• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Yeh, can't wait to play you guys, but don't think I'll go down easily hehe.

dont worry, guys, the secret to beating ally is to look him straight into the eyes, he'll automatically shut-down and will be Dq'd

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well that doesnt mean **** ally, i know some guy which might come to the tourney, he does not even usually play brawl and lives in the US.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
yeah, didnt people from the east coast come to TOS last time? Distance isnt an issue when someone is sure about their skills and will win money with it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
No reason for him to trashtalk us then >.>

Anyways, i should get a list of people who are suposed to MM me i got like 5-6 and i cant remember half

1st-Thad
2nd-Ally
3rd-Buenob
????
Who else

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
It was only Canadians Kirt, the distance from BC to Montreal is much larger and more expensive. No reason for anyone here to trashtalk him about not coming, sheesh.
I meant east coast canada Joel, thank you very much.

Don't some american and japanese travel across to fight each other in major tournaments? They go because they know they will win.

If you don't want us trashtalking him then it would be wise that he doesn't come here and stir controversy like he did, unless thats what you wanted right? Didn't you say a few pages ago that you wanted people to trash talk as it added hype to the tournament?

Whitechaos

Smash Rookie
Hm, I'm in. Dunno if it's nessesary to sign up on this thread, but better be safe than sorry. I'll see you all there, and I'mma wear my Smash Tournement shirt ^_^

-HalF

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I meant east coast canada Joel, thank you very much.

Don't some american and japanese travel across to fight each other in major tournaments? They go because they know they will win.

If you don't want us trashtalking him then it would be wise that he doesn't come here and stir controversy like he did, unless thats what you wanted right? Didn't you say a few pages ago that you wanted people to trash talk as it added hype to the tournament?
Kirt, the only people attending this are still East Coast Canadians, it's not a nationally hyped event like those other tournaments. And no, they don't go because they know they will win, otherwise only the best one would go. People come for the experience of a large tournament. Why do you think our best travel to the states for tournaments?

I don't want him trashtalking us simply because he has no part in this tournament. If he's here to berate players without the intention of facing them then he can get lost, because he's simply trolling.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Two wrongs don't make a right, but two lefts do :D

In any case, when pushed, I think most push back and I guess we just have to understand and let go guys :3

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
thank god things sorta got back on track... Only a few days left and still looking for equipment!! Refer to equipment section for what we need a lot of (reminder, we want a minimum of 12 TV's and a max of 27 TV's; as many Wii's as TV's; min 14 power bars and extension chords)

Please don't hold back!

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
4 T.vs needed for minimum
5 Wiis needed for minimum

4 powerbars needed for minimum
1 extension cord needed for minimum.

Didn't I hear during today's smashfest that Port Town Aero Drive moved?

Redemption

Smash Cadet
Guys I heard Redemption is coming, he will own you all. He is the best smash player in southern Africa and is here for the summer to visit his family. Just stay home and don't show up, unless you wish to witness ally be 3 stocked.

Redemption

Smash Cadet
Sorry swordgard, Redemption got tired of taking people's money. Redemption does not need money in Africa, he already owns his own straw house with a 10 inch kitchen TV for smash

swordgard

Smash Hero
Redemption is more affraid than i thought, avoiding matches because he knows hes affraid of losing money and jhonning about it

So
5 bucks MM thad
5 bucks MM Ally
4 bucks MM buenob
10 bucks MM zaf double or nothing
0 bucks redemption cause he cant asumme his noobyness

Redemption

Smash Cadet
swordgard, Redemption told me to pass a message on to you. He said: "swordgard, listen to me very carefully. Just take a step back and literally, **** YOUR OWN FACE!!!"

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm in for sure, put me in for singles and doubles (with flash7, team name Never Gonna Give You Up). I'm bringing a Wii and at least 1 TV, possibly 2 if there's enough space in the car.

Top Bottom