• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Approaching methods?
I find it hard to approach with ganon...
Don't, but if you have to, a BDCed SHAD will probably do the trick. If your enemy doesn't have a projectile, then Dtilt will serve you in good stead for ground spacing, and Uair will serve for aerial spacing. One of my favorite tricks is to catch somebody in a retreating aerial with Wizkick.

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
well, i officially considered ganon my brawl main after i looked in records and my most used shifted to the dorf himself. and 4 sum reason, no matter how many times i try, i CANNOT get this ****ed flight of ganon 2 werk!! i must have seen a million vids and threads on how 2 do it, and it seems that im doing everything perfectly, but im not getting any satisfying results. altho i did manage 2 do flight of mario. ;)

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not sure how much help I can offer since you've seen all the vids and whatnot but personally I've found them slightly misleading.

First of all you can do the FoG by doing the wizardfoot rollout onto the stage and then mashing jump and b while holding down.

But that's not very practical so I'd skip that one all together.

For the more practical version that you can use anywhere there is solid ground what you do is this:

1. Double-jump. Don't use your second jump too close to the ground or you won't get the height required to perform actions after the upcoming airdodge.

2. Immediately after using your second jump, airdodge so that you rise as you dodge.

3. Right before you hit the ground, jump.

(If you jump with the little second-jump rings before you hit the ground you have the timing right, so it's good to practice this with just jumping.)

4. Immediately after jumping from the ground, use downb.

It does take practice so you will screw up several times.
Just practice with jumping for a while then insert downb's when you get the rhythm.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Hey, I have been brawling Gleam for a while, and I was wondering who the best gannon is (skill wise) that is willing to brawl me over the ****ty network we call nintendo wi-fi.

I use jigglypuff, and I can brawl tomorow around 4:00 eastern time. I live in NJ, and have good connection.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Is ****** gleam that boring that you want to fight the best?
Lol, no. Gleam is a difficult opponent, and he showed me what a smart gannon plays like. However the matchup is in jigglypuff's favor (I think it's like 60:40), and I want to see what a VERY good gannon plays like.
Trust me its far from ****, lol.
o rly? We both had our share of **** xD.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Lol, no. Gleam is a difficult opponent, and he showed me what a smart gannon plays like. However the matchup is in jigglypuff's favor (I think it's like 60:40), and I want to see what a VERY good gannon plays like.

o rly? We both had our share of **** xD.
Look up DAD. Or Kalm. He ***** online, with godlike reactions (I don't know how he does it).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
He won the first 2 matches, while I won the last 6. Wonderful Jigglypuff. Jiggs may actually be a neutral match-up for us, thus our best.

TP

Smash Master
IIRC, there was a thread with a video in it showing Ganon grabbing MK from the ledge while he did a Flame Choke while on the stage, anybody know where it is or am I mistaken?
Ganon can do an aerial murder choke toward the side and hit lots of characters who are hanging on the ledge. 6 characters, including MK, will die from it if you are the correct distance away. There are like 10 more characters for which both of you will die. If you miss and you started too close, you will die, so do not try this until you know the correct distance. I do not remember the name of the thread.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can do an aerial murder choke toward the side and hit lots of characters who are hanging on the ledge. 6 characters, including MK, will die from it if you are the correct distance away. There are like 10 more characters for which both of you will die. If you miss and you started too close, you will die, so do not try this until you know the correct distance. I do not remember the name of the thread.
like 8 of them are possible I think, but it's completely recoverable. maybe if they're not expecting it it might kill, but you can technically recover.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Im thinking about picking up Ganon due to him being one of teh funnest characters in the game. (Now I wont go competetive with him, thats for my Oli XD) So, what are Ganons basic basics?

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, Im thinking about picking up Ganon due to him being one of teh funnest characters in the game. (Now I wont go competetive with him, thats for my Oli XD) So, what are Ganons basic basics?
I LOVE your username.

Use Uair a lot, learn to thunderstorm, get a basic knowledge of the murder choke followups, and read How to Murder Stuff.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I LOVE your username.

Use Uair a lot, learn to thunderstorm, get a basic knowledge of the murder choke followups, and read How to Murder Stuff.
Hahaha Thanks man :laugh: so Uair eh? I noticed thats his best move. Good priority, knockback, SPEED. :laugh: K, gonna go check that guide now.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
He can start a ganoncide, hit the lava, and the victim goes plummeting through the lava as Ganondorf bounces off. :D

That's all I know.

TP

Smash Master
How good does Ganondorf do on Norfair? How does he control the stage?
Uair, followed by Uair, followed by reverse Uair, followed by a Fair, followed by no less than 10 more Uairs. Usmash also does well and I find the shape of the stage to be helpful with setting up aerial Wizkicks.

But mainly use Uair.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Here's my question.

I keep seeing Ganon's dashdancing as a mindgame, or something like that. I can't figure out how to do one besides taking my right hand and palming the control stick back and forth.
:dizzy:

So, my question is, how do you guys do it and is there a way I can learn/use it as a genuine tactic?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Where do you see it as a mindgame? Every time I see a ganon doing it, they get smacked while doing it or otherwise do something predictable like dash attack (often in the wrong direction lulz) or a smash. The smash is alright since dancing stutters it but I don't see how you can pull anything tricky out of that mess.

As for doing it, it just takes finger practice. Don't do the palm thing or it'll be harder to break away from that habit. You can't do junk with your whole hand on the analog.

Bottom line = don't bother trying unless you enjoy watching ganon move stupidly fast nowhere.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Well, Slack used it against me, it shocked me for a split second, allowing him to get a few hits in.

Thanks. :D

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
Well I'm not sure how much help I can offer since you've seen all the vids and whatnot but personally I've found them slightly misleading.

First of all you can do the FoG by doing the wizardfoot rollout onto the stage and then mashing jump and b while holding down.

But that's not very practical so I'd skip that one all together.

For the more practical version that you can use anywhere there is solid ground what you do is this:

1. Double-jump. Don't use your second jump too close to the ground or you won't get the height required to perform actions after the upcoming airdodge.

2. Immediately after using your second jump, airdodge so that you rise as you dodge.

3. Right before you hit the ground, jump.

(If you jump with the little second-jump rings before you hit the ground you have the timing right, so it's good to practice this with just jumping.)

4. Immediately after jumping from the ground, use downb.

It does take practice so you will screw up several times.
Just practice with jumping for a while then insert downb's when you get the rhythm.
hmmm, well i managed to get edge edge 1 werking, thnx 4 that, and now im practice spamming till i figure it out. thnx a bunch.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Dunno in which thread i have to post it. I will just take this one

I had some very nice teammatches 10 minutes ago

As i died the second time, i thought i rejump, and reverse warlock punch

what happened?

Luigi used his sideb from the right side, it was this fail explosion, he flown into my warlock punch

the other enemy Link, has done shorthop airdodge but the warlock punch connected

my teammate which was a Mk just randomly jumped into my warlock punch

ORGASM

Warlock Punched 3 people

Gif will be done soon.

:034:

Smash Hero
That gif made me spill my manly goo all over the desk.

("I came" wasn't long enough and I didn't want to do 10char again)

@HomE

Smash Ace
Thats a sick gif, just yesterday I had a team match where I got a total of 4 Warlock punches, the first two were pretty sweet but the last one was sick. it was 2 zeldas vs 2 Ganons :) and it came to 2 Ganons vs 1 zelda and we were kinda getting tossed a little bit, everyone had one stock left and both me and my teammate ganon were at 100%+ and zelda was around 40%. we started getting a little nervous that we would somehow loose, then my teammate gets a grab while I was in the air and i drop from the sky and reverse WP both of them FTW. it looked pretty hawt.. so i just thought i would share :)

stRIP

Smash Ace
That gif made me spill my manly goo all over the desk.

("I came" wasn't long enough and I didn't want to do 10char again)
ololollloool

you just made me lol

If we will ever going on with the Ganon boards tierlist (hello salty, our social group) i want to have a title like "Best Warlockpuncher" for this gif.

srsly

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I have a triple kill warlock punch hanging around too but it's not as good since it's ffa and doesn't kill a teammate or end the game. Though it does ultimately win me the game. Not sure if it's worth showing though, I'll take another look at it.

TP

Smash Master
I was fighting a Zelda with my Ganon. the Zelda was at 30% when she decided to transform. I was like "***** don't play with me" and Warlock Punched her as soon as she was done transforming. After she respawned, she turned back to Zelda. She got the point.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Right i'm sorry if this has been asked already but im way to tired to read atm iv just started super gannon jumping i can do the roll canceled one no probs but not the other can i ask wat your guys controller set ups are to make the alternative method easyier?

Top Bottom