• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Exalted

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding FoG.
Since it's about using it when you're about to land, couldn't you just FoG out of a regular short hop, disregarding the ridiculous timing?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I have a question regarding FoG.
Since it's about using it when you're about to land, couldn't you just FoG out of a regular short hop, disregarding the ridiculous timing?
I believe the FoG is about buffering the two specific inputs (jump + down-B) as you're landing, so you have to find a way to perform some sort of action while you're in the air so that you can buffer what you need to get the FoG off. Theoretically we should be able to do this from an attack, but no one's ever done it yet, so it might or might not be possible.

As for the short-hop, I don't think we can perform any action that gives us enough frames to buffer a FoG.

Exalted

Smash Lord
I believe the FoG is about buffering the two specific inputs (jump + down-B) as you're landing, so you have to find a way to perform some sort of action while you're in the air so that you can buffer what you need to get the FoG off. Theoretically we should be able to do this from an attack, but no one's ever done it yet, so it might or might not be possible.

As for the short-hop, I don't think we can perform any action that gives us enough frames to buffer a FoG.
Ah, thanks for the answer Clai.
I also realised my question should've been in the Q&A thread.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
GGs Verm. You're really good at reading people and at gimping with ledge drop Uairs. I wonder how could I Powershield so consistently despite the input lag, maybe cause I still have no access to offline play.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Smashhhh

You're definitely a great Ganon. No doubt about that. Your general skills are very good, DI, PSing, etc. But while you implement a basic playstyle very, very well, what I noticed is that you have a, as mentioned before, basic playstyle. You didn't seem to use much bair, nair, dtilt or have a thoroughly intimate knowledge of Ganons follow-ups and capabilities. You did definitely have an above-average knowledge in several areas, but there were a good few that seemed unpolished.

You're definitely what I'd say would be high-tier material, but to advance more as Ganon, you'd need to develop a playstyle that complements all of Ganon's moves and to learn good ways to overwhelm, bait and combo.

Edit: Yeah, I was amazed with your PSing lol. I'm the opposite, I have a lot of offline access, so PSing is a lot harder for me online. Still impressive though. For someone who is exclusively online, you don't have many bad habits.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I agree. I still suck at reading people, but I don't play many people who are really good at it as I most often try to avoid Americans because of the lag. And I still need to learn to adapt faster to the opponent's playstyle than I can with my current skill. And yeah, I do worry about how I play on wifi, I do try to avoid any over-abuse of wifi.

Exalted

Smash Lord
It's Sunday here! MUAHAHAHA!

On a slightly more important point, anyone noticed that you can FoG diagonally upwards?

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Lol xD

Btw Reim, do you have time to do some Ganon dittos? Haven't fought you yet!
I second that, Reim. We must play when you have the chance!
Zomg, challenges. Well, good news is that I finally got my TV back. Bad news is that I lost a lot of skill, due to not being able to play.
But I will do a lot of practicing to regain my former skill!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm active too, I'm just on vacation so I was gone for a week and will be for another week.
Thats not a big problem right?

I'll get back into the boards when I'm back.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Didn't a few people (I thought it was DAD and Z1gma) manage to FoG out of a Uair at one point when it was first discovered?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
On a slightly more important point, anyone noticed that you can FoG diagonally upwards?
Yeah, it's old news, but so much fun to do. FoG'ing across the stage is so satisfying.

Didn't a few people (I thought it was DAD and Z1gma) manage to FoG out of a Uair at one point when it was first discovered?
If they have, they've never shown proof nor have they followed it up. The reason I'm doubtful about it is because even though there are several SJR setups that you can do using Ganon's aerials, we haven't been able to perform a FoG out of these setups (as FoG is virtually a glitched SJR). I mean, it may be doable, but nobody has been able to demonstrate it.

Exalted

Smash Lord
My presence here have enraged the goddesses and they have now summoned a furious rainstorm to try and quench my evil ambitions. They will fail.

Yeah...it rains alot right now.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I want to believe I did it, but, tbh I don't even remember if I really pulled it off anylonger.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I was trying to get a copy of Brawl tonight, but no place was open and Walmart didn't have Brawl. >=[

:034:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sorry, Tero lol. I just now saw your post. I dunno if you're still there, but if anyone who wants to play reads this, let's play!

Reim

Smash Journeyman
So yeah. Thought I might as well do one of those introductions.

"I live in the shadows,
I stroll under the faded sky.
The nightmare who came to life,
The monster under the bed.
I lover the curtains of darkness,
as I watch the pityful mortals shiver in fear.
Don't waste your prayers, because they won't be heard.

Besides that I'm a guy who just likes to chill and have a nice talk with people. I'm from Denmark, a place where the smash community is extremely small, which results in a lot of not-that-skilled-players.
I mainly use Bloodorf, and I don't really sleep.

And also: I'm a smoker. Get at me."

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs, Tero. I'm gonna take a break for a few lol. Terrific as always. You definitely belong in the top.

Top Bottom