• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox - slowed down

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
man i agree with you all the way. fox was too broken. i'm glad he's been nerfed and slow down too. maybe this time all characters will be balanced and have an equal chance of winning. thank you sakurai! :]
lol, that's one of the most ignorant statements I've seen. Tiers will exist in brawl, and there are going to be some characters that dominate while others suck complete ***. Brawl will not be balanced, and I'm happy that it won't, because it brings variety to the game. Anybody who expects all of the characters to have an equal chance of winning is delusional. Basically the breakdown will be like this:

1. Common tourney characters that are seen in the masses, and dominate the tournament scene

2. Very good characters that can do well at tourneys, but are rarely seen in the finals.

3. Ok characters that might show up once in a while in tourneys, and even rarer is when one makes it far, but in general these are only used in casual play.

4. **** characters - pretty much useless unless a person is dedicated to that character and puts in tons of work just to make it competetive.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, It's unfair that Fox was nerfed. I liked to fight against the fastest person in Melee with Young link. But if Fox is slowed down and a bit stronger it's probably to compensate for the removal of Falco, Just like how Link was Sped up because there probably won't be a young Link. I main Young Link and Falco, so if they remove my best characters they're going to compensate by Averaging out the Clone from the Original.

That's the only Reason I haven't freaked.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
lol, that's one of the most ignorant statements I've seen. Tiers will exist in brawl, and there are going to be some characters that dominate while others suck complete ***. Brawl will not be balanced, and I'm happy that it won't, because it brings variety to the game. Anybody who expects all of the characters to have an equal chance of winning is delusional. Basically the breakdown will be like this:

1. Common tourney characters that are seen in the masses, and dominate the tournament scene

2. Very good characters that can do well at tourneys, but are rarely seen in the finals.

3. Ok characters that might show up once in a while in tourneys, and even rarer is when one makes it far, but in general these are only used in casual play.

4. **** characters - pretty much useless unless a person is dedicated to that character and puts in tons of work just to make it competetive.
Agreed, you can't perfectly balance 24+ characters. AND I think the characters that are hard to use should have the benefits of being better once you learn them (like fox, falco, falcon, and ice climbers).

Hyde

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a big fan of fox being Nerfed, all that they would have to do is mess with something in his shine. well thats what I believe. Like yea fox is fast and the drill shine combos are like down right fing amazing ^_^. But fox takes mad time to put together he isnt one that can be picked up in one night and turn around and go win a tourney with, those that are realy good with fox put in the time and effort. If they slow em down they gotta make him stronger thats all i gotta say ^_^. I hope he keeps his good combo ability going.

a good ganon can beat a fox, -.- mi buddie's ganon kicks mi tale all day long, mind games buddy mind games

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
In my opinion, It's unfair that Fox was nerfed. I liked to fight against the fastest person in Melee with Young link. But if Fox is slowed down and a bit stronger it's probably to compensate for the removal of Falco, Just like how Link was Sped up because there probably won't be a young Link. I main Young Link and Falco, so if they remove my best characters they're going to compensate by Averaging out the Clone from the Original.

That's the only Reason I haven't freaked.
Did you ever figure that they could possibly UNCLONE Falco?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus

Actually, it's not. While it may not be perfectly balanced, it will be far better than Melee. Melee was a horribly broken game, and Sakurai has learned from that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Wii games can be patched, so constant tweaks may be made to better achieve balance.

You would prefer that it not be completely balanced? Brings variety? What? Please tell me you're not serious, or are on drugs or something. So having half a dozen characters worth using creates more variety than having 30 characters that all all worth using? I fail to see the logic in that.....because there isn't any. A perfectly balanced game means that every character is equally useful, and considering they all have varied playstyles, it creates immense variety. Melee had little variety, because there were only a few characters even worth using, and a majority of the stages relied more on being able to survive the stage and less about your own skill. Items had the same effect. Smash at the casual level is a blast to play, and has a ton of variety, far more than at a competitive level. Sure, competitive play involves much more technique and skill, which add gameplay, but it lacks variety.

Don't be surprised if Brawl is fairly balanced. Some characters will be better than others, of course, but the gap between good and bad with be considerably smaller, and if Wii games can in fact be patched, don't be surprised to see updates that will make tweaks to the characters to help achieve better balance. This is good, because it means that the game will continually come closer to perfect balance, and people will constantly need to adjust to those changes. It will keep the game fresh.

Just think of some of the things that balance means. It means you can use a character that you like, instead of one that you only use because it's a good fighter. Myself for instance, I main Falco because I like his playstyle, and how easy it is to control a match with him, but I don't care for him as a character. I would much rather main Link for example, but he's just not that good, I don't want to have to put a ton of time into a character I don't really like using. Balance also means that when you main a character, you will have to learn how to counter EVERY other character. Playstyles will be incredibly varied. Now if characters are balanced within themselves (that is, there aren;t only certain moves that you center your game around), then playstyles will vary greatly among players, and create even more variety. Basically, balance does nothing but good. Next to the actual combat engine, balance is the most important part of any figher.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
he is ok how he was i just hope that he is a little stronger with his side and down attacks now

Top Bottom