• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
If he's grab spamming, just thunderstomp. You MUST be familiar with Olimar's moves so you can focus on what he is doing and act accordingly. The strategy against Gaylimar is to gimp with tipman as early as possible since he has a tether-recovery.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yea.. Send Olimar at a low trajectory and edgehog him.
Approach him diagonaly.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
My question here is how can Ganon approach and stand a chance against Snake? To be specific, how can a Ganon player approach a Snake efficiently and how can he act defensively against Snake's many tactics?

:034:

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait

Approaching diagonally is also a pretty stupid idea. A grounded Up B will intercept you easily. Or I guess Olimar could jump back and fair..

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait

Approaching diagonally is also a pretty stupid idea. A grounded Up B will intercept you easily. Or I guess Olimar could jump back and fair..
Olis Up+B is pretty laggy/risky compared to his other attacks, I don't think he'll spam it.

But Fair.. yea I guess ;/

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait

More likely to get utilt or usmashed, I would think. Or even worse, you don't get close enough with the sh and get grabbed anyway, or Oli grabs you when you land in front of him... though maybe in that case you could buffer jab. I'll try stomping past grab next time I play, but I think i've tried that before...

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
dair approach doesn't work like 99% of the time... so it seems hitting him coming back from the ledge is my best bet.

Another question, what's the input for ledgedrop to stage aerials? I can't seem to get it for the life of me.

TP

Smash Master
Is it worth doing research on the "Murder quake"?
No. It is the worst move ever. Not kidding.

Another question, what's the input for ledgedrop to stage aerials? I can't seem to get it for the life of me.
This is hard to teach. Practice makes perfect, except when trying a Fair. In that case, practice makes about 50% chance. Just drop and immediately jump and do the aerial and push in the direction of the stage. It is very easy to do with Dair, though it is worthless with a Dair. Start with that. All of them can be done except Nair, IIRC.

Sticky now plz

kthxbai
I don't feel this thread currently deserves a sticky. It very well may in the future, but not quite yet.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
dair approach doesn't work like 99% of the time... so it seems hitting him coming back from the ledge is my best bet.

I've been spending a lot of time working on all of the options ledge->stage. I made a thread about it a while ago, but here's what I've got now. I'm working on getting it down to a science.

If you've been playing ganon a long time, I'm sure you've got a pretty nice understanding of the difference between tilting and "smashing" the control stick. I say "smash" here for lack of a better term, but what I mean is the input you'd use to input a smash attack: a quick, well-intentioned directional input on your control stick.

Say you're hanging off the left side of the stage. To do, for instance, an Air Dodge onto the stage, you're going to extremely gently tilt the control stick left (away from the ledge) and immediately smash diagonally up+right at 45 degrees into the stage while tapping Y and Z almost simultaneously to air dodge. Ganon will sort of "pop" onto the stage after he pushes into the ledge for a few frames during the Air Dodge if you do this right.

My new favorite ledge hop aerial tactic was mentioned to me by Z1GMA in a PM last week (Thanks buddy!). Same scenario: you're hanging off the left side of the stage. Tilt left and then smash up+right into the stage while sliding your thumb from Y to A to perform a UAir onto the stage. The reason this ledge hop is so exciting to me is because it freaking autocancels when you land so you can immediately follow it up with another attack. AMAZING.

The two examples above are just to give you the basic gist of ledge hopping your aerials. You can do it with any aerial. I feel your pain, man. It took me a good bit of practice to understand the physics of how this works. You will need to focus on the drastic difference between your tilt and your "smash" into the stage for DI. The tilt should be incredibly subtle - just barely enough to make you back ledge drop without DIing away from the stage AT ALL - and your "smash" into the stage should be very intentional. You need to get really good at your DI in order to do it consistently.

Dear mah Ganon boyz: get better at ledge hop aerials. Our ledge game is pretty stinking bad, and if we can get better at ACed ledge hop UAirs, we'll be in business. :lick:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Glad you liked it, DAD..
________

Is the ledge sweetspot responsible for canceling the lag?

I've also been able to AC bair -> stage, but it's pretty hard.

All of them can be done except Nair
Don't wanna be picky.. but Nair CAN be done -> stage.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Just a normal Question:

My WiFi freaks out

my friends cantjoin my room

and i cant join their rooms

and IF it works its totally laggy

its since today

And they have the same problems with other guys too ._.

not a ganon question but just a question :X

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info, DAD. I'd been using down instead, tilting away should help.

quick question, is it possible to dacus with ganon?

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
this may be a stupid question, but still a question.

im currently just starting up with Ganon and wondering which air ability is best for momentum cancel

i usually just fair or bair depending where the stage is. anything more effective?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
this may be a stupid question, but still a question.

im currently just starting up with Ganon and wondering which air ability is best for momentum cancel

i usually just fair or bair depending where the stage is. anything more effective?
Nair. After that, fastfall or whatever to get back. Just don't get hit again.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When someones shield breaks near the ledge, Utilt can push them down if you're close to them, While they're still in the air... pretty cool though it's VERY situational and WP is a better option most of the times. lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like threads like these.

Make it useful.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Back aerial can auto cancel, but I've yet to find much point to it. All that happens when I use it is I miss, and if I use it late enough in the jump for it to hit, then it's blocked more often than not, and I don't get the auto cancel. So is there a use to it?

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Hylian I gotta say its pretty lame you closed the chat thread. It serves a purpose no other thread here does, namely, chatting about stuff that isn't integral to Ganon's metagame, but is helpful to Ganon mains as a way to get to know one another and facilitate more fluid discourse on this board. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I gotta let my piece known.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I have a question. Back aerial can auto cancel, but I've yet to find much point to it. All that happens when I use it is I miss, and if I use it late enough in the jump for it to hit, then it's blocked more often than not, and I don't get the auto cancel. So is there a use to it?
Using it as an Aerial->Air attack instead of an Aerial->Ground attack makes more sense a lot of the time. I use this attack to stage spike a lot, also. WKC->BAir is SO satisfying and can kill at really early percents because it's usually fresh.

Hylian I gotta say its pretty lame you closed the chat thread. It serves a purpose no other thread here does, namely, chatting about stuff that isn't integral to Ganon's metagame, but is helpful to Ganon mains as a way to get to know one another and facilitate more fluid discourse on this board. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I gotta let my piece known.
QFT

Zerxion

Smash Apprentice
This

also, I still can't get ledgedrop to stage down... I've done exactly what DAD's post said to do on 1/4 speed. When I do it I can only get up to Ganon's waist above the stage. (doing airdodge)

I suppose you can't make it any more clear. :ohwell:

Smash Hero
Word up.

I got why the "Retreating Thunderstorm into Stutterstep Fsmash" thread was closed though. XD At least I didn't get infractions for spammy threads. :3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Would you rather I go back through it and infract you all for spam instead? I'm pretty sure almost all of you would be banned.

Can you tell me how a chat thread would be better then a Social Group? You can accomplish the same thing with a Social group without breaking the forum rules or attracting spam. You don't need to know the people you are talking to if you want fluid discussion and honestly thats a really weak argument. Chat topics just attract spam and you can just make a Social Group to accomplish the same thing if you wanted.

TP

Smash Master
Would you rather I go back through it and infract you all for spam instead? I'm pretty sure almost all of you would be banned.

Can you tell me how a chat thread would be better then a Social Group? You can accomplish the same thing with a Social group without breaking the forum rules or attracting spam. You don't need to know the people you are talking to if you want fluid discussion and honestly thats a really weak argument. Chat topics just attract spam and you can just make a Social Group to accomplish the same thing if you wanted.
Everyone was really nice to each other in that thread. Nicer community = more inviting to new Ganons. The more Ganons we have, the quicker the metagame advances.

Of course, I rearely posted in it anyway, so I don't know why I'm complaining. :laugh:

Lex Crunch: I never approach with Bair. It just doesn't work for me. You aren't the only one.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman

Well a chat thread is better in that it is more easily accessible, and would reach a broader audience than a social group. But there's no real point to going back and forth on the pros and cons of each one, I didn't even know social groups existed until you mentioned them, I'll check them out.

And this is in no offense to you, Hylian, I like your work in general, you really helped to clean up the Samus boards with the removal of all those stickys and the addition of Xyro's big thread. I guess maybe we should start a Samus/Ganon social group now - "Samus vs. Ganon: The Greatest Matchup Ever Made"

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=636

Hylian you still playing Samus? You're on the boards a lot as an admin, but I'd like to see some vids or something too.

Smash Hero

Because these Social Groups take so many clicks and are overall just very... obscure. A thread is much more easily accessed since there's no going around it - it's on your boards, taking your attention. Not to mention that a lot more people randomly check out a character board and find a thread to their liking.

And, some people's natures might refrain them from joining a group and/or posting often in it. Personally, I like these kind of slow-paced threads where you can post whenever you want and still be relevant because only a few posts have been made.

I'm actually in about 3 social groups, but I never post in them for these reasons - and just plain forgetting about them.

But really, because of the rules, Social Groups will always have the ever existent pro of 'following the rules'. >_>

And, for us Ganondorf mains, it sort of broke apart the whole "Ganondorf mains are jerks" thing that has been going around for a while.

Finally, breaking the rules is fun.

row row fight da powa

EDIT: Oh and you can't do any of the options given to you in normal threads, such as changing your font, font size, making numbered and unnumbered lists, putting things on the right, left or center, code/PHP/HTML tags, spoilers, wiki tag and the stripe, my favorite besides the image one.

Oh and you can't quote. n__n Sure, you can type @ but...

hyperstation

Smash Lord
This

also, I still can't get ledgedrop to stage down... I've done exactly what DAD's post said to do on 1/4 speed. When I do it I can only get up to Ganon's waist above the stage. (doing airdodge)

I suppose you can't make it any more clear. :ohwell:
I've got a new input method which works really well for the Ledgegrab->AD->Stage, but I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of it all. I'm gonna make a thread soon about some of the new stuff I'm working on from the ledge. Hang in there, homie.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well a chat thread is better in that it is more easily accessible, and would reach a broader audience than a social group. But there's no real point to going back and forth on the pros and cons of each one, I didn't even know social groups existed until you mentioned them, I'll check them out.

And this is in no offense to you, Hylian, I like your work in general, you really helped to clean up the Samus boards with the removal of all those stickys and the addition of Xyro's big thread. I guess maybe we should start a Samus/Ganon social group now - "Samus vs. Ganon: The Greatest Matchup Ever Made"

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=636

Hylian you still playing Samus? You're on the boards a lot as an admin, but I'd like to see some vids or something too.
I post videos all the time. In the past week I've posted a video of my Diddy vs Xyro's samus and two of my GW vs Sethlons Falco. I also post another IC chaingrab.

I don't play samus very much, but still play around with her.

TP

Smash Master
I have three closely related questions.

1) I recently hacked my Wii for Brawl+, which is pretty disappointing. The point is, I found a hack that slows the game speed however you want. I know that one-twentieth is possible, and I'm pretty sure one-sixtieth is possible (one frame per second). Will using this and a stopwatch yield accurate frame data?

2) Would anyone be interested in seeing the frame data and range of every getup attack? It would be useful for following the Choke. Even if the frame data idea isn't good, I could still test range. The point is, I don't want to spend hours compiling this data if nobody will care. :ohwell:

3) Is there anything else you really want frame data for? If my method works, I'll certainly go through the whole moveset, but what else do you want?

EDIT: Actually, I think a better code is currently in the works which will allow me to get precise frame data, so the method mentioned in #1 may be unnecessary.

Top Bottom