• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad VA: Brawl 4 All Rnd. 3! - 5/9/09 *UPDATED*

ice cream

Smash Rookie
Hey! This is Kiyo, I've switched my name two weeks before the tournament because I'm awesome like that >_>...

The point is, I can bring my Wii as well if that's cool.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Yup yup. For the smashers that don't have school or work during the week, you should come down for some practice if you get the chance.

EDIT: I will be setting up a practice Session later on today at Gamepad around 2:00pm, if I awake by then. If you are interested in attending, be sure to let me know.
what about weekends???? or next week would be a big possibility for me since parent teacher work day

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
lol.. nice Job Kiyo. I'm just gonna leave your name as Kiyo on the Attendance list unless it really is a must to change it, and yes.. Bringing your Wii would be greatly appreciated.

CrappyCola: When is your teachers work day? We might be able to set up a practice day on the weekend, but it depends on what everyone else is doing. Valentines day is this Saturday and I have to take my girlfriend out to eat and what not, so this weekend.. probably not.

Hmm.. I dunno we can work something out.

.Kiyo

Smash Cadet
Hahaha a master of switching! I'm not sure what I want my perma name to be yet so I'm creating to make sure when I decide I already have it... I'm bringing two more friends though, so add them! I'll just stick to this for now to cause less confusion.

RxContender

Smash Rookie
Jack (RxC) here.

Shawn is coming too, put him down as Tsuka. He'll be bringing his Wii and Brawl (all unlocked), so hopefully he'll have his venue fee waived.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Woh woh woh people.. why do we have people that are backing down? Lil B, What's so.. ehh?

JJVirus, you too?! What's going on here.. o.O

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will think about doing that but it depends on how the turn out of C3 is going to be and as of now it looks to be pretty good

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hmmm, which C3 are you talking about going to? I may attend.

Not sure though, I'd rather save my money for my event as well as a few MM's.

Tsukasasoul

Smash Rookie
Jack (RxC) here.

Shawn is coming too, put him down as Tsuka. He'll be bringing his Wii and Brawl (all unlocked), so hopefully he'll have his venue fee waived.
Yeah, I'm most definitely coming, and I'll bring my console in. I can't wait to have some fun. (^_^) It's been a while since I had someone other than RxC and Janks to knock around.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Alright Kiyo I will update.

Oh and Lil B, I was saying..

Which C3 are you attending, if you decide to.. I may come just for some extra practice, but I may not so I can have money for MM's.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Alright Kiyo I will update.

Oh and Lil B, I was saying..

Which C3 are you attending, if you decide to.. I may come just for some extra practice, but I may not so I can have money for MM's.
I might go just for friendlies and not enter and save money for this. I think the C3 is on the 21st?

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
hey bolt, i dropped by today and played fuzz and yoho (i believe thats what his name was)
really good matches, im excited for the tourny
is there any way we could get a practice session in on monday?
president's day = no escuela

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
hey bolt, i dropped by today and played fuzz and yoho (i believe thats what his name was)
really good matches, im excited for the tourny
is there any way we could get a practice session in on monday?
president's day = no escuela
Yup, I can be there Monday. Probably sometime around 12:00pm or 1:00pm. If I'm not there by then, have Fuzz call me to wake me up. :p He should be there working, if he isn't ask Ryan. Ryan goes by OracL, he has my number as well.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
Yup, I can be there Monday. Probably sometime around 12:00pm or 1:00pm. If I'm not there by then, have Fuzz call me to wake me up. :p He should be there working, if he isn't ask Ryan. Ryan goes by OracL, he has my number as well.
alright cool, i'll see you there tomorrow :D

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
can i count on someone to give me a ride if for some reason i cant get there myself?
If it comes down to it, I'd come get you...
If you could hook me up with like $5 or $10 for gas it wouldn't be a big deal.
But count me as a last resort, see if anyone else from up there can give you a cheaper ride. :)

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
mehhhhh idk if i should team with my bro or you bolt me n him make a good team but he is a major scrub neh c-c-c-c-c-cant decide

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Team with your brother man, I don't think your mom would appreciate you paying for some random person to play with you in a doubles tournament. I'd feel guilty taking your money and playing in the tournament like that.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Team with your brother man, I don't think your mom would appreciate you paying for some random person to play with you in a doubles tournament. I'd feel guilty taking your money and playing in the tournament like that.
ok I will but we gonna lose realy fast he always accidently kills me could you put us against some scrubs mabe last time he got realy mad cuz we lost instantly and said he would never go to another tourny cuz everybody was a being jerk i have no clue why but we was put up agains team mk2 and some other team forgot their team name i know this is a very wussy request. but i realy dont wanna dissapoint my brother like that again. thanks for being nice like that bolt

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I can't fix the brackets for you buddy, sorry. I have to equally Seed everyone according to their skill level. If you wind up against a Pro Team, its only because your skill needs to be improved. You'll understand as you travel to more Tournaments.. but since your not a known player yet and your skill hasn't been shown amongst the Smash community, your seed will not be as high as others. But don't worry, you won't be the only low seed at this tournament, there are many unknown players coming that will be treated just as you are. It's all about luck when it comes to who you are matched with.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
I can't fix the brackets for you buddy, sorry. I have to equally Seed everyone according to their skill level. If you wind up against a Pro Team, its only because your skill needs to be improved. You'll understand as you travel to more Tournaments.. but since your not a known player yet and your skill hasn't been shown amongst the Smash community, your seed will not be as high as others. But don't worry, you won't be the only low seed at this tournament, there are many unknown players coming that will be treated just as you are. It's all about luck when it comes to who you are matched with.
ok thanks for the info now and now i know why we was against all the pros

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Not a problem Cola. Glad I could help.

::Tournament Note::
Kojin has brought to my attention a thread that I think everyone should read and discuss. This is an important matter for the Smash community. Ledgecamping. Apparrently the Japanese have created a rule to keep people from camping the ledge and stalling the match.

Here is the thread for people to read more on this subject.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221198

Also, M2K has made a thread that involves this matter as well.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199674

If everyone attending this Tournament could please read these two threads and tell me what you think through this thread, that would be a great help. If the majority of you agree to this concept, the rule will be applied and our Tournament shall be updated.

forute

Smash Ace
I think whether or not you enforce it, I just want some data collected to see if 70 is a good number or not and where the average lies

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
it sounds good on paper but what about in practice
in our matches today, i was on that ledge quite a bit and playing off the ledge can be a legitimate gameplan
i think it should be up to some sort of mediator if someone claims that their opponent is ledge stalling

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Enforce it too see what happens i know people will not grab the ledge more than 70 times unless you are planking it really is simple

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Is excessive planking even a big enough problem in MD/VA for this rule to be enforced?

Besides maybe... well Plank. I can't think of anyone.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I tried it one time and people got mad at me... Even though I was waiting for them to approach instead of runninng out the timer. It was before it was called planking. In reality it should be called sageing but that sounds dumb.

Top Bottom