• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
So steven and I lost like i'd say 10 games in a row last night. my mmr went from 1698 to 1600 flat. Now back up to 1660!

Sm1rn0ff

Smash Rookie
Yo I live in gainesville just randomly found this thread - yall play a lot of HoN? me and my friends play it'd be cool to get some IH's going etc.

Catch me in the ch annel "Clan GainesVegas" or PM me at "Sm1rn0ff"

Renth

Smash Hero
Gainesville HoN players. I request you critque a current match of mine:

Match ID: 50004928. I was the pink player with a group of complete strangers. I decided to take a crack at the leadership role and it was going quite well. I also never play chipper that might have been the 10th time total. Either way.. if you have time i'm looking for advise when in the leadership position and general chipper knowledge.

hopefully the video will show up on the forums i was trying to find a direct link to the download :\ either way i downloaded it on my computer for at least Timat to see.

edit: it also didn't help our glacius tried to go carry glacius and stole one of the three tokens of life -.-

edit edit:

Actually if you guys can't get a hold of it and are interested in it which i hope you are, I have it so give me your e-mail and i can deliver.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/Renth/untitled-7.jpg

it's hard to see in this picture cause i suck at paint I guess but a chronos was going 0-6 and I had 6 kills all of which were him and he whispered go **** yourself to me (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23SH38P_t8&feature=related

edit:

I can make HoN videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGy7OjCHloI

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Nice play Mark. Lets take it to the next level.

1. Make your cast sequence faster. As soon as the spell effect launches/releases, you can eliminate the backswing by issuing another order (be it cast, attack, or movement order). If you eliminate the backswing well, casting morph and wards can be done in under half a second.
If you're superpro and pitted against multiple heroes, you can realistically cast all of your spells in under a second.
Most items dont have any cast animation or backswing

2. Morph is not a brief disable, it lasts a while. Take your time when comboing, try to avoid overlapping morph and tongue.

3. An optimized combo would probably look like:
Morph > Wards > Jolt > autos > tongue > autos > dead

Sidenote. Rule of cooldowns: When engaging in an extended battle, use spells in order of cooldown length, from shortest cooldown to longest cooldowns. This allows you to maximize your casts per time.

ggggggggggggg

Edit:

Renth

Smash Hero
come play me.
going camping this weekend buddy, got company coming later today (thursday) 814 242 6720 hit me up when you can.

edit:

I don't have a car of my own to drive down here so if one night you offer to house me up i'll chill for a night.

Renth

Smash Hero
Emillio/anyone else who is in gainesville right now give me your #.

Also, someone needs to lend me a controller. I do not have one

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Except I always find Josh's energy makes even DUMB videos funny. If he thinks it's funny, he'll often convince you it's funny, if only w/ his laughter.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
OMG I AM EXCITE. For real though, I've been looking forward to seeing you guys all summer. Also I haven't played smash in like, a month, so I kinda wanna do that again >.<

VGmasta

Smash Lord
All Mark Renth does, is practice glitches, lol.

Smashbeque this weekend hollaaaa
I don't remember if it was you or Josh who paid for a bunch of the food for last year's smashbeque. I was just wondering, did we ever paid which ever one of you it was back?

OMG I AM EXCITE. For real though, I've been looking forward to seeing you guys all summer. Also I haven't played smash in like, a month, so I kinda wanna do that again >.<
Get ready to rock!

Renth

Smash Hero
All Mark Renth does, is practice glitches, lol.

I don't remember if it was you or Josh who paid for a bunch of the food for last year's smashbeque. I was just wondering, did we ever paid which ever one of you it was back?

Get ready to rock!
(: You should feel honored I showed you two glitches I haven't shared with the community yet (lack of recording equipment)

Renth

Smash Hero
‎... to all you HoN freaks out there I just played a game with a guy that's on team DWi. match ID: 52704963

If you don't know who jaH' is you don't watch Honcast.

Renth

Smash Hero
got my 1700 back, figured i'd roll another game got a ChAmPioN of Newerth with martyr? xD but we lost so back to 1698

edit: sick bowser video.

Renth

Smash Hero
Mark you should come over tomorrow.
I would love to, if for not I have no idea how I could get out there the car is getting fixed today brakes are shot and mia has work through the day and when she gets home she's not going to want to go back out.

You know my # if you want to try to work something out

RockCrock

Smash Champion
After one of last night's games, I decided to do some research on creeps denies.

First, to reach level 2, you must gain 200 experience. To reach level 3, you must gaint an additional 300 experience (total 500). Reaching level 4 is another 400 ontop of that (900 total experience to reach level 4) and so on and so forth.

Next, melee creeps give 62 xp, and ranged creeps give 41 xp. When a creep gets denied, those xp values are reduced by a percent. The reduction percent is based on whether your hero is ranged or melee. Ranged heroes suffer a larger xp penalty (66% penalty) than melee heroes (33% penalty). If Fayde denies a melee creep from Puppet Master, puppet receives 62xp minus the 66% penalty = 20 xp. But if Puppet denies a melee from Fayde, fayde receives 62 minus the 33% penalty = 42 xp. This difference is in place to balance the harass advantage that Ranged have over Melee heroes.

OK, so lets try and figure out how many denies I need to gain a level advantage over my opponent. Let's say I'm solo mid as Tundra, and I wanna hit 6 before my opponent, Fayde. Well, truthfully, it only takes 1 deny to reach level 6 before Fayde. But thats hardly enough time to appropriately seize my advantage. How big of a window do I need to kill her before she hits 6? How about a whole creep wave worth of time, thats 30 seconds. That a pretty good chunk of time to initiate on Fayde. OK, so Creeps spawn every 30 seconds right? So in other words, how many denies do I need to gain a full 30 second xp adv over Fayde?

We can assume that every wave has 4 melee and 1 ranged creeps, thats 62x4 + 42x1 = 289 xp per wave. So in order to have a 30 second advantage on Fayde, I need to deny 289 xp from her. Doesn't sound too hard. For every melee denied I gain 20 pt adv, and for every ranged I gain a 14 pt adv. Hmmm maybe it's not that simple :( That means it takes 15 denies (12 melee and 3 ranged) to gain a thirty second experience advantage. And thats assuming she doesn't have any denies of her own! In reality, you need 15 denies PLUS 1 for every deny she has. Thats really tough. Conclusion: getting a level adv against a melee hero as melee is very difficult.

What about ranged vs melee heroes mid? For a ranged hero to gain a 30sec adv, he needs to deny 289 xp (like before). BUT, for every deny that Fayde makes is requires Puppet two make TWO denies. So if Fayde denies 3 creeps, you need to deny 21 creeps [15+2(3)] to have a thirty second advantage. That's so haaaaaaard. Conc: level adv against melee as ranged is absurdly difficult.

What about Melee getting adv vs. ranged? Denying 289 xp becomes a lot easier. 8 denies (6 melee 2 ranged) is enough to get you a thirty second advantage, plus 1 deny for every two of the enemie's. Conc: getting lvl adv is entirely possible as Melee vs Ranged.

Range vs Range?? 8 creeps plus 1 for every deny they get. Do-able.

[Collapse=Review]30 second experience advantage
You Melee vs. Them Ranged: Possible to Easy
You Ranged vs. Them Ranged: Possible
You Melee vs. Them Melee: Hard to Very Hard
You Ranged vs. Them Melee: Very Hard[/Collapse]

What about 2v2?
[collapse=paragraphs of math...]LOL like im really gonna do that[/collapse]

So buff denying right?? No. Remember, denying is multi-purpose. Not only does it prevent them from leveling as quickly, but you also prevents them from gaining gold. If I deny 10 creeps (400 gold), thats almost a pair of boots.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
No, i learned a bit... I was mad when I was getting outleveled by a melee at mid. I had like 10 denies against a devo and he still beat me to 6. Now I know why. Melee mid is overpowered.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Yea, actually that's pretty good to know. It's kinda fun to see another game go down to the numbers to gain advantage. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Fine. If all you guys want to do is FEEEEEE Denni's ego.

then IDC.

Also, I had an idea. Do any of you know if there's a way you guys could stream HoN? Right now I'm watching kniht and a few other Orlando people stream melee and we're talking in the stream and it's a really cool way to communicate. I get to catch up with Jason and watch them play.

Or maybe you could stream it and we could vent or something. I'm just thinking of alternative ways to keep in touch with you guys :D .

Top Bottom