• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

Mahie

Smash Lord
Paris is bigger of course with more to do and see, especially compared to Gothenburg =).
But flight prices aren't that much dependent on geographical distance. As far as smash activity goes, I have no idea, maybe that's what you mean by "center". But if you fly there, Gothenburg is actually easier and cheaper to get to and navigate in. Plus nobody in France speaks a language you understand...
Anyway, Paris is likely to get a lot more "noobs" attending, increasing the price pot. Let's just see what happens =).
I meant in the center geographically, I didn't take travelling means into account.

The language barrier is just a good reason to learn a few words in another tongue, instead of just using English, imo.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I meant in the center geographically, I didn't take travelling means into account.

The language barrier is just a good reason to learn a few words in another tongue, instead of just using English, imo.
I agree. I'd love to see more foreign smashers speak Norwegian!

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I'd love to see more foreign smashers speak Norwegian!
The thing is, all my friends who travelled to Scandinavia told me everybody over there speaks a pretty good english.

On the opposite, I have to agree with AJP (even though it hurts my chauvinism), if you're a foreigner and you want to travel to France, you'd better prepare yourself...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Paris has it's pros because of it's close proximity to Germany and England. Most French smashers speak good English so they could help foreigners but what I think is most important is getting mango and armada together at a place with a stream.

:phone:

Armada

Smash Lord
Talked with Tero and it seems like maybe another tournament will be hold in Germnay with space for 150-200 people.

That German tournament
Beast 3
Tournmanent in France?

2013 has the possibillity to be the best year in the history for the European smash community =)

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Smash Royale got canceled ´cause we German smashers are a bunch of lazy ******s.

Any*****, as a compensation there might be an even bigger tournament @ Dortmund in spring ´13. There MIGHT be. Right now we´re planning a "Pre-SF" to test out the venue etc. if everything will be cool you guys should get ready for some German beeeeeeeeer. ;)

Kinda hyped for 2013 now.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm hosting a tournament in June, KFC3. Don't know when Mango is planning to come but if he's coming during the summer, would be awesome to have him there.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I was in Vendee in France in August and someone actually got angry at me for speaking english! lol

I do speak french, but I mean, she doesn't know that for sure. It was kind of strange.

As long as someone can translate for people though, it shouldn't be a big issue.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I was in Vendee in France in August and someone actually got angry at me for speaking english! lol

I do speak french, but I mean, she doesn't know that for sure. It was kind of strange.

As long as someone can translate for people though, it shouldn't be a big issue.
Some people are *******, and they're everywhere. But be sure that if you speak English, the worse reaction you can get from a French smasher is a confused look.
Other than that, it can range from an almost perfect English to an hilarious situation like that.

abcool

Smash Ace
Some people are *******, and they're everywhere. But be sure that if you speak English, the worse reaction you can get from a French smasher is a confused look.
Other than that, it can range from an almost perfect English to an hillarious situation like that.
LMFAOOOOO!!! Dude that **** was hella funny. I seriously couldn't breathe there for a sec. Idk, what made me go off like that. Might have been the reaction in his voice or the share embarrasment of not knowing english.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman

I'm from Vendée myself, I have spent some holidays on the coast (west coast rep), and a lot of foreigners I've met told me that even waiters/waitresses in the restaurants couldn't say a freaking word of english (good thing is you dont have to let them a tip haha). I had never heard of people getting angry though, that's kind of embarassing.

Also, say it next time you're coming to Vendée, we have a very active Smash scene. Like, there are my brother, a friend, and myself playing Melee at least once every two weeks, this is serious business.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I'm from Vendée myself, I have spent some holidays on the coast (west coast rep), and a lot of foreigners I've met told me that even waiters/waitresses in the restaurants couldn't say a freaking word of english (good thing is you dont have to let them a tip haha). I had never heard of people getting angry though, that's kind of embarassing.

Also, say it next time you're coming to Vendée, we have a very active Smash scene. Like, there are my brother, a friend, and myself playing Melee at least once every two weeks, this is serious business.
Sounds good, I'll be sure to let you know next time I'm there. I was at the cousinade porteau clautour - record mondial
http://www.cheneau-jean-michel.com/
around 5,000 cousins for a family reunion!

The beaches on the west coast of Vendée were amazing by the way. 10/10.

I think as long as someone puts in an effort to at least say Bonjour in Paris the people will try to help you out. Most of Europe seems to have a decent English though. (enough to understand you a little bit)

I should go to Europe again next summer.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
when you say he should pay his own way you're effectively implying people shouldn't assist him

edit: so while you didn't say they couldn't do they want, the point is that you're essentially saying donating is an error which is not really your call

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Nation... ROFL

but cereal i think im going to that beast tourney instead

And i think im going to have a little more cash then i expected so

the 400 is already good

600 would be super good ~

but yeah

thanks to everyone whos donated so far =]

poega

Smash Apprentice
So is the donation thing still on? Is this changed to "Help mango to BEAST?". If mango still wants to go to Europe using this money Ill donate.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thread updated, Mang0 will be sent to BEAST 3 tournament hosted in Gotheburg Sweden in April 2013! Read the OP for details.

Also I received a recent donation of 50$ dollars for this cause, if you want your name published please PM me or post in this thread, and thank you for the donation! =)

E:

Thanks to Poega for a recent donation!

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Thread updated, Mang0 will be sent to BEAST 3 tournament hosted in Gotheburg Sweden in April 2013! Read the OP for details.

Also I received a recent donation of 50$ dollars for this cause, if you want your name published please PM me or post in this thread, and thank you for the donation! =)

E:

Thanks to Poega for a recent donation!
was me, forgot to put my tag in

Top Bottom