of maybe Marth. G&W really is a good compliment to Fox.

Lesleyk

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, haven't really noticed anyone playing Wario as a secondary here. It's my pride that stands in my way of using MK. So I started using Wario ^^ (lol almost as broken as mk though)

Wario does a great job too at covering Fox his MU. Okay he's a few disadvantages like the GR that almost everyone has on him. But a good Wario player doesn't get grabbed (found that out the hard way).

Wario is in no way the same as Fox, but he's quite handy if u are against players that know the Fox MU quite well. He's able to punish those characters that fox can't.

TKD

Smash Lord
lol dont dude, i did the same thing and ended up maining him LOL
Not everyone is that way. I main Fox and have a Meta Knight for friendlies and to play in the U.S. in certain stages (the already mentioned) because of their gay rule-set. And you really need one of few characters in those stages. Game & Watch probably works too...in fact, I think he may be a beast in Brinstar.

So...Meta Knight or Game & Watch.
Too bad that Marth's the best Fox secondary match-up wise, but these regions keep allowing those crazy stages so he's not OK.

Variable

Smash Ace
Not everyone is that way. I main Fox and have a Meta Knight for friendlies and to play in the U.S. in certain stages (the already mentioned) because of their gay rule-set. And you really need one of few characters in those stages. Game & Watch probably works too...in fact, I think he may be a beast in Brinstar.

So...Meta Knight or Game & Watch.
Too bad that Marth's the best Fox secondary match-up wise, but these regions keep allowing those crazy stages so he's not OK.
My GaW is far superior than my MK. For some reason I don't play well with him at all.

RPK

Smash Lord
Im wondering...How's Shiek/Zelda for a secondary? I know that Zelda does really well against ICs and that it becomes in shieks favor if you start off as Zelda first and then change into shiek at around 60ish percent where Pika can no longer CG shiek.

Variable

Smash Ace
Im wondering...How's Shiek/Zelda for a secondary? I know that Zelda does really well against ICs and that it becomes in shieks favor if you start off as Zelda first and then change into shiek at around 60ish percent where Pika can no longer CG shiek.
I used to play sheik.

Uhhh Fox is better in pretty much everything. Stick with fox. I'd rather play pika with fox then with shiek. Sheik has a hard time killing and zelda is just bad, and it's never a good idea to start with her. period. That's a BAD idea. If you're gonna play sheik, only switch for kills, and even then wait till they're off stage. It's not hard to charge a smash attack when sheik tranforms.

Top Bottom