• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's OOS options!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't know of any male swordsman in brawl outside of them then, since Marth is actually a female name, personally I thought she looks kinda hot in brawl, of course its weird because marth is a guy in Fire emblem but not in brawl, I never understood why........
Hmmm I'm scared to see what "girls" you think look good now, Marth is a man trust me, he just uses his sword for multiple purposes.

crifer

Smash Lord
All in all we can say that Fox OOS game (and therefore his punishing game) is quite awesome and lethal to his game.

Fair is character dependant but can deal a good amount of damage.
Nair is fast and counters a lot of stuff.
Usmash OOS and running via shield drop is a good counter move against some moves and deals good damage, too.

Jumping away is a safe and good strategy in order to to increase the space between yourself and your enemy.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
All in all we can say that Fox OOS game (and therefore his punishing game) is quite awesome and lethal to his game.

Fair is character dependant but can deal a good amount of damage.
Nair is fast and counters a lot of stuff.
Usmash OOS and running via shield drop is a good counter move against some moves and deals good damage, too.

Jumping away is a safe and good strategy in order to to increase the space between yourself and your enemy.
Actually I think around the 70's fair will start to fully combo instead of the opponent falling out like in earlier percentages this can put em in the air and open up usmash opportunities.

EDIT: auto canceled fair that is

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
i honestly only think OoS U-smash is good at low percents (when it's not expected) and high percents (when it's going to kill). At mid-percents, not only do you run the risk of it being stale when it matters, but you also help remind your opponent that, "Oh yeah, I should watch out for OoS U-smash, I'm going to play safer now."

At mid-percents I'd prefer OoS F-air and N-air in the situations where OoS U-smash could work. OoS full hopped N-air is also pretty safe.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not if you catch your opponet is options that can't avoid OoS Usmash.

Kirby thinks he is safe doing a falling bair but doesn't perfectly autocancel it. OoS Usmash no matter what.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
But then you do it, and Kirby stops doing falling B-airs which reduces your chances of killing.

So while you got a good short term punish, you staled it and gave it up where it really matters (not only is Kirby going to be aware of falling B-airs but his attacks on shield and spacing against you in general), when you could have gotten a still pretty decent punish (OoS aerial) and not given away your U-smash.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What you are doing is making them limit themselves to where you make them commit to something so you can kill them. Plus grah pummels and lasers refresh.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Commit to what? Safer options that are harder to punish and not punishable by OoS U-smash?

Using a kill move at mid-percents is never a good idea because while it CAN refresh it doesn't always, and you might have an opportunity to kill an opponent and then they don't die because of your staled kill move.

I'm just saying that especially when there are other options you can use to punish and not alert your opponent to be safer and make it harder for you to kill, you should use those options instead.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Commit to what? Safer options that are harder to punish and not punishable by OoS U-smash?

Using a kill move at mid-percents is never a good idea because while it CAN refresh it doesn't always, and you might have an opportunity to kill an opponent and then they don't die because of your staled kill move.

I'm just saying that especially when there are other options you can use to punish and not alert your opponent to be safer and make it harder for you to kill, you should use those options instead.
You know I use to say that same thing until I realized that someone like fox can get 9 hits easily especially when he is camping. But yea I say at mid-percents 40-70 use It only once then make sure you laser your butt off and pummel when ever you get a grab to have its fresh by the time they are in the 90's to 100's and up.

BTW if kriby is spamin dair, OOS dair air his a$$ back lol you will get much more damage out of the mix up it creates in the long run.

Top Bottom