• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa - Console Fighter Tournament

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I'm going for sure just because I get to save 2 - 4 $ if I register online.

PLEASE CONFIRM ME AND MINIFRIDGE

HMMM.... I'm hoping Kingkong, Techiyo, Darkshadow and Mar1 can come to this. I badly want to have a revenge VS Kingkong. ;) and I haven't played the Princess, LA, and my favourite furry (aside from myself) in tourny for a long time. Oh and Strombert better go too........ I'll make him wish he was dead. I also wana try my MK VS Swordgard so be there man.

Holy should be there for eye candy purposes....... Ally also produces eye candy so be there too............. and as for Hells...... I kicked his *** already so I don't give a ****. oh and if you had a problem with what I just said Hells, go cry at KFC with Darkshadow.

PND

Smash Champion
Long time no chat, smashboards!

My crew and I are confirming. We can also house a carload of people, although y'all might want to bring sleeping bags.

Strange request, I'm thinking of working on a video application for a dream job of mine. Would anybody be willing to maybe say a few words on my behalf on video? Basically just things I've done for the gaming community. It'd be amazing if you guys could, I really want to nail this application. No pressure, don't worry if you guys can't / don't want to.

Also related, does anyone have a video camera I could use for my video application? I can use my cell phone to take video, but would prefer something a bit more professional. Thanks!

buenob

Smash Lord
@Iliad - you know I am one of the exec. of Gaming Ottawa right? One of the reasons I helped start it is because I want an entity that won't go away that runs legit tourneys.

@kage - I understand man, I am gonna try to hit up 2-4 more brawl/melee setups, but the place we are in is basically at maximum power. We are trying to see if the guy will let us bring in a generator to power some more setups.

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
buenob: If I bring a car with 5 people from Montreal to this (myself included), is there any way we could get housing on Saturday night (and possibly Friday night as well)?

Also, I looked at the schedule in the opening post, and you have singles before doubles? I dunno about others, but I feel like having doubles after singles is a bit anticlimactic since singles brackets are supposed to be the main event. Wouldn't it be better to switch them around?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
buenob: If I bring a car with 5 people from Montreal to this (myself included), is there any way we could get housing on Saturday night (and possibly Friday night as well)?

Also, I looked at the schedule in the opening post, and you have singles before doubles? I dunno about others, but I feel like having doubles after singles is a bit anticlimactic since singles brackets are supposed to be the main event. Wouldn't it be better to switch them around?

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
tournament experiance with partner last weekend.....:

GUARD and Strombert are in kill range on game 3..............it's 2 VS 1..........last hit for all of us.......

GUARD - >Jumping all over the place with Fox while 3/4 of his lasers hit Strombert<

Strombert - "GUARD I grabed him, quick... UP-SMASH NOW."

GUARD - "Derp-a-Derp" >start dash dancing<

Strombert - "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm making my return to the EC and to the Smash scene! I have pretty much been MIA since the last GO since I have been in an isolated BC community since early May. That being said, I hope that attendance to the September Console Fighter Tournament is strong with many new faces.

buenob, I'll look into those TVs for you!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master

My crew and I are confirming. We can also house a carload of people, although y'all might want to bring sleeping bags.

Strange request, I'm thinking of working on a video application for a dream job of mine. Would anybody be willing to maybe say a few words on my behalf on video? Basically just things I've done for the gaming community. It'd be amazing if you guys could, I really want to nail this application. No pressure, don't worry if you guys can't / don't want to.

Also related, does anyone have a video camera I could use for my video application? I can use my cell phone to take video, but would prefer something a bit more professional. Thanks!
sure thing, if im able to find a way here ill do a piece for you

what are you applying for btw?

Tin Man

Smash Hero

If Joe can't make it, I'll help out, unless someone else really wants to do it. Consider me plan B basically lol.

:phone:

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
One of you guys from Montreal should drive all the way to Whitby to pick me up and drive me to Ottawa. I'll provide housing if you come earlier ;D

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Techiyo is supposed to come with me.......... so what's up with you???
You missed the joke. But anyway we need to sort who's going with who soon. We have like 3 cars going and a lot of empty seats :-P
SG can only bring 3 people in his car and so far he has Kkong, Hells and one empty spot(Joel?). Stroumbert is picking me, Ally, Lyndon? and has one spot left(Mar1?) and I presume Victor is picking you up and Techiyo? Try to bring Balus and Sheep or anyone else interested.

Housing wise, Stroumbert''s car probably getting housed by PNDmike. Victor's car at his 2nd residence(mom house forgot?) and SG car most likely renting that super cheap hotel(70$ for a night)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
You missed the joke. But anyway we need to sort who's going with who soon. We have like 3 cars going and a lot of empty seats :-P
SG can only bring 3 people in his car and so far he has Kkong, Hells and one empty spot(Joel?). Stroumbert is picking me, Ally, Lyndon? and has one spot left(Mar1?) and I presume Victor is picking you up and Techiyo? Try to bring Balus and Sheep or anyone else interested.

Housing wise, Stroumbert''s car probably getting housed by PNDmike. Victor's car at his 2nd residence(mom house forgot?) and SG car most likely renting that super cheap hotel(70$ for a night)

Yeah, it would be nice if Balus came. I wonder what the last person will be in Victor's car. Whoever that person is.... Victor will NOT pick you up at the metro, that person will need to take the bus to my place or something. That's VERY easy and that person could just follow Techiyo since he did it before.

Oh and Holy, your jokes are boring and REALLY bad so be quiet next time.

PND

Smash Champion
Housing wise, Stroumbert''s car probably getting housed by PNDmike.
Sounds good on this end.

FYI, my roommates are Knuckles, Haze, HiDef, and Zylem. So yeah, you guys will be among friends (smashers).

If you guys need my cell phone number, just PM me.

Oh, we have cats. Are any of you guys allergic?

@Joe, Tinaye:
Thanks for offering to help guys. I <3 y'all. Joe, I sent you a PM answering what the job is about. I'm keeping it kind of secret for now, just because *if* I get it (Big if) I want to have super epic exciting news for the community.

Top Bottom