• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sorry Revised I've already agreed with SoS that he and I would team at this tournament :(.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Could you clarify, this rule a little further please.

"ALL Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes."

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I used to travel a lot, then I lost my job.

Oh well, it's been a while since I've enter a Brawl tournament, and this event sounds like it will be ******.

I'm in with full support :)

Hylian, when are you going to teach me Brawl? >=-o :p
> Implying that Brawl has a learning curve.

Oh, I did not just go there ;o

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Could you clarify, this rule a little further please.

"ALL Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes."
With all the million and one ways to stall in Brawl, I suppose this needs further definition.

But you can try to take the cheese out of the game, but you can't take the cheese out of the players.

I don't like putting in extra rules just because people cry foul over a tactic (especially those that loosely defined and/or a part of the core system), but I promise I will revise this.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
10hypes!

finally got some money for this! now if i can hold onto it for the next few weeks.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I used to travel a lot, then I lost my job.

Oh well, it's been a while since I've enter a Brawl tournament, and this event sounds like it will be ******.

I'm in with full support :)

> Implying that Brawl has a learning curve.

Oh, I did not just go there ;o
Zomg Pozer is alive. And everything has a learning curve. Especially Brawl when I play Melee hardcore.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Can doubles please not be a mere side event and have a real entry fee? If so, I will try to come if I can get a good partner.

DOUBLES IS NOT A SIDE EVENT.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I feel the same way about Melee doubles, but there aren't enough people who still play Melee to make it worth it. Part of me really wants to learn Brawl, and then I play it, and I start to hate it with a passion... it seems like it could be fun in theory, but idk. Melee is too good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, when are you going to teach me Brawl? >=-o :p
I forgot >_< lol. I will try to start teaching you before hobo22 :).
OK, well, Dphat can't come to this anymore, so I'm looking for an epic doubles partner. PM me if you're interested.
Team with meeeee. We always wreck in SA.
Up to this point I've traveled the most other than my ***** Van Jones and the face of Texas.
This is true.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I also vote $20 >_>.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Brawl teams officially moved to 20 dollars.

As for people asking about low tier events, we're in the process of determining our total equipment. I'm glad DuggFinn has been able to give us a big boost with 14 TVs, which I promise that most will be put towards Brawl (which need the CRTs the most).

Can people start posting what they can bring? (the non San Antonio people, I already know what to expect from them.)

At this point I've decided that you get 6 dollars off the door fee for either a wii/brawl or a TV, and completely waived if you bring both. BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

I'll probably have to make it to where only a full setup (tv+wii+brawl) warrants a waiving the venue fee.

Anyways, I promise if we can hit the appropriate amount of setups, we can add more events. I always like to play it safe because I unfortunately usually have had trouble with time issues. It's usually due to having less setups than a HOBO.

Remember, this is San Antonio, so I vote for RCRS because I thought were more fun to watch than regular Brawl singles :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
RCRS?

I already got the results:

1. K Prime
2. Hylian
3. The Rest of Texas

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'll bring Brawl again. Somebody bring an extra Wii so it's worth it, and I might throw in my Melee disk as well. ;)

And sadly, I think I'd do better in a RCRS tournament then a normal tournament as long as I didn't end up with ICs, Olimar, and Ganondorf everytime. I have tried to use basically every character after all. :laugh:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Please no low tier.. even though I'd still enter and **** low tier singles xD

I want to do random character, or secondaries.

Also, I need a partner for this.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hmmmm all i know is i have done Low Tier Singles ONE time my entire life. And that was at S.W.A.T.

I have been to my fair share of tournys too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom