• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
3.) free will/being genetic/happening naturally- The free will situation is so that we are given free will to obey or disobey the laws that are set before us. Adam and Eve had their perfection taken away from them because they CHOSE to disobey God. It's much like you have free will to do your work at school, but you may not. What is the result? Well, you fail. You have free will to decide that you want to murder a person...what is the result? You get punished. The religion DOES promote free will, in saying that they aren't FORCING you to stay. They aren't FORCING you to learn. It's your free will.

A person has free will to do things that are natural and aren't. Tihs also includes homosexuality. There's a guy who said he went that route because he didn't like how it made his member smell afterwards. That's a choice, and not something that's genetic. Are you saying that if a person has anger problems that run in their genes, it's natural for them to give in to fits of anger at whim? No...they make a CHOICE to be an angry person. I've got bad tempers that run all around my family, and yet, I'm the most patient among them, and other people wonder how I'm even as patient as I am. It's because I CHOOSE to not give into the anger that's there. A person has Asthma that runs in their family and they get it. Do they just give in, and accept it? No...people CHOOSE to let asthma limit them. While other people CHOOSE to push past it. People CHOOSE to become Homosexual because the choose to let their surroundings influence their lives.

Quote:
Dr. Alan Sanders of Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, the lead researcher of the new study, said he suspects there isn’t one so-called “gay gene.”

It is more likely there are several genes that interact with nongenetic factors, including psychological and social influences, to determine sexual orientation, said Sanders, a psychiatrist.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21309724/
source
Bold: I don't think you understand what these influences you mention are. They aren't like your friend trying to convince you to smoke. You don't notice them, you don't consciously react to them. Similar to how abused dogs are often agressive and un-friendly, these influences affect you subconsciously. It isn't a choice whether they affect you or not.

5.)Genesis 19 clearly shows the attitude of the city of Sodom. This is what was meant as they have gone from their way. 1 cor. 9:9-11. Genesis 13: 13 says they were gross sinners against God. That goes far beyond just being arrogant. Men who lie with Men are quite mentioned there. It also says "that's what some of you WERE." (indicating that yes...there IS a choice) ! Tim. 1: 8-11 2 Peter 2:6 says that it'd be an example for those to come. Of course It had been around, but those people were given a choice...obey or not obey.
As others have said, the Bible is not a credible source unless used in a debate directly about God. Just because you believe the bible does not make it a universal law that all must abide by.

7.) Let's think about this for a second. While I do agree that unnatural use isn't ALWAYS bad....how many times has unnatural use brought good as opposed to bad? I'd say it weighs heavily in bad's favor.
It doesn't matter. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anybody.

If there is SO much controversy over this, is that saying something? From ancient times it was looked at as something that isn't right.
From ancient times, people were forced into slavery and mistreated. There was controversy over slavery as well in the US when it was banned (There was a war over it, actually). Just because the popular opinion is against something doesn't mean that the popular opinion is correct.

Then we'll go a step further and mention a pedophile. That IS homosexuality, no matter how you slice it. The only differences are that there's a LARGE age gap between what is usually a man and a boy(or teenager) and it quite possibly is only one sided (Although not always). What if that boy grows up and becomes a homosexual? Would you say he was always meant to be one? Would you say it's genetic?
What exactly is your point here? This has nothing to do with the moral correctness of gay marriage.

Oh and in conclusion, once again, I won't sit there and condemn a person. I'm not going to object if they want to speak to me, sit next to me, or (and this happened) may want to give a friendly hug. I don't condone the lifestyle, either, which means I'm not winking at it and saying "I approve of your lifestyle, you can come over and do whatever you want in my household." It's like dealing with a person at arm's length. You don't necessarily hate them, but at the same time, you're not going to go out of your way for them either.
Let's clarify something: Do you support gay marriage or not? I'll make it easier:

If your state proposed a new law granting homosexuals the right to marry, and you had to vote for or against this proposition, would you vote pro-gay marriage or anti-gay marriage?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Bold: I don't think you understand what these influences you mention are. They aren't like your friend trying to convince you to smoke. You don't notice them, you don't consciously react to them. Similar to how abused dogs are often agressive and un-friendly, these influences affect you subconsciously. It isn't a choice whether they affect you or not.
Enviroment...that covers a BROAD area of things. I know what I was stating, and trust me, it supports what I'm saying. The things mentioned in that citation proves that it's not inherent. It's no more inherent than myself who dealt with racism growing up, being outcasted, and exposed to urban life, chose to ignore that and rise above it. I finished school, I hold no grudge towards other races, I chose not to let the affects of people being shot, and. jumped affect my judgement. (Which I was personally jumped for the sole reason I was black.) I chose NOT to let things that were inherent my family and things around me to mold me into a bitter person. I could easily have done so. I could easily have let the actions of my brother going to jail, and my father losing his temper on an employee (He paid for itm even though his assault was clearly aggrivated) affect what I do.

As others have said, the Bible is not a credible source unless used in a debate directly about God. Just because you believe the bible does not make it a universal law that all must abide by.
I was addressing what was said about it not being in the bible...at that time. Pretty much my goal in that.

[/quote]It doesn't matter. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anybody.[/quote]

Can you honestly say that? It doesn't hurt anyone? It hurts the people who feel ashamed to let their parents know. It hurts the parents and those around them that find out. It may even hurt them because some people are much more vehement about their disdain for homosexuality. I mean...the fact that the argument is there is people being REAL technical. YES it does hurt people.

From ancient times, people were forced into slavery and mistreated. There was controversy over slavery as well in the US when it was banned (There was a war over it, actually). Just because the popular opinion is against something doesn't mean that the popular opinion is correct.
Yes, and in ancient times those that were put into slavery were victims of war. In essence, the losers. Those that owed a great debt were put into slavery to pay it off. In ancient times slavery caused war or was the result of the after war product. In America, Slavery was just pepole being taken as slaves for no reason.

What exactly is your point here? This has nothing to do with the moral correctness of gay marriage.
Perhaps my point seemed a bit off, yes. But in essence, the core of the gay marraige situation is spawned from whether or not homosexuality is right or not. So you would have to bring up other facets of homosexuality. You may disagree with my reasoning, but let's be real. There are cases of people who are victims of it, who have become Homosexual. Are you going to tell me that the child was MEANT to be homosexual? Are you saying that a situation such as that is right?

If I offended anyone on that matter, I apologize. It is rather offensive to a person to say the bible should have NO hold whatsoever when it is VERY clear that many of our morals we goby are drawn from the bible. I don't like to get ridiculously technical in situations, but sometimes when people get technical, the only way is to get technical back.

Let's clarify something: Do you support gay marriage or not? I'll make it easier:
If I don't condone something, that means I'm against it. I, however, don't believe I should make a large issue over it, either.

If your state proposed a new law granting homosexuals the right to marry, and you had to vote for or against this proposition, would you vote pro-gay marriage or anti-gay marriage?
See that's the thing, I stay neutral in political affairs. I'm not going to vote on situation involving state laws. THAT is keeping religion and state seperate. You pay dues to government and you pay dues to religion. Don't let them conflict with one another. Involving myself in politics would mean I believe I have a right to rule people or have a hand in it. I don't believe I do. When it directly involves me, I handle a situation properly. If it involves a person I know, I can only offer advice, and not tell them what to do. I can ask, I can suggest, but I can't tell. What right have I to tell anyone what to do? When it comes to something I have authority over, (children in my immediate family) I can exercise authority. Even still...when they hit a certain age you can't MAKE them do anything.

On a side note:
To be quite honest...I had planned on staying away from this debate in particular. The response to Chibo quoting the bible was rather disconcerting. I thought I could avoid stepping on some toes in how I used examples. It was said that it can't be a debate if everyone agrees, correct? Can we avoid being insulted for just a moment, here? My comparison had reason, and I stated it. How is...well in essence...bashing the bible as being valid any better? Especially when most people just say, "Religion and state shouldn't mix" as their argument? I at least gave reason for my usage. I don't think I should be shot at since I didn't just needlessly throw it out there in a one liner.

ElvenKing

Smash Apprentice
Rain(ame) said:
Can you honestly say that? It doesn't hurt anyone? It hurts the people who feel ashamed to let their parents know. It hurts the parents and those around them that find out. It may even hurt them because some people are much more vehement about their disdain for homosexuality. I mean...the fact that the argument is there is people being REAL technical. YES it does hurt people.
Yes, but that's only because other people take issue with homosexuality. Many other things can cause people the exact same kind of problems. Changing religion one's religion for instance. Do we consider changing your religion a bad idea because it causes such problems?

Rain(ame) said:
Perhaps my point seemed a bit off, yes. But in essence, the core of the gay marraige situation is spawned from whether or not homosexuality is right or not. So you would have to bring up other facets of homosexuality. You may disagree with my reasoning, but let's be real. There are cases of people who are victims of it, who have become Homosexual. Are you going to tell me that the child was MEANT to be homosexual? Are you saying that a situation such as that is right?
Sorry, but whether the victim becomes homosexual or not has no relevance to the topic of whether homosexuality is moral or not.

There are cases of heterosexual abuse. Is it immoral to be heterosexual? Perhaps some victims of heterosexual abuse turned out to be heterosexual themselves were meant to be homosexual. It is impossible to tell. It is not a case of homosexuality is immoral, but one of it is immoral because of how it is being used in a particular case. There are two severe problems with your reasoning:

correlation does not prove causation. Even if some victims turned out to be homosexual how do you tell they wouldn't have been homosexual anyway?

it relies on homosexuality being consider immoral already, rather than putting forward reasons why it should be. So what if the victims turn out homosexual: it is only a problem if homosexuality is immoral. Even if you do find a correlation that says that victims are more likely to be homosexual(for instance, if there is a higher percentage of homosexuals amongst abuse victims than the general population), it still has no relevance on whether or not homosexuality is immoral. All it tells as is that it could be a factor in why some people are homosexual.

Rain(ame) said:
Yes, and in ancient times those that were put into slavery were victims of war. In essence, the losers. Those that owed a great debt were put into slavery to pay it off. In ancient times slavery caused war or was the result of the after war product. In America, Slavery was just pepole being taken as slaves for no reason.
There were definitely reasons: cheap labour; a trade enabling people to make money. They didn't send ships all the way out to Africa to get slaves just for the hell of it. Of course that doesn't make it right, but there were reasons.

Rain(ame) said:
If I offended anyone on that matter, I apologize. It is rather offensive to a person to say the bible should have NO hold whatsoever when it is VERY clear that many of our morals we goby are drawn from the bible. I don't like to get ridiculously technical in situations, but sometimes when people get technical, the only way is to get technical back.
All those people in the world(and who's societies are not influenced by it in any major way) who have never seen a Bible would like to disagree.

If your taking about USA specifically, then yes, you could say that many morals have roots in the Bible, as Christianity was, and is the main religion of the USA. But so what? Saying that many morals have been drawn from the Bible has no relevance. Is the Bible used to determine everyone's morals? No. To many people it has no relevance to their moral code. The Bible is only of use if the person you're talking to is a Christian or if it a discussion relating to the nature of Christianity.

Using the Bible as a guide for moral laws in a debate with non-Christians is pointless: it is not relevant to how they determine their morals.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well, I tried, but I can see I'm not really getting anywhere...(one of the resons I wanted to avoid this topic.) I'll end up repeating myself...over and over and over again. Considering this is a discussion of well...the US...I would assume we're talking on a US standard. Of course I also did mention about how there are more than certain cases regarding that one subject. (Since people are so gung ho to gun it down I won't mention it again.) It's a multi vs. one situation....something I find myself in quite a bit...but I just don't care to elaborate on in this case.

*disappears*

Edit: Sorry about the sig thing >_> sometimes I forget to turn it off.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
First of, I don't see where he mentions the pope in that statement at all. The Pope is actually the successor of the founder of the 1st Church (Made by Peter), and is the leader of the catholic church. There are many 'kinds' of Christians, so making the assumption that he was catholic was wrong. Yeah, you really went to town to insult him, severed no purpose really.

Also can I get the source showing he was a Navi?

Furthermore, I've seen the bible. It's not their prejudice, it's their faith.
Assuming he is a catholic was not what I was doing. I am only referencing one of the religions that have more push in our government than it should. We are living in a country of free religion, where the government claims it is not at all influenced by religion, and it is one nation under God. The fact that I cannot get married to whom I want, because of a religion that I do not belong to is not fair. The option then must be, not to get married or joined through these religions, right? But no, that is not an option, because 'tradition' and the 'purity' of heterosexual marrige is at risk by a non-religous joining of two people of the same sex.

Saying religion has nothing to do with this is to completely ignore the religous protestors with blunt messages such as 'Homosexuals will burn in hell', 'god hates ***s', and quotes from the bible about man laying with other man.

"Though as a teenager he was a member of the Hitler Youth, all his life Cardinal Ratzinger has atoned for the fact," said Abraham H. Foxman
He was 18 years old when the war ended, so everything that he had to do with the Nazi regime was as a very young man,"

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I usually do not participate in this pathetic stalemate's excuse for a debate topic...
<.<

Since we're making challenges now, provide me, without it being sorely subjective, how this debate topic is what you said.

[size=-40]Testing to see if my account has rights to evaluate the forum.[/size]

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Debates on homosexuality are entirely unmoving anywhere you find them. The arguments being presented are regressing, and equating pedophilia to homosexuality is one major such example that is nothing short of backhand worthy.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Me personally, I don't see the problem with gay marriage. If two people love each other, then what's the problem? I know some people say stuff like "the point of marriage is so a man and woman can become one and reproduce, ect." Newsflash, not all heterosexual couples have children. Having children is indeed a beautiful aspect of marriage, or life I should say. But at the end of the day, its not a mandatory element of it. Gay people aren't hurting anyone. I say everyone has the right to love who they want. The heart can't help but want what it wants.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Me personally, I don't see the problem with gay marriage. If two people love each other, then what's the problem? I know some people say stuff like "the point of marriage is so a man and woman can become one and reproduce, ect." Newsflash, not all heterosexual couples have children. Having children is indeed a beautiful aspect of marriage, or life I should say. But at the end of the day, its not a mandatory element of it. Gay people aren't hurting anyone. I say everyone has the right to love who they want. The heart can't help but want what it wants.
I couldn't agree more.

Also, on the aspect of children, gay couples can always adopt a child.

EDIT: I think the topic is somewhat exhausted. The only reason to not allow gay marriage is if you are a member of one of the religions that is against it; in that case the couple just shouldn't get married in a church. But there shouldn't be law against it due to separation of church and state.

D

Deleted member

If I offended anyone on that matter, I apologize. It is rather offensive to a person to say the bible should have NO hold whatsoever when it is VERY clear that many of our morals we goby are drawn from the bible.
The bible is a good starting point, I suppose, but anything past that it is an outdated relic with outdated morals from outdated mindsets. I would not hold it to be a respectable reference for a modern era.

I support gay marriage. I find it silly that someone can marry one being over another on the basis of biological function.

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
The Thing about same sex marriage is that God made man and woman to be with each other. On the other half, it is harmless to a normal life. Take Ellen DeGeneres for example. Ellen has her own Television show, and lives like a normal TV host, just with a same gender partner. The way I see it is, basically you have a male and male, or female and female, that love each other unconditionally, so that should be reason enough. I see a lot of the time that same sex couples do not flaunt it in any way usually. These couples seem to handle it like any other couple, so there is really no need to be against the matter. These are my thoughts and facts about Same Sex Marriage.

-KOTH

No signatures please. -Zero

woody72691

Smash Ace
well i dont give a dam if they get married. if a white trash people can marry there own cousin who is also there sister then why cant gays?? it makes no sense. they should be allowed all i ask is they dont hit on me, it makes me feel uncontorfable. (error)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I was talking to my friend who is against gay marriage and his reasoning was, because they cannot create tax paying offspring. His choices were influenced, not by church or beleifs, but 100% by money. I understand what he is trying to say, but if they are together unmarried or married it will be the same amount of offspring. 0. There is no change if they get married.

@bible. I am not religious at all (pretty much athiest) and I agree that it gives very good morals as you said, but I don't beleive in faith so :)

Separation of church and state ftw krazy glue. You are 100% correct.

w!zard

Smash Apprentice
I understand what he is trying to say, but if they are together unmarried or married it will be the same amount of offspring. 0. There is no change if they get married.
which is why he doesn't think they should get the tax benefits from marriage.

that is a stupid reason though. what about couples that don't have or want children? also, gay males can be sperm donors while lesbians can be sperm acceptors if they wanted children. or they could adopt children from another country.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I approve, since it doesn't matter to me.

-KOTH
That's a terrible thing to decide. Approving just because it doesn't effect you isn't logically sound. If anything you shouldn't care because it doesn't effect you.

The Thing about same sex marriage is that God made man and woman to be with each other. On the other half, it is harmless to a normal life. Take Ellen DeGeneres for example. Ellen has her own Television show, and lives like a normal TV host, just with a same gender partner. The way I see it is, basically you have a male and male, or female and female, that love each other unconditionally, so that should be reason enough. I see a lot of the time that same sex couples do not flaunt it in any way usually. These couples seem to handle it like any other couple, so there is really no need to be against the matter. These are my thoughts and facts about Same Sex Marriage.

-KOTH

No signatures please. -Zero
Now that's a better argument.

well i dont give a dam if they get married. if a white trash people can marry there own cousin who is also there sister then why cant gays?? it makes no sense. they should be allowed all i ask is they dont hit on me, it makes me feel uncontorfable. (error)
Cousin that is also their sister? Marrying first cousin is illegal in most states, and marrying your sister is illegal in every state. So no, they can't do it.

woody72691

Smash Ace
shotgun weddings, and come on, u know better that i do that incest is disgusting but we have rights as americans and people will do whatever they want, even though it's illegal to marry a family member, they'll fight it like gay marriage. i dont care if they do, they live in american, they in the home of hte brave and the home of the free. why cant they be allowed to marry?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Because the people who made the laws didn't like it. Didn't approve. The whole home of the free is an illusion, just like these rights you're riding on.

Most people that actually do whatever they want end up paying for it, I'm sure you see it in class rooms, and have plenty of aye sayers in jail to testify.

woody72691

Smash Ace
yeah have u eve been to the south, i was there for spring break and saw a shotgun wedding in the mix betwen a brother and a sister.

woody72691

Smash Ace
your in the wrong part of the south your south west anyways,

gay marriage legal. there shouldnt be a argument about this cause people do whatever they want anyways.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
yeah have u eve been to the south, i was there for spring break and saw a shotgun wedding in the mix betwen a brother and a sister.
I live in Louisiana, and I regularly travel to Alabama and Mississippi. In my 22 years, I have never even HEARD of this. You are just making stuff up.

A. It's illegal to marry siblings, so even if they had a wedding, it would be null and void.
B. It's a stereotype that incest happens that rampantly in the south. In fact, Incest can happen anywhere.

Stop making up stuff as evidence for your horrible arguments; it makes the room look worse.

RDK

Smash Hero
shotgun weddings, and come on, u know better that i do that incest is disgusting but we have rights as americans and people will do whatever they want, even though it's illegal to marry a family member, they'll fight it like gay marriage. i dont care if they do, they live in american, they in the home of hte brave and the home of the free. why cant they be allowed to marry?
Is incest disgusting because you think it's disgusting, or because society has proclaimed that it's disgusting?

In any case, people participated in incest all the time in your precious Bible. How do yo think Adam and Eve grew into an entire population of people?

They really didn't; I'm asking a rhetorical question.

woody72691

Smash Ace
I live in Louisiana, and I regularly travel to Alabama and Mississippi. In my 22 years, I have never even HEARD of this. You are just making stuff up.

A. It's illegal to marry siblings, so even if they had a wedding, it would be null and void.
B. It's a stereotype that incest happens that rampantly in the south. In fact, Incest can happen anywhere.

Stop making up stuff as evidence for your horrible arguments; it makes the room look worse.
uhh who are u?? loser of the boards?? and i'm not making it up, there so much proof out there that your too narrowminded to look and see it cause u have no friends

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
uhh who are u?? loser of the boards?? and i'm not making it up, there so much proof out there that your too narrowminded to look and see it cause u have no friends
And for anyone curious, THIS is why we have admissions for the Debate Hall.

Let's see where to start:

A. You say there is proof out there, yet you mention NONE of it. The burden of proof is on you for making such a claim.
B. How am I narrow-minded and how does that even relate remotely to the topic at hand?

Thanks though. Whenever I feel like locking down the Debate Hall was a big mistake, you prove me wrong.

Also, no sigs. Jesus, you actually managed to quadruple fail on one post. Can we give this guy a standing ovation?

RDK

Smash Hero
...I want to fit in, so....

*CLANGS CYMBOLS*

Am I doing it right?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Gay marriage... it would allow gay people to get the benefits of marriage and have the joys of a real commitment. Due to my religious view, I don't believe in gay marriage. However, in a bypass, I personally say yes. Why? Well, God hates divorce. That's one reason. And when gay people are excluded from the glorious commitment, that's wrong. Gays would be able to trust their partners better, they would have a real commitment. Another thing is that not having the same benefits as straight people in a marriage doesn't deter people from being gay. So why are we withholding these rights? There is absolutely no reason to do this, at all. Personally, I find that allowing gays to be married would create a society more accepting of certain things, and gay-bashing isn't tolerated. Gays aren't less than human. They ARE humans, and they should be entitled to the same rights that we have, simply because it is fair and right. Humanity needs to accept gays as people. Marriage symbolizes so much more than tax cuts and etc. When people won't stop being what they TRULY are (sometimes people are just born gay), then why don't we help them?

This world needs human kindness, and gays are no exception to this. While I still believe that being gay is wrong, I realize that it's hard to stick to a partner who's straight that you aren't interested in. I say "yes" to gay marriage, for commitments and trust that will go on throughout the ages.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Your arguments are somewhat strange.

Gay marriage... it would allow gay people to get the benefits of marriage and have the joys of a real commitment. Due to my religious view, I don't believe in gay marriage. However, in a bypass, I personally say yes. Why? Well, God hates divorce. That's one reason.
Allowing gay people to get married would also allow them to get divorced. Wouldn't that be bad from your view?

Another thing is that not having the same benefits as straight people in a marriage doesn't deter people from being gay. So why are we withholding these rights? There is absolutely no reason to do this, at all.
So if denying gay marriage COULD deter people from being, gay, would you be for it then?

Personally, I find that allowing gays to be married would create a society more accepting of certain things, and gay-bashing isn't tolerated. Gays aren't less than human. They ARE humans, and they should be entitled to the same rights that we have, simply because it is fair and right. Humanity needs to accept gays as people.
I think most of the civilized world does accept gays as people (I don't know how undeveloped countries deal with this), it's really only some religious fundamentalists who have a problem with it.

This world needs human kindness, and gays are no exception to this. While I still believe that being gay is wrong, I realize that it's hard to stick to a partner who's straight that you aren't interested in. I say "yes" to gay marriage, for commitments and trust that will go on throughout the ages.
Well, at least that's more reasonable than some of the arguments I've seen from gay marriage opponents.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Your arguments are somewhat strange.

Thank you.

Allowing gay people to get married would also allow them to get divorced. Wouldn't that be bad from your view?

It would allow that commitment to be there, so I'm fine. Doesn't commitment help with trust issues? The simple fact that your gay husband can't sneak out and pretend that he isn't married, simply because he made a true commitment, in front of their family and friends. The trust that is shared between their husband and everyone they care about.

So if denying gay marriage COULD deter people from being, gay, would you be for it then?

I honestly don't know. Maybe... maybe not...

I think most of the civilized world does accept gays as people (I don't know how undeveloped countries deal with this), it's really only some religious fundamentalists who have a problem with it.

Hey, I'm religious. Also, exactly how much people in the world are civilized?

Well, at least that's more reasonable than some of the arguments I've seen from gay marriage opponents.

Thank you.
Comments in red.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Hm? Oh, I already stated, I do not believe that homosexuality is right because I am religious. The Bible says it is evil, and I believe it is evil. I have nothing against gays, however.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The bible says a lot of things are evil. Did you know you should be put to death for working on the Sabbath? The bible also lists things you should not do on the Sabbath. The bible also condones murdering children, repeatedly, ****** women, slavery, and dowries. So, really you can't pick and choose. Either you support or are against all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom