• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Yard Showdown - Garden City, MI - July 10th

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Naw, cookout depends on if I can get a job before this (have an interview tomorrow, wish me luck :D). Also whether or not my uncle will loan me his grill, which he probably will.

EDIT: I've added a condition for anyone bringing a setup, so be sure to check the first post so you won't be surprised.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i plan on bringing my set up to this. might have recording if i wanna spend 3 days splitting the videos and uploading (internet is not fast at my house :( )

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance of Balanced Brawl being set up? There aren't enough events with it in general, and it could be worth a shot.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have any plans to include Balanced Brawl with this. This is my first tournament, so I'm keeping it simple. Future events will likely have a few more things though. Still, I'm not going to object if someone wants to set it up when tournament matches aren't going on.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
balance brawl is the worst version of brawl =\. you'd be much better off running brawl- or low tiers. i'd help you with the side events (if you run them)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I've never played any of the modified versions of Brawl so I wouldn't really know. But if someone wants to bring a setup and people want to play a different version on their time it doesn't really matter to me.

Thanks for you offer to help out with side events, but right now I just want to get a little experience in seeing what all is involved in running a tournament beore adding anything to extra. Assuming that this goes well I'll be talking with the manager to see about the possibility of getting some biweeklies going. In that case, Melee needs to be added before anything else. Still, like I said in the first post, some help and input from those a little more experienced in this area is greatly appreciated.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I will be late, but I will show up for Brawl singles.

I'm gonna ask my boss to schedule me for an earlier shift this day. Hopefully I don't work until close.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Sparta Kick I need a partner as well. D3 + Snake or double Snake ****? :D I'm good at doubles I just need a partner. Haven't even attempted to find one until just now.

*hypes*

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Sure Technical_Chase, let's team. We could do double Snake for certain matchups, but Snake/DDD for most. I've been playing DDD too lately, so we could mix it up other ways if you want.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I need a teammate for this, I main Lucario, second Ike and Wolf, and learning Falco and Marth.

I'd like someone who can survive longer than me because I have fairly good DI and don't die easily.

Pref partners: MK, Snake, G&W, D3, and ROB.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I need a teammate for this, I main Lucario, second Ike and Wolf, and learning Falco and Marth.

I'd like someone who can survive longer than me because I have fairly good DI and don't die easily.

DK Lucario?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try to call my work tomorrow see if I can guarantee an early shift for myself. Last week was the first Saturday I worked until close. I don't work at all this Saturday. If I work until noon-3, I can come to this.

I'll only be doing dub friendlies (and singles friendlies of course). I'm a horrible dubs partner and not afraid to admit it. :p

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet

I Main R.O.B. and Marth :D

Can play G&W too

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Anyone (from Ann Arbor only) need a ride? I'm pickin' up Tutu most likely.

I'll be leaving from Toledo-ish, OH taking 23 to AA, and then 94 to the venue.

DarkLouis's current carpool:

1. DL
2. Tutu
3. (open)
4. (open)
5. (open)

I guess my only conditions are:
1. I plan to get to the venue when it opens until everything gets shut down. I don't want anyone asking me to leave early. :p
2. Pitch in 3-5 bucks for gas money.

I WON'T DOZE OFF THIS TIME! (Lesson learned from the trip back from MLG Columbus. ^^; )

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
I'm looking for a partner in this.

Main's R.O.B. and Marth

Can do Snake, G&W, and Olimar as well

jkbbabione

Smash Apprentice
Ima ask parentstoday if I can go, if so I'll try meeting darklouis in toledo before he leaves or something.

Top Bottom