• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
you just mad trollleddd me, i thought that was a newer post then i read the thread and was like LOL

LTEC 3 I'm DOWN!!! then matt you broke my heart and now i may have to cry

Linguini

Smash Master
Mo we SHOULD plan a tourney for like late january/early feb. either at the church or the other large venue.

Gonna make gville PAHPINNNN!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Linguini I'm thinking we should definitely plan one.

February 5th is 3 weeks after NOOB 3 and 2 weeks before Pound 5. The only other tournament scheduled for around that time is the regional sized Viridian City 9 in NJ.

I'll go ahead and make a thread later today for it. We can iron out the details later.

Also, real quick: Melee only or Melee/Brawl?

I think making it for both would be nice because it would definitely bring more people together but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Dennis we decided to wait til you can play. When is the last final of yours, and everyone else? Maybe next friday?
My last final is the 16th, leaving the next day (Friday).

The exams for UF run from this Saturday through next Friday. And most of us want to be gone by next Friday. If the Jville crew is able to come down during the week, then that's a possibility.

Or maybe even like this Saturday after Dennis becomes available. If Dennis is down, I think Saturday is the best bet.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
I guess so Matt. This will be awesome.
But way2go Dennis for being like "yea i know you're all waiting on me so im done with exams on the 13th---and then IM OUTTA HERE! "

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I guess so Matt. This will be awesome.
But way2go Dennis for being like "yea i know you're all waiting on me so im done with exams on the 13th---and then IM OUTTA HERE! "
That would be like your only post in this thread you damn troll, lol. My boy Dennis says he's gonna ace his exams and that's more important than any melee event. Although, I really want the tournament to happen too.

But it's no pressure Dennis. Good luck with all your exams.

Oh yea, I think WATO was gonna happen this Saturday and I think Jav was gonna drive me down there?!? But if Dennis can host the Gainesville tournament on the same day as WATO, I'll cancel WATO to stay for the G'ville tournament.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah Linguini I'm thinking we should definitely plan one.

February 5th is 3 weeks after NOOB 3 and 2 weeks before Pound 5. The only other tournament scheduled for around that time is the regional sized Viridian City 9 in NJ.

I'll go ahead and make a thread later today for it. We can iron out the details later.

Also, real quick: Melee only or Melee/Brawl?

I think making it for both would be nice because it would definitely bring more people together but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

wait...so moses. isnt mo? lollllll

either way good looks on the thread. Just put my name/yours presents: RAGE in the title.

As for the tourney this weekend i'm down. I have a test saturday afternoon but i'd be down to play friday or sat after the test.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I am too Pat. I was wondering if others were seeing it. I'll take it to the staffer shack/dev depot.

Also I think that if you switch off revolution skin it stops asking you. Haven't really tested that theory rigorously yet.

EDIT: Reports are that it's been fixed, and I'm not seeing it anymore.

Renth

Smash Hero
Your Friends(All-Time)
High Score records for your friends
1 Adam Ayonmike 1070 pts

You guys remember adam? one of the dutch who went to pound 4 i think he's got you guys beat at snake a little hard.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yall suck at snake, I got 2400 on my 3rd try lol

I was about to post the melee article here but josh beat me to it. Its an interesting read, didn't know that much time was put into the game but then again seeing how deep the game play is, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't really understand though why another game with such depth can't be made again though. The first 3-4 years nobody knew of the technical aspects of the game for the most part so it was balanced somewhat in the beginning and later on people improved. I think with any game though this is to be expected, it even happens in brawl now though the parallel gap isn't as big. It seems like the creator would rather just put less effort into the game for the same or more likely greater profits.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I think he really wants the games to be revolutionary and legendary, smash was a revolutionary flagship fighter. 40 hours of work without sleep is intense and I wish I could have been there for like...their fighting game theory meetings and character designs to fit. I was kind of sad that a secret technical aspect probably won't be in the 4th, but then Ricky and Emilio knocked on my door. It's been 10 years for melee and community is so **** and tournies **** grand finals **** and my roy raaaapes.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Its great that people like you can still enjoy the game after all these years and still play it continuously.

For people like me though, I've always been more successful at brawl than melee even though in all I did like melee more. I put a lot more time into melee than I did brawl and it sure was very fun along the way. Practicing how to wave-shine with fox into up-smash across the stage or set up ken combos continuously were some of my highlight memories that I enjoyed. Practicing for hours and hours to get these techniques down imo is what made the game so great, the challenge in itself to get good and then be able to beat others afterwards.

I still love melee as a game in general but its been almost 10 years and all the combos created in recent gameplay just feels like deja vu from the past. Nothing is quite as exciting to me anymore in the game and everything just seems to be repeated and repeated without much new techniques. I've played this game since 04-05 (cant remember which year) and while the game has its depth it is just too old for me really. But I have to admit, relearning my strong points in melee was one of the better experiences in smash when I smashed with you and VGAmasta that whole day.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Well, OBVIOUSLY you guys know there are mods for HoN. There are also downloadable "skins" to change the model of particular heroes. Today, I downloaded a skin for Forksaken Archer which turns her into Sylvanas from Warcraft. Needless to say, she da bess. Everything that was once green is now magenta, i.e. her arrows skeletons and abilities. It's SICK.

[/img]

So now my FA looks like dis: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/fanart/?search=huji#1

Surprisingly easy to do, also.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty kids. I just played with the new crop of Melee players. They live in a building 30 feet away from mine. Ballin'.

Also, if you haven't already gone and checked it out:

The bees kness.

Go forth and create HYPE!

Also, I'm creating a hype video for RAGE.

Please link me to clips of you guys' **** *** combos so I can attract mad peeps.

Top Bottom