• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox - slowed down

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I think it's really good that they're supposed to have slowed Fox down in Brawl, because i think he was a broken charcater in SSBM, he was way too strong for being that fast, anyone else agree?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I Couldnt agree more too strong too fast aswell an unfair combination ticked me off whenever i wanted to beat fox with ganondorf but i guess they had to slow him down or make sonic ultra fast right??

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
yeah, it's just so annoying when you o against someone who you KNOW isn't as good as you, but it's still hard because Fox is so broken, and i think they have made sonic really fast, which will be ok as long as he's really weak too :)

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Like my younger bro i can smoke him all day everyday and since hes always fox its always hard to beat him even with samus or link. so im hoping all is fixed in brawl fast and weak but still cool. ive added you to my buddy list aswell Icarus :)

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Like my younger bro i can smoke him all day everyday and since hes always fox its always hard to beat him even with samus or link. so im hoping all is fixed in brawl fast and weak but still cool. ive added you to my buddy list aswell Icarus :)
:O cool! :) my first smash buddy XD how can i add you to my buddy list?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm glad he's being nerf down. He'll be less cheap and I don't have to constantly fall off the cliffs whenever I use him. >_>

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
I think it's really good that they're supposed to have slowed Fox down in Brawl, because i think he was a broken charcater in SSBM, he was way too strong for being that fast, anyone else agree?
man i agree with you all the way. fox was too broken. i'm glad he's been nerfed and slow down too. maybe this time all characters will be balanced and have an equal chance of winning. thank you sakurai! :]

DamagedJustice

Smash Rookie
i always use/used Fox as my character... i never realized he was "broken"

Probly cause my friend who id always play with was fox too.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I never used Fox, but I'm still glad he's been nerfed. There has been around 6 threads about his nerfs...

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
It sucks that he was nerfed... no good compitition anymore. :laugh: well out of all foolishness and cockiness aside, Fox was a good character, very fast and a good KS'er. My friend beat me with him most of the time. but is it really good that he was nerfed. From the vids I've seen of fox, I'd say he isnt that good of a brawler anymore. What he had in Melee was his speed, which made him up to par with the other characters. not that its degraded, I dunno. which is why I hope they dont nerf him to bad. not that I cared to choose him. Just he was always fun and eventful to go against.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Well I think he may be back to his original speed for SSB64, that is jsut by observing the gameplay videos though, meh I could play anyone (virtually) in Melee, I can beat a lvl 9 cpu fox, He can be stopped though...

Kazu01

Smash Rookie
Fox being nerfed is a good choice in my opinion, yet I beleive they removed his weakness at the same time. Sure Fox was fast, sure he was great at comboing, but because of his speed, in many cases, one mistake could cost you a stock. That's why it was also his weakness. There was also the fact that he was hard to master. And, also, I beleive simply nerfing his shine is enough to hurt his usefulness, as Fox, while not completely depending on it, still depended on it quite a bit.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
Fox was always about speed and comboing, (in 64 most of his attacks were pretty weak) if they remove those, the people who liked him in the first two will have their reasons for playing him removed also.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
i'm not saying he should be slowed down to something like Luigi, but if he stays that fast, then in my opinion he should be weaker, otherwise i think he's broken

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
He was only really cheap to begin with because of the Shine. The Shine was so fast that as long as you had fingers that could match it, you were invincible. Many characters could be waveshined off the edge to a shinespike, which is very unfair.
The ridiculously fast activation time made it very hard to sheildgrab Fox after an aerial, which was supposed to be a primary way of stopping aerial attackers.
The answer to making him not rigged was so simple, just make it impossible to jump cancel it! As long as the Fox player couldn't get rid of the Shine as fast as he activated it, he couldn't combo into the tiny amount of movement/stun it gave. I'm glad in this game, they got the shine under control. Fox can be what he supposed to be, a weak fast character that played EVENLY against slower, stronger characters.

Poutine

Smash Rookie
Ok, we all know he's been slowed down, but I got a question. Is he still considered "fast" (faster than average character)?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think fast and strong should go together, as far as moves go.. Since when has a fast punch hurt less than slow one... But slow should have the range! Thats how I see fox, fast, very bad range, but strong.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that Fox slowed down, the only problem I had with him is that he was WAY to fast, being slowed down is just the thing he needed!
I never found him powerful... or is that just me? oh well, I mean, I play as Link and Ness so I'm not sure... of course no one here has seen how I play so... but thats not saying I am an amazing player, I'm just saying I don't ever run into a problem with foxes power... but not that you mention it... if you look at the weak characters... Fox is pretty strong... have I been blind this whole time?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He is slower becuase Brawl is a slower game. He's still one of the fastest characters (only Sonic was faster in the demo, and Pikachu and Diddy Kong were a bit behind Fox in speed), but this time he's got power, without being cheap. He's still good-but not worthless. Quite jumping to conclusions like n00bs people. Everyone said he was still good, but not dominate. This is Brawl folks, not Melee 2.0. I can't say that enough, now can I=??? >_<

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Every god ****ed person on Brawl boards knows its not melee 2.0...

He brings a good point though, he may be slower, but in comparison he is still very fast..

Which is the way we have grown to know him, so thats a good thing.

Banned via Administration
I think fast and strong should go together, as far as moves go.. Since when has a fast punch hurt less than slow one... But slow should have the range! Thats how I see fox, fast, very bad range, but strong.
thats ********. its not a matter of how fast its how hard you hit. i can litely tap you super fast and you wouldnt feel a thing.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
it was more that he could drill shine repeatedly without the opponent being able to do anything at all
even on a casual level fox was still kind of broken. Though I'd say Falco and Sheik are worse. On a casual level Sheik is way overpowered.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
even on a casual level fox was still kind of broken. Though I'd say Falco and Sheik are worse. On a casual level Sheik is way overpowered.
Depends how casual you're talking, he's tricky to short hop and l cancel with. He had his up smash, but his u-air is hard to connect with for a casual player and his other smashes aren't that great, not to mention most casual players have trouble with his speed. He dies pretty darn quick too if you don't know how to di.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha a little slower is good. He used to run circles around me when my buddy played him against me.. Seemed way to quick.

-Onyx

Desruprot

Smash Lord
He will be more similar to the 64 version is my guess then, Fox was sped up in Melee, so in reality they have not really changed him...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Fox was top tier for a reason.

Honestly, if you could harness his speed, you could stomp all over all but the most veteran of players.

I have a friend from Canada who's the only player to ever truly rival me at SSBM. Now, I don't even consider myself a Fox player, but when I pulled out Fox on him, I was unstoppable because I knew the rhythm to Fox's moves.

I figured he'd be nerfed back to reasonability in Brawl, but I'm not going to cheer for balance until I see what the tiers look like after a year of people playing.

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
It's cool that sakurai is making the characters more equal and everything but using the excuse that this char has better moves than this char just seems lame to me.

There is always a way to beat someone, nobody is perfect, if you can't beat someone with any char it means you're not good enough.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
There is always a way to beat someone, nobody is perfect, if you can't beat someone with any char it means you're not good enough.
One exception with your absolutely brillant fact: when you say, "with any char" I hope you're excluding Pichu lol

and as a 2nd note, heck yeah, my best friend's fav. and best char is Fox, and she thinks she's tough sh--, well, you know. Now i play zelda, sheik, peach, and marth (seriously did not try to play all the 2nd highest tier excluding Zelda, in fact, i just saw the tiers recently), but whatever, i can beat her often now, anyway cuz' i found out her strategy (uair for the most part along with overshielding)...and i'm glad Fox has been nerfed.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
One exception with your absolutely brillant fact: when you say, "with any char" I hope you're excluding Pichu lol

and as a 2nd note, heck yeah, my best friend's fav. and best char is Fox, and she thinks she's tough sh--, well, you know. Now i play zelda, sheik, peach, and marth (seriously did not try to play all the 2nd highest tier excluding Zelda, in fact, i just saw the tiers recently), but whatever, i can beat her often now, anyway cuz' i found out her strategy (uair for the most part along with overshielding)...and i'm glad Fox has been nerfed.

Top Bottom