• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad Tournament Results *UPDATED* 5/9/09

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lil b SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks E

Bolt: great tourney nice venue host another one soon I will definaly be there!

BMX: WE GOT MONET YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oath: fun tourney match I will upload the match later. I guess McCain was supposed to win lol

Kojin and night: WTF rainbow cruise on a yoshi and wario you guys should do a better job CPing

K9: You had a soooo good braket what happened?

Poyo: your funny and nice job owning those as you calll "mexicans"

Forte and Korn: We will get you guys next time

Azen: ggs Fox vs Wolf is fun

Gamepad: great venue

everyone else: gg's

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
...lol Kojin, I didn't have a noob bracket! :p I had Chu (Destined to beat him since I always get him in Tournaments haha) in my bracket which put me in the losers quarter finals against Oath which happened to be a close game. Who knocked you out?

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Well, I had fun at the tournament and hopefully I gained some experience. ^_^

My short shoutouts:

Kojin: Very nice Sonic. ;) We had some very close matches.

BMX: Nice Wario you have there. I did not expect your Wario Waft in our last match. :p

SYR: Thanks for the friendlies earlier. ;) Helped me relax and get comfortable.

To all the other people I played, good games. :)

HSK DEFACEfox

Smash Rookie
Thank you Glyph and Bert,

Poyo if you got some much mouth for some1 you didnt even brawl then brawl me and prove it. I'll destroy u and your kirby doll that u carried the whole time while u were at the tourny. as a matter of fact i bet i could beat u with Jigglypuff. Challenge me, I Dare you

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Lol, I cannot wait for the next one of these. How long are you going to make us wait Bolt?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm thinking of doing another one a month from today. Depending on other Tournament Dates. We don't want to counter any other Tournaments with ours. Just keep checking the Tournament Listings.. it will be up sooner than you think. ;)

DeFace: Where are you from man? I was really impressed with that Fox. You should come down to Gamepad more often and play with the Gamepad Elite.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking of doing another one a month from today. Depending on other Tournament Dates. We don't want to counter any other Tournaments with ours. Just keep checking the Tournament Listings.. it will be up sooner than you think. ;)

DeFace: Where are you from man? I was really impressed with that Fox. You should come down to Gamepad more often and play with the Gamepad Elite.
me, glyph, dface, and azn all go to the same school up in north stafford
i think we may be setting up some practices in the future, maybe we could rival the gamepad elite team :chuckle:

Oath.

Smash Ace
osnaps i forgot about brawl till you fall.. ughh woodbridge needs a ride X_X.. dammit bmx hurry up and get your license

@DFACE; don't sleep on poyo...

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Thats riight.. Brawl till you fall is coming up.. hmmm..

Cola: I was the heavy set guy running it aside from the Owner. lol.. also the guy playing Street Fighter 4. We spoke briefly while I was getting my a$$ kicked online. :p

Chaos Knight:
I beg to differ. Only 4 good known players.. :ohwell:

Kenrawr

Smash Master
CK, there was an attendance list for a long time on the tourney listing. Shouldn't be that big of a surprise.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Thank you Glyph and Bert,

Poyo if you got some much mouth for some1 you didnt even brawl then brawl me and prove it. I'll destroy u and your kirby doll that u carried the whole time while u were at the tourny. as a matter of fact i bet i could beat u with Jigglypuff. Challenge me, I Dare you
Wow, calm the f*ck down. I said you were a scrub cause this is the first tourney you were at and not alot of good people came (only Korn, Azen, Chu and Forte). So I assumed you got an easy bracket. Regardless, at Brawl til you Fall, lets $5 MM. My Game & Watch vs your Fox. But really, for your first tourney, the fact you 2-0'd K9 and BMX is suprising, don't get too cocky over it (I can tell you are) cause they prolly underestimated and sandbagged you a little, I know Oathmeal sandbagged me (somewhat, I don't know about the second match, I know the first match he did a little), its cause he didn't know me (not that much anyway, that and he ***** me in a money match earlier).

Also, I'll upload some of the matches on my account, but I'll send all the matches with Korn to him, he wants to upload them on his account.

TheInfamousOne

Smash Rookie
well that was fun tell me when you plan ta have ur next tournament bolt much more fun than c3 more t.v ta play on ran much smoother and curse u and ur mind games whoever that one wario guy was
poyo u play wi-fi by any chance

and at least i was not last i coulda did better but was up against ****in peach n olimar hate them two people
You'll do better next time Cola, I looked at the results which they really did not seem to have the metrics calculated out since there was a 7 way tie for 25th place. To bad the game did not have a way to measure successful light and heavy attacks. This could have been used to calculate aggression on a point system. (e.g. As they do in Olympic Boxing)

You'll do better next time now you know what to expect. :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Poyo man, there was no need to call him a Scrub. He made it to 5th place and beat some good people. Show some respect.. Be a good smash player and congratulate him rather than bash on him for doing good.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
@poyo, stop calling people scrubs man =/ Those are fighting words =o
And he 2-1'ed me. Not 2-0'ed >< Match 1, Me: pika vs fox, Match 2 and 3, him: wolf vs fox (spacy lulz) then pika vs fox

Kojin it's kornssbm

I'm going to stop posting in this thread so much now =x..maybe

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Thats riight.. Brawl till you fall is coming up.. hmmm..

Cola: I was the heavy set guy running it aside from the Owner. lol.. also the guy playing Street Fighter 4. We spoke briefly while I was getting my a$$ kicked online. :p

Chaos Knight:
I beg to differ. Only 4 good known players.. :ohwell:
oh that was you i was thinkin that was another brawler tryin out street fighter i musta been real tired ta not know that was you i was hopin ta play you and mabe lil b in some friendlies oh well

oh yeah infamousone uhh thanks i guess but i usualy do better.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Poyo man, there was no need to call him a Scrub. He made it to 5th place and beat some good people. Show some respect.. Be a good smash player and congratulate him rather than bash on him for doing good.
I'm not bashing, I just thought (at the time I called him a scrub, I honestly expected BMX to be 5th, not him) he got an easy bracket, I didn't know him, I call everyone I don't know scrubs, xD

Anyway, yeah I'm suprised he did well, I was talking with one of his friends and he said that Dface is one of his friends at school. Most people who **** their friends at school often think they're good. Thats the stereotype anyway, its not always true. I do need to stop making assumptions, xD

HSK DEFACEfox

Smash Rookie
Bolt i live about 30 min away from gamepad in Stafford. and i'd love to brawl you anytime u want.

Poyo im not cocky, its the fact where ur callin me a scrub and you didnt even brawl me. you just don't do that. U namecallin makes you the cocky one

I wanna give some shoutouts too

K-9 Great battles man. when we brawled i saw myself goin to the loser bracket lol. if u do play online i'd love to play you again. MAN NICE PIKA

BMX Scared me with the wario choice lol. sorri i was kinda " scrubbish" (accordin to poyo LOL) by usin the stages against you but wario's are too wierd to read lol

Glyph U already kno we're partnas to the end

Korn nice meta, im not to good at metas so the next time it'll be different

And the almighty CHU, the legend/ protagy/ MOST ELITE PERSON I EVA PLAYED! thanks 4 kickn my but like that LOL. Made me see how bad i was LOL. sorri i looked like a noob in comparison

Bolt thanks 4 hostin and i hope to brawl the rest and more great brawlers round the world

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
i vote that we end use of the word scrub once and for all
it's simply an elitist, derogatory name that does nobody any good and is prone to cause issues such as this

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
i vote that we end use of the word scrub once and for all
it's simply an elitist, derogatory name that does nobody any good and is prone to cause issues such as this
f*ck that, its my favorite word other than yayuhzz (and two-frame, if it counts as one word since there's no space).

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Yo I got this janks right HEREEEE!
I don't know what that means.

Shout outs!

Bolt: Nice job on placing well, Boltanion. Let's start looking for the next date, and how we can make the tourney even better!

Kojin: Your Sonic is legit. Don't focus on your rank. We'll come up to your school sometime or go to Chu's soon!

Glyph: It was awesome teaming with ya! I think we played well. That was my first Doubles tourney!

Bert: Didn't get to play you... Hope you had fun! Come by soon!

Chu: Thanks for helping out with the brackets. Also, thanks for giving me some Doubles tips and practice... Maybe next time I can show my TL skills in a 1-on-1.

Forte and Azen: Glad to have met you! Thanks for the Doubles Friendlies! Hope to see you guys in for the next one, or before then.

K-9, BMX, Oath, LilB: Come spend a day down at GamePad soon for a smash fest! Didn't get to play you guys :/

Korn: Congrats on your placing! You're legit.

To all the regulars: Hope you guys enjoyed some fresh competition on your home turf!

Everyone else: I'm glad I met you all! Come back to the next one!

I think I earned a lot of wisdom on Saturday. I've been told that my TL has "pro-potential." I've only been playing seriously for a few months now... Thanks everyone for helping me get better! And as a GamePad employee, I really enjoyed having the tournament. Everyone was very chill, and it looked like fun was had. Come back! On any given weekday I am working, so COME BY!

BMX

Smash Lord
Poyo is just a scrub too lol jk its all good there are stereotypes and poyo said one sterotypical comment. so clam down guys.

Fred took me out fair and square. i really shouldve tried harder but thats johnz. hes good and i hope to him in more tourneys.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Kojin, my account is kornssbm

...but you could easily search for my vids :'( you didn't even try to find me first don't you.
only 4 good people went to this ? say wahhh
lol.. ouch

@poyo, stop calling people scrubs man =/ Those are fighting words =o
And he 2-1'ed me. Not 2-0'ed >< Match 1, Me: pika vs fox, Match 2 and 3, him: wolf vs fox (spacy lulz) then pika vs fox

Kojin it's kornssbm

I'm going to stop posting in this thread so much now =x..maybe
ugh.. K9 don't lose like that again next time :/

-----------------------

and Dface, ignore poyo, he just have a bad mouth sometimes -__-
you're cool anyway.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
DeFace: Awesome man, I hope to Smash with you sometime in the near future. I will set a Smash Play date sometime this month and be sure to let you know. Hope you can come out man.

MattyP:
Yes, we will work on our next Tournament Date. Until then, friendlies and team practice. Teams are too fun not to keep doing. :)

YoohooDude

Smash Rookie
No doubt it was a very humbling experience for my first Brawl tourney. I'm seriously pumped for the next tournament and aim to improve a LOT before then. Training is definitely in order. I thought the $5 all day Brawl passes were great in getting some practice with some of the greats and hope they could continue.

A few shoutouts...

MattyP: Playing friendlies with you is always awesome. Oh, and thanks for getting me sucked into Wind Waker.

Bolt: Watching you play was a blast as usual. The team t-shirt design was pretty sweet, btw.

Bert: Thanks for the Kirby tips during friendlies!

Chu: A shame we couldn't get a friendly in, but here's hoping for one in the future!

To all others (including those I forgot to mention): Great games on all sides! Looking forward to some matches with you later!

Saturday's tourney was an awesome experience and one I won't forget for a while.

Top Bottom