• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Randoms are the worst part.

I only play if i have a partner (wingman) or more. I hate KotH I hate TDM CTL and wingman are my favorite. Mostly wingman.

TDM with 5 ppl is the best though, no nubs feeding away lives.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah I lucked out too. I was spending one night helping people get Savage Theron then someone gave me a liquid green code for helping them.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I really wish I had a Jack in the Box near me

Too bad it's also a really ****ty fast food chain
yeah but the food doesn't matter you just need to buy a large drink to get a code. The problem is Jack in the Box are not located in many different states, like only 10 states I think.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Holy crap I'm convinced that there is no other multiplayer game in history that's more frustrating to play with randoms in than Gears of War 3.

I was in the middle of a Lancer battle with an opponent while my dumb *** teammate was standing next to me doing nothing and after I got downed what does that mother ****er do? He teabags my downed body like a douchebag and then proceeds get downed himself! Like seriously what the **** dude?
Black Ops and BF:BC2 would like to have a word with you.

I just hate it when randoms see me down someone for last kill and proceed to finish him off themselves with some bullets when I was gonna execute him myself

Btw TRG, I'm sorry I stole all your kills when we played. I swear they were all by accident. We both always happened to be shooting at the same person when I stole them >_>

I wish it was like second chance in Black Ops where if you down someone, and another person kills them, you'd get the kill. x_x

Finally got the green liquid skin code, someone from the Epic forums was generous enough to give it to me for free.
Hook me up. ;)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well there's no Jack in the Boxes around here, they primarily serve the west coast and I'm on the east coast. Which reminds me that they have jack in the box commercials here and none of the states in my time zone even has a jack in the box so why bother.

And if anyone would like to give me one, I'll be willing for a code (I dunno what I'd give in exchange for it though)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Tim, if you want the green skins, best thing to do is to go on epic forums and make an account. People don't really like it if you make a thread asking for one, but people make giveaway threads and you could post in there. You could even put it in your sig that you would like one and maybe you'll get lucky.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Bad people taking ur down is so depressing.

Epic is so dumb,im pretty sure that in warzone if u down some1 u get the kill if they die no matter what, but they dont do it in execution or TDM

Anyone wanna play right now? Im on, but watching TV, cant play alone. Ill even do campaign.

Add me if u wanna GT = Reneblade

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Bad people taking ur down is so depressing.

Epic is so dumb,im pretty sure that in warzone if u down some1 u get the kill if they die no matter what, but they dont do it in execution or TDM

Anyone wanna play right now? Im on, but watching TV, cant play alone. Ill even do campaign.

Add me if u wanna GT = Reneblade
No.....if you down someone in warzone, you only get the kill if you are the one to finish them off.

Enzo

Smash Lord
TBH i steal kills all the time when playing any ranked match by myself.

I mean all the other randoms would steal mine, and even good players would if they are playing on their own as well.

On another note, retro is gayy

I got a snipe through the smoke today.

I literally heard a smoke in the other side of Checkout go off, turned around, shot randomly into the smoke, and got a headshot. No silhouettes or anything, I just aimed at smoke and popped a head.

Feels good. :)

On the subject of stealing kills, I steal them all the time when I play alone, cause I hate randoms. When I play in a group, I'm a bit more conscious of them, but in heated situations, usually take a kill (or give a kill) when I know we have to hurry up.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
No.....if you down someone in warzone, you only get the kill if you are the one to finish them off.
Well they ****ed that up too. Wasnt it like i described in gears 2? It says/said "final down by" and not "final kill" so its/was confusing.

Well they ****ed that up too. Wasnt it like i described in gears 2? It says/said "final down by" and not "final kill" so its/was confusing.

Serin is really good at gears 3, he was always MVP with me being a close 2nd.

I had to quit playing cause i kept dying to bad people running bad strats, was getting too frustrated.

Does anyone ever get the feeling that they're getting shot through walls?

Last time I played, I was playing the Boom Snipes playlist, and I was in a sniper battle with somebody. I peek out, missed, then got back in cover. I make it completely back in cover, stay there for like half a second, then my head blows up. x__x

Then there's also the times where I'm running for someone, cleanly make it past cover, but then I get down or gibbed or something. What's worse is when you make it cleanly past cover, but they down you, and as you get downed you move backwards, slipping out of cover, then get shot.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I ****ing hate randoms. They really do piss me off. I was on Trenches today on TDM and I was in the top taking mulcher while this guy was right next o me and then someone managed to down me for the first time in the match, seeing as I'm actually contributing something, and then for the entire time I'm rubbing myself up against him with him not actually doing anything and just staring at me until I got up on my own. It's really ****ing annoying when randoms literally just stand right next to me without even bothering to press the X button, even though reviving people when there's not even any danger in doing so gives you points.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Last time I played, I was playing the Boom Snipes playlist, and I was in a sniper battle with somebody. I peek out, missed, then got back in cover. I make it completely back in cover, stay there for like half a second, then my head blows up. x__x

Then there's also the times where I'm running for someone, cleanly make it past cover, but then I get down or gibbed or something. What's worse is when you make it cleanly past cover, but they down you, and as you get downed you move backwards, slipping out of cover, then get shot.
It might be lag, or in the case of getting downed, if you're getting shot enough while you're in the "climbing over cover animation" you'll go into the downed animation after you get over cover.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
God I ****ing hate randoms. They really do piss me off. I was on Trenches today on TDM and I was in the top taking mulcher while this guy was right next o me and then someone managed to down me for the first time in the match, seeing as I'm actually contributing something, and then for the entire time I'm rubbing myself up against him with him not actually doing anything and just staring at me until I got up on my own. It's really ****ing annoying when randoms literally just stand right next to me without even bothering to press the X button, even though reviving people when there's not even any danger in doing so gives you points.
At least you didn't get teabagged while you were downed and then died afterwards.

And no worries about the kill steals... Just don't let it happen again. ;)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Jack in the box isn't on the east coast as far as I know, because I've lived in NC and VA and neither had a jack in the box that I was aware of.
I have lived in California and Oregon and they had them there.

Also, Onyx is the only skin for me. Just 5500 more Gnasher kills ;-;

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Epic paid Treyarch to implement 'wanted pro' in their games. :troll:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Jack in the box isn't on the east coast as far as I know, because I've lived in NC and VA and neither had a jack in the box that I was aware of.
I have lived in California and Oregon and they had them there.

Also, Onyx is the only skin for me. Just 5500 more Gnasher kills ;-;
NC has a Jack in the Box in Concord.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Which is why its unacceptable.

Dedicated servers my ***.

They don't have enough dedicated servers for everyone, and dedicated servers cost money. Once MW3 comes out, there will probably less people and it will be easier to get on dedicated servers. If you want a better chance to get into a dedicated servers, play quick match.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I know they arent fatal

Pretty sure ur wrong xan, dedicated servers are only on ranked from what i see most of the time. And if thats not true then epic seriously has no idea what theyre doing.

Dedicated servers arent "too expensive" at any given time there is less than 50k and ALWAYS less than 150k people on multiplayer at a time.

No dedicated servers = unacceptable.

This game is gears 2 with a gnasher that actually works and worse weapon balance without dedicated servers.

Charging for weapon skins = $$$ for servers.
Season Pass = $$$ for servers.
DLC = $$$ for servers.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pretty sure ur wrong xan, dedicated servers are only on ranked from what i see most of the time. And if thats not true then epic seriously has no idea what theyre doing.

The servers have less chance of appearing on ranked. The servers are split 70/30 (or 80/20, one of those) between quick match and ranked.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I know they arent fatal

Dedicated servers arent "too expensive" at any given time there is less than 50k and ALWAYS less than 150k people on multiplayer at a time.

No dedicated servers = unacceptable.

This game is gears 2 with a gnasher that actually works and worse weapon balance without dedicated servers.

Charging for weapon skins = $$$ for servers.
Season Pass = $$$ for servers.
DLC = $$$ for servers.

Well Pluvia just said it, quick match DOES give you a higher chance of dedicated servers. So you're best bet is to play there. Plus what's the big deal about ranked? The only difference between quick match and ranked is that in quick match it just does map rotations and in ranked you vote for the map. You gain xp regardless of which one you choose to play in.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ranked is ranked... More points are on the line and thats where squads of people do/should go.

What pluvia says isnt canon. I know for atleast the first few days after retail ranked had all the dedicated servers and quick matches were p2p

They might have changed it once they saw ranked was getting like 1/10th what quick match was.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Ranked is ranked... More points are on the line and thats where squads of people do/should go.

What pluvia says isnt canon. I know for atleast the first few days after retail ranked had all the dedicated servers and quick matches were p2p

They might have changed it once they saw ranked was getting like 1/10th what quick match was.
I"ve been hearing several people on the epic forums saying quick match gets priority. Anyway, what do you mean more points are on the line? More xp?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Wrong they changed it to make quick matches take priority 2 weeks into the beta. When retail came out my connection had dropped to 0.4mpbs for the first week and a half so Gears 3 was the only game I could play due to the servers nullifying it and I play quick match exclusively.

You do get a slightly bigger win bonus for ranked but you also have more chance of going against a full team and it takes longer to find a match, so the win bonus is most likely nullified when compared to quick.

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
The servers have less chance of appearing on ranked. The servers are split 70/30 (or 80/20, one of those) between quick match and ranked.
Interesting first time i've heard this, always heard quick match was never dedicated and ranked was only dedicated about 50 percent of the time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Here's the interview but here's the part I'm talking about:

First we had the dedicated servers spilt 50/50 for either game type, but overwhelmingly people were playing public. So over the course of the beta we ended up making an 80/20 rule where 80 per cent of the servers were public and 20 per cent were ranked. It’s interesting because it’s the opposite of what Gears 2 is right now because ranked is the predominant way it’s played, where as it was public in the Gears 3 beta.
It's probably incredibly similar, if not exactly the same, in the retail version.

Also:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ok, thanks for clearing that up Pluvia. Thats good to see the hard data. I cant argue with the logic either.

However i dont believe 99% of the servers are working all the time. Thats 100% bull****.

Top Bottom