• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad Tournament Results *UPDATED* 5/9/09

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'd probably drive up to Gamepad today, but there's a small amount of snow outside. I think I'll just go to a friends house instead, lol.

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
I measured about 6 inches of snow. Woot!
I stayed at a friend's house last night so we could go sledding today FOR THE WIN

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
and you fool! let's play wifi (im bored)

i don't have class today cuz of the snow :3 yay
Sure. My old wii died, so we both need to add each other again. I can't play atm either, but I'll let you know when I can.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
come on i wanna see some vids too even though i already know why i lost so fast bad match up and a stupid mistake

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I saw a match of you vs BTC, was that tournament? Winners or Loser's Bracket? I think I also saw Sonic dittos of you vs TH. All the matches are in one nearly 5 hour video file, I have to find them, cut with WMM and since sound didn't get recorded download the music that was playing during the match and import it with WMM then upload to youtube.

NightZander

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about waiting until now to post(horribad internet deters me from the boards). But this tournament was run very well, I enjoyed playing friendlies with everyone here.

K-9, your Pikachu surprised me in dittos. Good stuff. I'll get better by our next ditto.

Bolt, thanks for hosting this tournament, I found it to be enjoyable and well worth the money spent. In addition, I'm sure all the participants that didn't have a controller were very grateful to you for lending them the venue controllers.

Kojin, man. Good stuff in teams. Hopefully if you want to team again, we can practice on more team combinations. Poyo isn't a bad team mate, but it's hard to test things with him because he gets bored and complains. But hopefully, if you want to team again, we'll become more familiar with each other's play styles and be able to complement each other and learn how to just create combos right there on the spot. Great Sonic!

Azen, thanks for the Peach practice. I know I didn't do that well, but I'll get better. Maybe you'll be able to have fun next time when we practice! :p

Forte, I haven't seen you at a tournament in awhile.. Then again, I don't go to many. But it was cool seein you.

Chu, dude you're too nice. Stop it. Just kidding. Uhh, the next time we go to a tournament that you're attending as well, just give me a call like, if you want any type of specific sandwich. We have too much food already, and don't mind making anything you want. Congratulations on your placing by the way.

Korn, great stuff. I don't compare to you.. Yet. :D But I'll get better next time so we don't bore you when you stay over. Congratulations on third.

Azen, Chu, and Forte: I loved those Falcon dittos at the beginning of the tournament. That's what Brawl is about: having fun. Sorry Chu, I wasn't a great teams partner(and I even think I attacked you a little bit LOL) but I hope you had some fun.

BMX and Oath, you farted.

I'm gonna ban Yoshi from my emo corner if lilb keeps playing. lol

Everyone else, good stuff. I may not have played EVERYONE, but thanks for all the friendlies.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw a match of you vs BTC, was that tournament? Winners or Loser's Bracket? I think I also saw Sonic dittos of you vs TH. All the matches are in one nearly 5 hour video file, I have to find them, cut with WMM and since sound didn't get recorded download the music that was playing during the match and import it with WMM then upload to youtube.
That was the tournament Winner's bracket.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
@Poyo:

vsBTC: yes. that was in winners bracket

vs TH: no that was friendlies. put it up anyways. its is steak.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Alright, but I'm uploading all the tourney matches I got before friendlies, so they'll be up but there's still some tourney matches I wanna put up first.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Re-click it, it works for me.

Maybe match 2 and 3 video, cause I re-edited it cause the music ended early, even when I re-upload the music lasts longer but still about no music for a minute at the end.

YouTube is gay and sometimes does that, either refresh or go back to the page that had the link.

If it still has problems let me know.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Indeed, it is saving as I type, I should've uploaded it first but I just found it now, finding specific matches in a 4 hour 45 minute video file takes awhile.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Just wondering, were they tournament or friendly. I see a 2-1, but more matches after that were the rest friendlies or was it a 3/5 set? I'll upload them all, but I wanna upload all tourney matches first then friendlies, so people don't get confused.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Kawaii that link worked. :) Thanks buddy.

Also.. Are you going to upload all the friendlies? If you have any trouble Identifying the players, let me know and I'll tell you who they are. I know the one with Sonic and Diddy is Myelf/Kojin vs Azen/Korn. (we got dumped on lulz)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll upload some friendlies, it still takes time to save/put them on YouTube, I'll only put requested or good friendlies on YouTube. Also, I saw a match of you vs a pink MK, I think it was tourney and I'll upload it, but what was his name, his nametag was PsnRf. Was it friendly or tourney?

Also I am uploading the Loser's Finals of Korn and Azen on my account. I don't know how to transfer it to Korn, through hotmail/live I can only transfer 10 MB or less files. Korn, just download the vid off my account (with keepvid.com or something) and just upload it on yours.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
hey poyo didn't you play azen or was that some other guy ehh wich wii's were the ones that was recording again lol

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I played Azen in teams friendlies and it was on my Wii. But it was friendlies, I may upload them, but I have to re-record the replay with my dazzle which will take awhile to set up. As soon as the Loser's Finals process I'm gonna make a topic with all the vids and post it here.

Also a match got recorded between a G&W and Wolf, I haven't actually watched it yet but saw it when skimming through matches, they don't have nametags, I wanna upload it, but have no idea who they are, it might be Girl and KoJR doing friendlies. Iono, since its Wolf it may also be K9.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah, only bad thing was it was on HDTVs, also I fought both the R.O.B.s there (Oath and Glyph) so I didn't get to play Kirby alot and when I did I was in the MK mindset (I wouldn't win anyway, I lost to Korn and Forte).

The most hilarious moment of the day for me is when I fought like 8 scrubs in a row who all played Fox in friendlies, I just chaingrabbed to spike and they thought I was pro. It was so funny.

VIDEO THREAD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224122

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yeah I'll upload some friendlies, it still takes time to save/put them on YouTube, I'll only put requested or good friendlies on YouTube. Also, I saw a match of you vs a pink MK, I think it was tourney and I'll upload it, but what was his name, his nametag was PsnRf. Was it friendly or tourney?

Also I am uploading the Loser's Finals of Korn and Azen on my account. I don't know how to transfer it to Korn, through hotmail/live I can only transfer 10 MB or less files. Korn, just download the vid off my account (with keepvid.com or something) and just upload it on yours.
That was Tourney. That was my second match in Winners Bracket. Upload that please.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Unfortunately that is still undecided. I play many games besides Smash so I have to participate in other Tournament Circuits as well. We are shooting for next month sometime, but its still up in the air. Just keep checking the Tournament Listings. I'm sure I'll have it up pretty soon.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I played Azen in teams friendlies and it was on my Wii. But it was friendlies, I may upload them, but I have to re-record the replay with my dazzle which will take awhile to set up. As soon as the Loser's Finals process I'm gonna make a topic with all the vids and post it here.

Also a match got recorded between a G&W and Wolf, I haven't actually watched it yet but saw it when skimming through matches, they don't have nametags, I wanna upload it, but have no idea who they are, it might be Girl and KoJR doing friendlies. Iono, since its Wolf it may also be K9.
Wasn't me. There were like 5 wolves lol. It may be Azen.

BMX

Smash Lord
Yeah, only bad thing was it was on HDTVs, also I fought both the R.O.B.s there (Oath and Glyph) so I didn't get to play Kirby alot and when I did I was in the MK mindset (I wouldn't win anyway, I lost to Korn and Forte).

The most hilarious moment of the day for me is when I fought like 8 scrubs in a row who all played Fox in friendlies, I just chaingrabbed to spike and they thought I was pro. It was so funny.

VIDEO THREAD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224122
that was hilarious those kiddz were all goo goo 4 poyo.lol

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i hate snow so much. i did nothing but shovel that **** all day, snow makes me :(. i rather be in class i hate it so much.

but if anyone wants to come over my apartment in crystal city for brawl just AIM/PM me and come over on the weekends. there will be steak. not really. maybe chips...

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
I just received word that we will be hosting our next tournament on the first weekend in April!
Please let us know how we can make this one even better!

Also, if you know anyone who wanted to come or who would enjoy this tourney, please let them know!

More details, soon.

Top Bottom