• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund ARMADA TO MELEE-FC - Armada can't make it =(, refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Dammit now all we are going to do is wonder who would've won IF Armada had come
...Not really. I think it's pretty obvious that Armada would have won if he came.

I know people are bummed about this but I actually think it's a good thing. Now we're not sure who will win FC. Also enough time will pass by Apex2013 that it will seem plausible that Armada might lose. At the very least it will make Apex much more hype.

Mahie

Smash Lord
...Not really. I think it's pretty obvious that Armada would have won if he came.

I know people are bummed about this but I actually think it's a good thing. Now we're not sure who will win FC. Also enough time will pass by Apex2013 that it will seem plausible that Armada might lose. At the very least it will make Apex much more hype.
Such nonsense. After watching PP Armada @ SR you're not hungry for more? Sure the anticipation goes up, but another couple of sets like that would have been just fine, especially if you throw the rest of the American scene into the mix.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Such nonsense. After watching PP Armada @ SR you're not hungry for more? Sure the anticipation goes up, but another couple of sets like that would have been just fine, especially if you throw the rest of the American scene into the mix.
No, not right now. If they play again Armada is just beat him then I'm sure Armada is just going to beat him, just like I was sure he was going to beat him before SR. At least waiting until Apex gives us sometime to doubt that Armada will win everything again.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
more experience against armada should be something any of the top players here should look forward too

anyway, regardless of whether theyll win or not,
matches between us top players and armada tend to be incredible (hbox aside, anyway) and a treat to watch at any big tournament

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Aww Armada. It would've been nice to watch you on stream, but if you have bigger things to tend to, then it's perfectly alright. There's always Apex 2013.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Next time armada. I will refund everyone soon. Something funky was going on with the Paypal earlier where I reached a sending / receiving limit. itll be fine tho. You will all receive your donations back once thats clear. I just verified my other Paypal :phone:

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
No, not right now. If they play again Armada is just beat him then I'm sure Armada is just going to beat him, just like I was sure he was going to beat him before SR. At least waiting until Apex gives us sometime to doubt that Armada will win everything again.
It's not like Armada just runs a cocktrain on all of the best players here, they always give him great sets. There is no way you could guarantee he would take 1st again.

Who knows, maybe PP learned a lot at SR and is ready for revenge. Maybe Mango would just do his thing and play out of his mind to pull an upset. Maybe M2K finds a usable controller and goes full robot-mode. Too many immeasurables to say Armada would just come and easily win.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
more experience against armada should be something any of the top players here should look forward too

anyway, regardless of whether theyll win or not,
matches between us top players and armada tend to be incredible (hbox aside, anyway) and a treat to watch at any big tournament
The matches are fun to watch I guess. I never denied that. I'm just saying the hype isn't what it should be, because we're all so sure(the reasonable of us at least) that Armada will win. Hence Armada not coming to FC will make Apex way more hype.

It's not like Armada just runs a cocktrain on all of the best players here, they always give him great sets. There is no way you could guarantee he would take 1st again.

Who knows, maybe PP learned a lot at SR and is ready for revenge. Maybe Mango would just do his thing and play out of his mind to pull an upset. Maybe M2K finds a usable controller and goes full robot-mode. Too many immeasurables to say Armada would just come and easily win.
We must be watching different tournaments. Armada 3-0'd manga and 3-1'd DrPP at Apex. If that's not a cocktrain then I don't know what is.

And I'll preemptly say that people latching on to hope because Hbox and DrPP have taken set from his just dumb. Notice how in both tournaments he defeated both opponents in a clean sweep in sets right before/after the set he lost?(He proceeded to 3-0 Hbox, and just before, he 4-0'd DrPP). When he is actually trying, the top player can't even take a match off him.

Edit: Kage you are dumb. Everyone knows you are dumb. Just shut up already.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"When he is trying"

Dude. Armada doesn't sandbag. Furthermore, their games at SR, Mango's/Hbox's/PP's games at Apex 2012....they were all extremely close games (despite some **** at SR, lol).

I mean, it's just opinion, so no one is "wrong," but to say that Armada has it handily in the bag kind of undermines the other players. At the very least, Peepee has shown himself to be able to take multiple games off of him very recently.

Strife 3.0?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
"When he is trying"

Dude. Armada doesn't sandbag. Furthermore, their games at SR, Mango's/Hbox's/PP's games at Apex 2012....they were all extremely close games (despite some **** at SR, lol).

I mean, it's just opinion, so no one is "wrong," but to say that Armada has it handily in the bag kind of undermines the other players. At the very least, Peepee has shown himself to be able to take multiple games off of him very recently.

Strife 3.0?
How would you know if he sandbags or not? I don't know how people can watch him 3-0/4-0 someone, and then lose a set and believe he isn't sandbagging it's just silly.

And I'm not trying undermine the players, they still among the best in the world, but Armada is simply a lot better than they are.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
How would you know if he sandbags or not? I don't know how people can watch him 3-0/4-0 someone, and then lose a set and believe he isn't sandbagging it's just silly.
by watching the matches...

have you even done that? how bout you reference where exactly armada "sandbagged" in the set and we'll be more inclined to believe what you say.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Why isn't this fund diverted to bringing JAVI TO MELEE-FC ?.....

The guy would shake things up again, and he is humble enough to deserve such a fund, and he's already invested into travelling to US.

Plus it should be cheaper from Mexico rather than from Europe?

Ofcourse somebody needs to check that he would be willing to come.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Surely everyone who donated to Armada wants to donate to Javi.
Both because everyone who wants Armada there wants Javi there, and if they expect Armada to win and pay them back, of course Javi has an equal or better chance of winning and paying them back.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Why isn't this fund diverted to bringing JAVI TO MELEE-FC ?.....

The guy would shake things up again, and he is humble enough to deserve such a fund, and he's already invested into travelling to US.

Plus it should be cheaper from Mexico rather than from Europe?

Ofcourse somebody needs to check that he would be willing to come.
I imagine it's probably a bit too late for that. I doubt Javi would be able to make a ll the necessary preparations too attend F-C on such short notice. And then there is the problem of confirming from everyone who donated if they're ok with their money going towards Javi instead, with a very little amount of time to do so.

But I agree it would be nice for Javi to be there.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Armada would prolly make enough to give us our money back

I'm of the opinion that javi wouldn't

Warhawk

Smash Lord
And I'll preemptly say that people latching on to hope because Hbox and DrPP have taken set from his just dumb. Notice how in both tournaments he defeated both opponents in a clean sweep in sets right before/after the set he lost?(He proceeded to 3-0 Hbox, and just before, he 4-0'd DrPP). When he is actually trying, the top player can't even take a match off him.

Edit: Kage you are dumb. Everyone knows you are dumb. Just shut up already.
By your logic Mango sandbagged PP at Impulse. Players don't always play their best at every game, especially late in tournament when the pressure's on. Also players get hot and cold sometimes, even top players. I think its ridiculous to suggest that Armada would purposely drop sets to Hungrybox and PP. I think you look too much at the results as opposed to actually analyzing the matches. If Armada went like Marth or something in a match then yea, he's probably sandbagging but that's not the case and I really don't believe Armada would intentionally ever drop a tournament set.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's really really obvious to everyone that armada didn't sandbag. The fact that you guys are seriously responding to this guy is a little annoying.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
By your logic Mango sandbagged PP at Impulse. Players don't always play their best at every game, especially late in tournament when the pressure's on. Also players get hot and cold sometimes, even top players. I think its ridiculous to suggest that Armada would purposely drop sets to Hungrybox and PP. I think you look too much at the results as opposed to actually analyzing the matches. If Armada went like Marth or something in a match then yea, he's probably sandbagging but that's not the case and I really don't believe Armada would intentionally ever drop a tournament set.
And what are you saying, that someone is only sandbagging if they don't use their main character? Also there is a very big difference between Mango vs PP at Impulse and Armada vs Hbox and PP at Apex/Smashers reunion. The difference being that Armada was never in danger of losing the tournament. PP was a stock away from taking Impulse from Mango. On the other hand Armada's opponents never even made it tournament point. He was in control the entire time and it shows.

Also for those of you saying that Armada doesn't sandbag, you clearly don't enough about his History. I think it was a ESA3 or some other tournament. Where Armada was up three games against Zgetto, and then dropped 4 matches in a row so he could go play in Amsah(the European champion) losers finals. After which he proceeded to 8-0 Zgetto in GFs. Are you guys really stupid enough to say he still wasn't sandbagging?

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Vast oversimplification of what I was saying. I was saying that if he went Marth then it'd be pretty obvious he was probably sandbagging, not that he couldn't besides that. Also no offense intended to Zgetto, but PP and Hungrybox are a lot more dangerous people to just give free sets away to than Zgetto (although I guess I am wrong about him ever intentionally dropping tournament sets). I also really don't see how being a stock away from winning makes the difference whether they were sandbagging or not when you could argue the games could have been close because he was sandbagging, I mean he still got 3-0'd afterward and I mean as you said that can't just happen without reason right? I'm just saying its probably more likely in all of these scenarios that PP and Hungrybox played worse or better during various times in their sets with Armada and during times Armada played worse or better. It happens, momentum is a part of the game. Just watch Genesis 1.

And before someone says it, I don't think Mango sandbagged at Impulse.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
And what are you saying, that someone is only sandbagging if they don't use their main character? Also there is a very big difference between Mango vs PP at Impulse and Armada vs Hbox and PP at Apex/Smashers reunion. The difference being that Armada was never in danger of losing the tournament. PP was a stock away from taking Impulse from Mango. On the other hand Armada's opponents never even made it tournament point. He was in control the entire time and it shows.

Also for those of you saying that Armada doesn't sandbag, you clearly don't enough about his History. I think it was a ESA3 or some other tournament. Where Armada was up three games against Zgetto, and then dropped 4 matches in a row so he could go play in Amsah(the European champion) losers finals. After which he proceeded to 8-0 Zgetto in GFs. Are you guys really stupid enough to say he still wasn't sandbagging?
I love Armada as much as the next guy, but holy **** I haven't seen ****riding like this in a while.

Assuming you're serious and not trolling us Flopmericans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom