• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll bring a Wii if I go...I would like to get some of the venue waived, because me so broke. ;_;

Dojo

Smash Champion
I know I usually don't play a ton of friendlies, but I'm going to play a ****load of friendlies here. I know alot of you ask and we never get to it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's because you're always too busy making money off of MMs.

No love for the poor.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol I generally don't play that many matches at all outside of tournament. On tournament day at least.

I'm usually hanging out with everybody or helping out with something or watching Cake or Tyson or somebody.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Dojo seems to enter be entering more and more Melee tournaments, but let's forget he's top in Texas and in the nation in Brawl, so considering he places in the money so much in Brawl I don't see why he wouldn't still play.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Melee is just like another side event to me. I'm still way too behind the curve to catch up to you guys. It's just really fun to me. I do miss all the speed. But I enter it alot. I'm on the fence about getting in this tourney. Although I'm sure I will.

I need to stay focused on Brawl though. It's where I've had my success and how I finance my trips. Lately I've been short on money (jacked up my ankle = no work + christmas time) so I need to go all out here. Gnes and Razer are catching up. I can't let that happen. ;)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
They call me girl, they call me Stacy, they call me her, they call me Jane. That's not my name, that's not my name, that's not my name, that's not my name.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
They call me quiet girl, but I'm a riot. Maybe Joliesa...Always the same. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my...name.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I ****ing hate the **** out of that song. They played it ALL THE D*** TIME back when I worked at Best Buy. That was over a year ago and I don't want to be reminded of it -.-

Dojo, I saw some vids of you playing Melee at Hobo. You're pretty good, dude. Definitely have a lot of potential.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I know the feeling, Zach. I still want to learn Brawl, despite that, so you could relearn Melee with a little practice, I'm sure. Then again... I don't want another Peach to have to deal with >.<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wanna play melee too, but it's just too hard switching between that and Brawl.
No it's not.

You just need to play Melee more.

I don't play either game, and I rarely have any issues switching back and forth between 64, Melee, and Brawl constantly throughout a period of time.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I find that one of the best things to do when switching between Brawl and Melee,

is to not play the same character in both games. That's pretty easy though, because only a handful of the returning cast members are actually good (Marth, Luigi, Kirby, Pikachu and Game and Watch).

That way you don't try to do Melee only or Brawl only techniques with that character.

Of course, my biggest challenging is not trying to wavedash in Brawl. Or dash dance. Or be able to stop my run by crouching. Or..... well you get the idea =P

Dojo

Smash Champion
Switching isn't too hard for me. Takes a few friendlies to get the feel into either game and I'm fine for the most part.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Same for me. The only thing I gotta relearn is to not double fair with marth when I go back to brawl.

Yea, HOBO is still stickied but it's not til febuary...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hylian! UTDZac! Sticky!

Just wait for the namesearching...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Makes me glad I play Jiggz and low tier **** in Melee, then low tier **** in Brawl.

Makes the switch easy since Jiggs and Sonic play so differently.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I've never done a MM in my Brawl-life... >_>' I don't like the idea of playing a set for money, really. We can play all you want though. I'm taking a laid back approach to the whole tournament thing now. :)

Also...Did you ever get your shoes back?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So I now own a Wii (Christmas present), which means I'll be toying around with custom textures, music, and other hacks for both Brawl and Melee.

Finals with new music and textures =p

Or at least on the livestream.

Dojo

Smash Champion
So I now own a Wii (Christmas present), which means I'll be toying around with custom textures, music, and other hacks for both Brawl and Melee.

Finals with new music and textures =p

Or at least on the livestream.
No... just put Bear's Wii on the main TV. It's perfect.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey Quincy, I ordered a MC Cthulu board, so hopefully before the tournament, I'll have it in and my stick will be dual modded.

And if I want to later, I can throw a Gamecube cord as well to play TvC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom