• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Secondaries

RPK

Smash Lord
...But Shiek/Zelda is a viable character o.O Hell, even A tier material. So I dont know what your talking about. Zelda has some match ups where its in her favor. Same with shiek. And when the two of them are combined together. you gain those 1 ups, on those characters and in addition they make a great team. Shiek=Great Damage builder Zelda=Great Arsenal of Kill Moves Thus Shiek+Zelda=Good character. Plus together, their worst match up is a 6:4 with plenty of match ups in their favor.

Variable

Smash Ace
...But Shiek/Zelda is a viable character o.O Hell, even A tier material. So I dont know what your talking about. Zelda has some match ups where its in her favor. Same with shiek. And when the two of them are combined together. you gain those 1 ups, on those characters and in addition they make a great team. Shiek=Great Damage builder Zelda=Great Arsenal of Kill Moves Thus Shiek+Zelda=Good character. Plus together, their worst match up is a 6:4 with plenty of match ups in their favor.
Say what you want, but I played sheik for a while and there was a reason I dropped her. She's not very viable, you'll get some occasional wins but she's definately NOT A tier material....

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
You don`t Secondary MK, you just don`t.lol Since no matter who you fight, and where you fight. MK has the upper hand. He`s the best character in the dam game.......if your about to secondary him........then why not main him.lol

I main Fox.........................and I secondary Fox

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
So who do you guys play as a secondary character for matchups like Sheik, or pika? Possibly even IC's (Not too bad though) I'm needing to get a good character in who is pretty similar with Fox, but is good in those MU's. I mean, I love fox, and he puts up a great fight in MOST Matchups, but if you get CG by pika, or F-Tilt locked by a Sheik player, there goes a stock... =/. It's still winnable, but I was looking for a some-what easier route... So who do yall play on the side that can win those matchups?
MK, Diddy, Wario, Marth, ROB, Lucario, GW. Learn any of those and you'll be 100% fine with Fox's bad MU's.

RPK

Smash Lord
Pikachu gets ***** by shiek if you first start out as Zelda and keep it going till 60% to avoid that dumb CG then play as shiek :3 When you wanna go for the kill, grab Pikachu go :3 and then grab release to upsmash for the kill. Zelda ***** ICs, and Shiek vs Shiek is 100 in Shiek's favor so you dont have to worry about that. In addition, good match ups all around with her worst being 6:4. Go shiek/zelda ftw :3

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
A Fox main should not go Shiek.....wats the point. For one thing, Fox has a much easyer time killing..... if your up against a decent Pikachew, Fox can be chaingrabed yes, but once Fox`s % exceed the chaingrab limit, then Pikachew is screwed, he can`t kill for ****. all you gota do is shield, and Pikachew will NOT kill you (grabs wont kill you).

also, if you shield ANY of Pikachews smash attacks, then you have a free up-smash or dash up-smash. (you don`t have to power shield)

shieks problem will be to kill, VERY bad choice of a secondary for Fox.

PS: Zelda is REALLY low on the tier list for a reason, Pikachew is a much better character then Zelda.

Roller

Smash Legend
You could always go pika as a secondary..

***** sheik and by learning pika you will learn more about his weaknesses and how they can be abused. Just an idea. I'd say mk is the best choice though. I'd be in favor of Marth instead, but like TKD said, the stage list provides too many cp's that hurt Marth.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Fox and Marth.

Well, I used to main only Fox in melee until he was nerfed badly in brawl. I found Marth very useful against Fox's worst match up characters.

RPK

Smash Lord
Shiek kills by turning into Zelda and exploiting all those BS kill moves that she has...Which is all of dems! ._. The two together are good. Alone they suck, but like I said, together I say Shiek/Zelda is one of the better characters in the game and is pretty top tier o-o No joke.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^ lololol no. Zelda is gonna get ***** before she will land that kill move. Camp her and make her use her lol fail approaches.

RPK

Smash Lord
Thats why you do all the damage with Shiek, knock them off stage, transform with Zelda, and edge guard them. All you gotta do is **** up once, and Zelda will kill you with anything since almost all her moves are basically kill moves. Though you could also grab release DACUS with Shiek depending on the character.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Chances of you messing up is slim compared to how Zelda is. If things were that easy wouldn't think they would be doing well in tournies and higher in tier list?

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Thats why you do all the damage with Shiek, knock them off stage, transform with Zelda, and edge guard them. All you gotta do is **** up once, and Zelda will kill you with anything since almost all her moves are basically kill moves. Though you could also grab release DACUS with Shiek depending on the character.
Fully charged needle to DACUS FTW I was blown away when someone did that to me. But Honestly I believe any character with good matchups versus pika and shiek are viable picks since Fox dosent really have any bad match ups besides them.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
ICE CLIMBERS YO.

I don't feel that Sheik is that bad honestly, pika and ICs are so much worse IMO lol. But I dunno. I don't play Fox at a high level really and haven't played a good Sheik with him, but theorycrafting that's how I feel. Judo, a really good sheik from Kentucky, said he feels the same way, like the MUs only 6:4 Sheik because the F-tilt is hard to land and her other tools aside from the lock don't really beat Fox. Pikachu I can see beating Fox or at worst going even without the CG, but the CG lol, and Ice Climbers oh god

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't really think Pika or Shiek are THAT bad. The MUs for them are the same like ZSS. If they can't land the lock we win. Also just play extra campy on Pika due to his crappy grab range it won't be hard too
dodge to also at 55% CG doesn't work so just lol at the Pika if it grabs you then. Shield camp shiek.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Pika seems to have tools to beat Fox normally though, which Sheik does not. And Pika's CG is much easier to land than Sheik's with his tools.
IMO.

and then ice climbers is just really dumb

I can go over it in detail if you want but this is from the opinion of someone who only really theorycrafts these characters except Fox and ICs (but isn't that good with either of them lol)

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
ICE CLIMBERS YO.

I don't feel that Sheik is that bad honestly, pika and ICs are so much worse IMO lol. But I dunno. I don't play Fox at a high level really and haven't played a good Sheik with him, but theorycrafting that's how I feel. Judo, a really good sheik from Kentucky, said he feels the same way, like the MUs only 6:4 Sheik because the F-tilt is hard to land and her other tools aside from the lock don't really beat Fox. Pikachu I can see beating Fox or at worst going even without the CG, but the CG lol, and Ice Climbers oh god
Laser camping works against pika maybe depending on the pika but the IC's have walls and ice blocks which really can destroy your camp game if they back you towards the ledge. I hate this character soooo much they are the worst in the game. Dosent make sense lol.
I hate the IC match up all together imo if you see a IC player that knows the CG's well go meta. He will eat them alive with nado and nair.

I don't really think Pika or Shiek are THAT bad. The MUs for them are the same like ZSS. If they can't land the lock we win. Also just play extra campy on Pika due to his crappy grab range it won't be hard too
dodge to also at 55% CG doesn't work so just lol at the Pika if it grabs you then. Shield camp shiek.
I always wonder when the CG dosent work anymore sucks I have never played any good pikas so I don't have and good input on that. But Shiek can land the ftilt lock pretty easy if they can catch you slipping

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ice blocks do not force an approach due to you can shine cancel when an ice block hits it. Also you can say the same about ZSS's Dsmash like Shiek's Ftilit.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Ice blocks don't really force an approach but it's not like either of you can do much. You can avoid their desynch blocks but not while lasering I don't think, so it's up to one of the characters to approach. Desynch blizzard wall is really effective, you don't have too many attacks safe on shield and SH U-air is another option for punishing SH approaches, getting grabbed by Popo even if Nana's on the opposite side will probably mean getting CGd because I'm pretty sure Popo can just D-throw CG you to like 60-70, can't really do much at any range to put pressure on them, ICs that know the match-up will (or should) SDI out of your F-airs and U-air you and SDI out of your D-airs and maybe grab you (haven't tested that yet though), powershielded U-smash or really anything equals death—

There's a lot of inconvenient things in the match-up. Not sure what it actually is but I know it's definitely the most frustrating and difficult as Fox for me.

Pikachu can just crawl under lasers lol

Top Bottom