• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
No it wasn't necessary. But I don't have to explain myself to some random like you. Who's Rockcrock?

Just cause we're in a social forum doesn't mean alllll global rules don't apply. Do you not incompletely misunderstand what I'm not talking about?

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
The following was narrated by rockcrock when he was training smashmac:

Pills are there to take away movement options, or provoke them to engage. If they stand there jabbing them, then they're still at more risk relative to you. It's not a matter of trying to trick them into getting hit, but putting them in a small dilemma of getting hit by pill (which you assume good players wont when you throw pills) engaging, or giving you stage. Accumulations of these small dynamic advantages in the approaching game (getting more stage, bottle-necking their movements) are what give you static material advantages (percents, stocks), not trying to build up consecutive lucky hits based on coin-flips.
(we assume engaging puts you at risk, since we know the "ganon ball" is invincible)

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
So I guess it was sort of understood that we are going over to Dennis' place at 530... But I doubt ppl will be there 'til at least 6.

Thomas: check you pm's =D

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I saw that Mike_G posted here and the first thing I thought was "WHAT DID WE DO WRONG!?!?"

But it's all good. Mike_G throwin' mad mindgames at me.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Yo Oscar. Sorry I missed your call. I was really busy this past week with exams. i just got back home to Panama City yesterday though for break. How long will you be in Gainesville? I come back Monday, January 3rd. If you're still here maybe we could play!

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
So... President's day is Pound V weekend (Monday the 21st). Plank does a great job coordinating the Pound series with the holidays, but UF doesn't believe in presidents. I thought i'd just comment on that.

EDIT: also... I played PP at Tipped Off. I think he 7 stocked me, maybe it was 8. I can't remember. It was fun =_=

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
blindghost i hope you make it to pound!!!

i remember you from the past few ones...i want everyone ive met to be here again!!!

my last tourney, i want everyone to go out with a bang!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm so ready for Pound! I've only missed one, and I am NOT missing Plank's last one. Pound is my favorite OoS tourney series.

Renth

Smash Hero
Pound 5

I was wondering, if you guys were going and your housing arrangements. I was planning on traveling there with The Cape but I don't have anywhere to stay, if you have extra room in a hotel or housing somewhere that I could get in on let me know.

Thank you.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm not even sure how many of us exactly are going so far. AT LEAST Josh, Dennis, Stephen, Patrick, Emilio and I are going. That's 6, so we'd need 2 rooms. I don't know if Gabe is going and we haven't coordinated w/ the Orlando people yet. I'll let you know as things progress.

Also: dad's timeshare is a Wyndham and this hotel is a Hyatt, so we can't stay at the venue for free. If there's a Wyndham nearby, though, that'd be sweet.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice

As you can see, the nearest Wyndham is ~3.5 miles from the venue. Knowing this, we can figure out if/how we can get from A to B =P.

Walking would take 65 mins. =/

EDIT: On another note, I believe I'm teaming with thesage.

Top Bottom