• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data!

JCav

Smash Lord
ok so

i did a d smash hitting a shield and released shield as quickly as i could and there was 13 frames from the time the move hit to the time that the shield was released

is that what i should be doing?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'd place it next to the attacks, maybe put two sections for one where it hits and the other where it's shielded? Also, after the shield tests are completed, it would be great to have a list of the 'safest' moves to perform on a shield. And also, be sure to tell me when you find out about that claw thing, I'm very curious >.>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One thing, I'd like to note is, that there is a huge difference, if ftilt hits or misses. If it misses, the cooldown lag ismuch smaller...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
What about when you jump out of shield? Do you leave the ground as your shield drops or does your shield drop and then 6 frames later you jump... what? xD

JCav

Smash Lord
What about when you jump out of shield? Do you leave the ground as your shield drops or does your shield drop and then 6 frames later you jump... what? xD
you go straight from shield to jumping animation, so results are the same.

and sorry about the shieldstun data, im working on it now. ive just been busy but i expect to post today or tomorrow

JCav

Smash Lord
I'd place it next to the attacks, maybe put two sections for one where it hits and the other where it's shielded? Also, after the shield tests are completed, it would be great to have a list of the 'safest' moves to perform on a shield. And also, be sure to tell me when you find out about that claw thing, I'm very curious >.>
yeah the second hit of wolfs f tilt is disjointed

JCav

Smash Lord
alright shieldlag, there it is.

didnt take me nearly as long as i thought it would, sorry about how long it took

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sweet stuff, man. Now we can finally do comparisions and all that jazz!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Awesome. Simply awesome. We should make a list of the safest moves to use on shield.

And also, fox's shine comes out faster in the air, how about wolf's shine?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
...not much for now. If you don't mind, I'll keep posting Links to other chars frame data. Once they're completed too, you could add them in the OP for comparision...

JCav

Smash Lord
...not much for now. If you don't mind, I'll keep posting Links to other chars frame data. Once they're completed too, you could add them in the OP for comparision...
excellent idea. if theres a character that isnt done, i could do it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, I already posted some links all over this thread. Just copy them into the OP. Usually, I'm in almost every character board, so I can keep updating stuff, if you like

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If you can test this too, how long does it take for your shield to come up during a dash, and then shieldgrab? I'm just thinking that running shieldgrab would be better than dash grab, but I don't know much about which has better range. Just another thing to test.

And once again, thanks for the ftilt testing!

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
this is a worthy sticky, this is the type of info that belongs on smashboards imo

thank you so much for this, now we can all level up

JCav

Smash Lord
remember, you shield and it cancels the dash, shield goes up on frame 2 and for a dash canceled shield grab you grab on frame 7

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't the illusion have 3 cancel points? 1 - you just fall nearly on the spot, 2- you go about 1/2 way, 3- you go all the way but fall just before the sweetspot. (then there is normal, uncancelled. )

There are only 2 cancel point listed.

JCav

Smash Lord
i thought there was the short illusion, the long one, and the normal one

and gheb, ill put the other characters frame data in when you get all the characters

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There seems to be a minor difference in the distance Wolf slides between the 2nd and the 3rd cancel...

Top Bottom