• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Gardevoir~ Most Awesome Shield-Caster Ever. Or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seriously though. This isn't even worth 'speculating'. It's been confirmed, and she's in a Pokeball..
Who are you to decide what is worth speculating and what isn't?

Seriously, if you're not interested in speculating about Gardevoir then please go to a thread that's purpose isn't speculating about Gardevoir. It's really that simple.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Who are you to decide what is worth speculating and what isn't?

Seriously, if you're not interested in speculating about Gardevoir then please go to a thread that's purpose isn't speculating about Gardevoir. It's really that simple.
I'm sayin because it's stupid and worthless. She will never be a playable character now because she is in a Pokeball, it's really that simple.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ouch. Owned.

Well, back to speculating about Gardevoir.

Technically, since we live in an observably infinite universe (even though it can seem, at times, finite), then there is even the smallest sliver of a chance that Gardevoir could make it into Brawl, even if she was deconfirmed as a Pokeball.

However, I tend to think linearly in this regard, so to me, she's pretty much done for.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm sayin because it's stupid and worthless. She will never be a playable character now because she is in a Pokeball, it's really that simple.
Again, what gives you the right to decide if it's stupid and worthless, even if it is highly unlikely that she will become a playable character?

Arguably spending time playing video games is just as worthless, yet people like to do it, who are you to tell them that they can't just because you think it's worthless.

People also like to discuss alternative history, which could never possibly happen because history already happened, yet who are you to say that they can't.

You only ultimately have control over yourself, so why waste your life spoiling people's fun, something which doesn't make anyone happy, so probably far more worthless then what if for something that could've happened, or is unlikely to happen.

And don't bring up the impossible versus highly improbable debate again....

RDK

Smash Hero
Adumbrodus is correct in the assumption that words like "stupid" and "worthless" are merely subjective statements.

People also like to discuss alternative history, which could never possibly happen because history already happened, yet who are you to say that they can't.
Your statement is true in the sense that OUR single line of history can never be alternate, but our line of history could be a stem, or subset, coming out from changes in another line's history, or line. Kind of like a "multi-verse", or "infinite parallel universes" theory kind of thing.

KK.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Again, what gives you the right to decide if it's stupid and worthless, even if it is highly unlikely that she will become a playable character?

Arguably spending time playing video games is just as worthless, yet people like to do it, who are you to tell them that they can't just because you think it's worthless.

You only ultimately have control over yourself, so why waste your life spoiling people's fun, something which doesn't make anyone happy, so probably far more worthless then what if for something that could've happened, or is unlikely to happen.

Exactly that.

That isn't the same, I'm talking about something that's pointless to talk about because it's already been proven otherwise.

Again, that's not what I'm talking about, there's a difference of talking about what could have happened and what could and might happen.

Lol wtf are you talking about? You're making it sound way different than it already is. Why waste life trying to talk about something that won't happen?

I just came in and said she's a Pokeball and deconfirmed, and it's stupid to think that she'll still be a playable character.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Exactly that.

That isn't the same, I'm talking about something that's pointless to talk about because it's already been proven otherwise.

Again, that's not what I'm talking about, there's a difference of talking about what could have happened and what could and might happen.
Nothing is pointless if enjoyed, enjoyment is a point in and of itself, irregardless of any status of the activity involved.

Lol wtf are you talking about? You're making it sound way different than it already is. Why waste life trying to talk about something that won't happen?
Why waste your life spoiling for people it who enjoy it?

As long as it's not illegal there really is no point in spoiling people's fun.

Sure, it's not gonna happen in all probability, but if they like it, why should you care, and why waste your life, not even having your own fun, but spoiling other peoples' fun?

I just came in and said she's a Pokeball and deconfirmed, and it's stupid to think that she'll still be a playable character.
Again, I point to the entire debate above, where it was established that there is no proof that a pokeball is deconfirmation, and only precedent says this which is not an absolute rule of the system, equating to a low chance, not impossibility (aka deconfirmation).

Again, do not bring that debate up again, it has been positively discussed to death, unless you have an official statement equating deconfirmations and being a pokeball just drop it.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is pointless if enjoyed, enjoyment is a point in and of itself, irregardless of any status of the activity involved.

Why waste your life spoiling for people it who enjoy it?

As long as it's not illegal there really is no point in spoiling people's fun.

Sure, it's not gonna happen in all probability, but if they like it, why should you care, and why waste your life, not even having your own fun, but spoiling other peoples' fun?

Again, I point to the entire debate above, where it was established that there is no proof that a pokeball is deconfirmation, and only precedent says this which is not an absolute rule of the system, equating to a low chance, not impossibility (aka deconfirmation).

Again, do not bring that debate up again, it has been positively discussed to death, unless you have an official statement equating deconfirmations and being a pokeball just drop it.
But see the thing is, you don't do it because you enjoy it, you do it because you want Gardevoir in the game and you want to prove others wrong.

I waste life? I don't see where you come up with this, it's 10pm weekday, I'm multi tasking with Myspace and instant messangers and listening to music, anything you do can be a waste of life, you're posting just as much as me. As long as it's not illegal? There's no point in spoiling anyone elses fun period with your logic.

What if I took "joy" into debating about something with a bunch of brick walls?

Pokeball is deconfirmation of a playable character. Why would Sakurai do that? It minus' value and diversity. Don't bring the debate of why Gardevoir is deconfirmed? Why? Do you realize it's true and you don't want to talk about it?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But see the thing is, you don't do it because you enjoy it, you do it because you want Gardevoir in the game and you want to prove others wrong.
Lol. yeah, shows how much you've been reading.

Gardevoir is an interesting character but nowhere near the top of my list, plus from almost the beginning I qualified my statement as saying that she would not be in, unless by some miracle her one in a million chance came up.

How do you make the jump from "she has an enormously low chance of being in" to "she's gonna be in", because that's what you straw-manned me as.
I waste life? I don't see where you come up with this, it's 10pm weekday, I'm multi tasking with Myspace and instant messangers and listening to music, anything you do can be a waste of life, you're posting just as much as me. As long as it's not illegal? There's no point in spoiling anyone elses fun period with your logic.
Yes, but I'm enjoying it, something you don't seem to be, you just seem to be frustrated.

As far as illegal, generally because them doing it spoils either your time or somebody else's time. I'm sure you can derive my stance on victimless crimes from this.

But you're the one who started calling what people did pointless, my only point here is that you're wrong, it's not pointless if people enjoy it.

What if I took "joy" into debating about something with a bunch of brick walls?
Well, if you do, then have fun, but then we'd just have to ignore you so it would become pointless in order to protect our fun, well not really mine, but other people's.

Pokeball is deconfirmation of a playable character. Why would Sakurai do that? It minus' value and diversity. Don't bring the debate of why Gardevoir is deconfirmed? Why? Do you realize it's true and you don't want to talk about it?
Actually those (and others, such as lack of precedent) are why the chance is very low. You don't have to convince me of this, I already know and did since the pokeball was revealed in the demo.

That said, I have already discussed this to death as have others. If you can bring some new information to the table, then fine, I'll gladly continue, at this point however, every possible argument has been rehashed countless times and still nobody has come up with a firm logical argument as to why pokeballs are deconfirmation.

They came up with plenty of firm logical arguments why a character in a pokeball is unlikely to appear (as a pc) in the game, but nothing that proves that it makes appearance impossible as playable character.

So again, I'll respond if you bring up something that is new and relevant, look at the rest of the thread to see what was already discussed. Until then, I chose not to respond to any points in regards to this particular tangent.

Only adumbrodeus seems to think Garde is still playable material.
Let me qualify that, there are others, but nobody thinks she will actually appear in brawl.

We just recognize that pokeball=deconfirmation preconception is not grounded in any official statements so there is a very very slim chance she will be a pc.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Gardevoir is an interesting character but nowhere near the top of my list, plus from almost the beginning I qualified my statement as saying that she would not be in, unless by some miracle her one in a million chance came up.

How do you make the jump from "she has an enormously low chance of being in" to "she's gonna be in", because that's what you straw-manned me as.

Yes, but I'm enjoying it, something you don't seem to be, you just seem to be frustrated.

As far as illegal, generally because them doing it spoils either your time or somebody else's time. I'm sure you can derive my stance on victimless crimes from this.

But you're the one who started calling what people did pointless, my only point here is that you're wrong, it's not pointless if people enjoy it.

Well, if you do, then have fun, but then we'd just have to ignore you so it would become pointless in order to protect our fun, well not really mine, but other people's.

Actually those (and others, such as lack of precedent) are why the chance is very low. You don't have to convince me of this, I already know and did since the pokeball was revealed in the demo.

That said, I have already discussed this to death as have others. If you can bring some new information to the table, then fine, I'll gladly continue, at this point however, every possible argument has been rehashed countless times and still nobody has come up with a firm logical argument as to why pokeballs are deconfirmation.

They came up with plenty of firm logical arguments why a character in a pokeball is unlikely to appear (as a pc) in the game, but nothing that proves that it makes appearance impossible as playable character.

So again, I'll respond if you bring up something that is new and relevant, look at the rest of the thread to see what was already discussed. Until then, I chose not to respond to any points in regards to this particular tangent.

Let me qualify that, there are others, but nobody thinks she will actually appear in brawl.

We just recognize that pokeball=deconfirmation preconception is not grounded in any official statements so there is a very very slim chance she will be a pc.
instead of going through all of this why dont you say"I dont think gardevoir will be playable, because of the pokebal treatment, her/its chances are almost nothing"?

Duality

Smash Journeyman

I didn't mean you litterally, I meant it as the general Gardevoir fanboys.

I never said she would be in it, because she never will be as a PC, where did you get that idea?

I'm not frusterated.

I'm wrong for what? You never know, I could be enjoying this, I could not. It's debate.

Bottom line, using the similar logic as the icon theory and similar theories, a PC has never been a PC and in a Pokeball, therefor she's deconfirmed, which makes it stupid to talk about unless you take joy in dreaming about your 'precious', 'beautiful', and 'graceful' Gardevoir, hahahaha go for it.. it's still stupid.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...heh. A fetish.
I suppose then that Picasso had a cube fetish. And that anyone who hangs pictures of landscapes on their walls has some sort of landscape fetish. And that anyone who thinks their pet is cute wants to **** it. And... goddammit.
The idea that people as dumb as you exist makes me want to puke.

Brawlman, let's quickly come up with some sort of end to this. It sickens me to know that pieces of **** like that have done this to something that I used to take pride in.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"A Final Message:
This message goes out to any and all supporters and people who kept this thread alive and healthy.
I'd like to thank you for being here. I know that this is exaggeratedly sappy and everything, but, hey, I just get attached to the things I create.
And this was a thread about something that felt like it sprang right out of my mind. I don't know about you, but if she had been playable, I would have felt like one of my very own creations were part of the possibly best game ever... Alas, she makes a cameo, so I still have Young Link to look forward to. That's fine, too.

I know some of you probably still wish she had made it, but that's just the way it goes.
It was fun talking to you afterwards still, until we were interrupted by some who apparently don't understand such sentiments.
There were flames, and I unfortunately participated in them. That was not supposed to happen.
Someone said that Gardevoir supporters are some of the most mature around... and I have to agree. Apparently there are some who have a rather narrow definition of what "mature" means. But in the end, there is nothing we can do against that.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to remain an example of this maturity and lowered myself out of hate, which probably greatly accelerated the demise of this thread. I'll try to learn from this.

So... what is left to say.
Should the impossible happen, we can rejoice.
But for now, let's relax and remember that this is a video game we are talking about. The people we are communicating with, however, are real. And I'd like to thank those real people who have showed common sense and respect, whether they have anything to do with this thread or not.

I would also like to apologize to the flamers. Even if they do not deserve it.
I lost control over myself and this matter could possibly have been more easily resolved if I had kept a cool head.
I do know that Gardevoir will not be playable in the game.
I like the character because of its design. I do not feel sexually attracted to her.
If there is still anything you find objectionable, I cannot help you.

Anyway, let's bring this to an end, eh?

Good night, Gardy.
See you February the 10th!

*cue Remembrance by Bobby McFerrin*"

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, this thread has just become a cesspool for spam and flame. Gardevoir's not a playable character, she's a pokeball Pokemon, and there's no chance of her being playable. That's the long and skinny of it. While I technically suppose you *could* talk about move sets if she were to be a playable character in the game, there's too much of a love/hate rivalry going on in here to allow for such a thread.

Sorry Gardevoir fans, you'll just have to be content with knowing that she's at least in the game pokeball form. There's always D/P discussions in the PokeCenter.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Updated with a good-bye message from Fawriel, per request. Read two posts up, chi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom