• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-Kon III & Road Runner Gaming Expo - ***CANCELLED*** :( :(

Dojo

Smash Champion
So once you pre-register and get your ticket the entry fee is $25 by showing up with it?

And I'm also curious to which days brawl singles and doubles is on.

Chwdr

Smash Rookie
will this be during Thanksgiving?

and what time will be good to show up?
@O.T.L: No, it will not be during Thanksgiving. This year, Thanksgiving falls on the 27th, which is a Thursday.

As for what the best time to show up would be, refer to this schedule.

What day will brawl be on?
So once you pre-register and get your ticket the entry fee is $25 by showing up with it?

And I'm also curious to which days brawl singles and doubles is on.
@Dojo.: I'm pretty sure the $25 pre-registration means that once you purchase your ticket online, or pay for it in advance via money order, your gamer tag is reserved and the fee is eliminated upon showing your receipt at the on site registration. Just my thoughts, might want to check with someone else though.

@Sinz and Dojo.: Here's a link to the schedule for Brawls Singles and Doubles, a long with the rest of the premium tournaments being held on the weekend of Nov. 14 - 16. :)

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
o_o... I like being unique, and this color blend is just completely sexy xD!

And yes! it'll be nice to see a different group play some brawl and melee. This will be fun.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If you come I will MM you :).

You took me out of my first big melee tournament dsf. (3GCI TGA) Wayyyyy back when. Would be cool to see you again :).

You know...NM might try to come to this. Your prices are pretty ridiculously high though. The pre-register ones aren't so bad, but...well, they're still pretty dang high. We've got 2 months, we'll see. Don't count on us being there though. Definitely don't.

xxxn00b4lyf3817xxx

Smash Cadet
Just incase this hasn't been cleared up, wii controllers are ALLOWED for this event. I emailed matt from texas gamers and he said hes changing the ruling at the moment and they will be allowed. You are also allowed to change the controller setups on the brawl controller options.

No it should be fine, I'm going to change that rules. .

Thanks,
Matt

fernandomayorga@tx.rr.com wrote:
> Hello im writing to ask about the brawl ruling on controllers at the G-Kon 3
brawl tournament. Are we allowed to use Wii controllers or are they banned due
to the fact that their wireless? Also are we allowed to change the controller
button setup for the singles tournament on a wii control? Thank you for your
time that's all.
>
>
>

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
Just incase this hasn't been cleared up, wii controllers are ALLOWED for this event. I emailed matt from texas gamers and he said hes changing the ruling at the moment and they will be allowed. You are also allowed to change the controller setups on the brawl controller options.

No it should be fine, I'm going to change that rules. .

Thanks,
Matt

fernandomayorga@tx.rr.com wrote:
> Hello im writing to ask about the brawl ruling on controllers at the G-Kon 3
brawl tournament. Are we allowed to use Wii controllers or are they banned due
to the fact that their wireless? Also are we allowed to change the controller
button setup for the singles tournament on a wii control? Thank you for your
time that's all.
>
>
>
Oh my god! Thank you very much there matt, Also kinda wanna do melee too, but i would need alot of training.. Hmmm

forkgirl

Smash Lord
i know you say prizes depend on attendance, but my attendance (and I'm sure other peoples') depend on the prizes. I know you can't give an exact amount yet, but can you tell us what percent of the pot the winner of each event will get?? or an estimate (if 20 people enter melee, prize is _______, if 50 people enter...) i dunno give us SOME info on prize layout?? (specifically for melee singles and doubles...we all know brawl will be huge)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I also want to attend this. And I know a bunch of people who might drive up for the event.

I mostly want to get to know the community and see how I stack up. =P

EDIT: Wait, it looks like all four smash tournaments are taking place at the same time! (Saturday 10am)
We have to pick one?! =\

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
****, i would cream myself if you guys moved this to the week of thanksgiving break. a lot more people could make it then.....

Jesi

Smash Ace
I think I might try and make this if I'm not to busy with school. I just moved to Plano from KC, name's Jesi. :)

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jesi you live in the same town as me now :).

...Do you even remember me lol?

I kinda want to get back into smash stuff and I kinda don't... dunno if I'll have made my mind up by this or not...

Jesi

Smash Ace
I do, one of the reasons I clicked on the thread today was cause I recognized your name. Yeah, I don't even know if I'll even have that much time to work on my game much in the upcoming months. The grad school I'm going to is intense! But if you ever want to practice some melee, or you know, play a few games of brawl (<3 melee) just message me on aim or something. :D

Peace!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Me and my roommate started doing set practice today on Brawl.
I don't see a level titled "Great Sea." We're just guessing that the level is supposed to be
"Pirate Ship," but if someone in charge could clarify this, I would appreciate it.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Who wants to team with me in Melee? Drew, if you go I'll team with you. If you practice beforehand...

It seems txgamers hasn't logged on in a month...

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who wants to team with me in Melee? Drew, if you go I'll team with you. If you practice beforehand...
Last time you said you'd team with me you dumped me at the last second.

Don't think I've forgotten. MY FEELINGS STILL HURT!!! :( :(

jk I don't have feelings ;)

And I guess I'll try to get ahold of Mr. Texasgamers.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
dear lord, i may have to go to this event!!! God forbid i be the only one from Corpus going. Ill rage like no other if that happens. :mad:

Top Bottom