• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen 6 Pokemon will be out BEFORE Smash 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Updated with new possible X and Y rep. They are calling it Mewthree or Newtwo at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Who is "they"?

It's quite obviously a Mewtwo form. In fact, it's all but officially confirmed to be one, seeing as the original leak from last week referred to it as the "Éclair Form", after the French word for "flash of lightning", not the pastry.
EDIT: Aside from that, I'm pretty sure people have been calling it "Newtwo". :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If "Mewthree" is a new Pokémon -> "Mewthree" is the best candidate for Gen VI rep.
If "Mewthree" is a Mewtwo form -> Mewtwo represents both Gen I AND Gen VI, depending on the form.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So anyway, most likely scenario is that we'll be getting Mewtwo in a way or form. And if not, a character extremely similar to Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Looks like we're sorta getting a Gen 6 rep after... in Mewtwo.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the Pokémon Roster:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokémon Trainer
- Lucario
- Mewtwo (with his Eclair Form as his Final Smash)

D

Deleted member

I'm actually feeling that with Jigglypuff being low priority for Brawl, she would be low priority again considering that nothing much has changed for her unlike Mewtwo, who has new spotlight, a new form, and is one of the most requested characters for Smash 4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Regardless of its status as a new form or an all new, yet related pokemon, it has roster potential nonetheless. Though if it does get in Smash 4 it should have one or two different B-moves from Mewtwo. Some different A-moves could work too. I am surprised no one even thought of the nickname "Majin Mew" though. Granted Newtwo just rolls of the tongue.

D

Deleted member

Well, I've seen stuff like "Buutwo" or "Mewbuu" for the Majin Buu aspect.

D

Deleted member

Well, when you consider that Super Buu got a long tail-head thing when he ate Gohan, it makes the Buu related names easier to understand.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually feeling that with Jigglypuff being low priority for Brawl, she would be low priority again considering that nothing much has changed for her unlike Mewtwo, who has new spotlight, a new form, and is one of the most requested characters for Smash 4.
You might be on to something in regards to Jigglypuff probably being one of the low priority veterans for the game. It's possible that Jigglypuff is the last Pokémon veteran to be added to the game.

Still though, we have to remember that Jigglypuff got priority over Mewtwo twice; one in Smash 64 and one in Brawl. This indicates to me that while the Pokémon Company may not be demanding Sakurai for Jigglypuff's return in each Smash game, it does show that Sakurai likes Jigglypuff enough to keep her around. Especially considering that Jigglypuff has evolved from being a joke character back in Smash 64.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shorts' got some opinions.

IF this is a New Mew character, then we got some big ol' competition for Mewtwo, and we're pretty much kissing Zoroark goodbye. (Though he's being kissed goodbye more than likely, anyhow) IF IT'S A NEW MEWTWO FORM, then, well hey, Mewtwo with a new form incorporated. Any new types added, who also have a large usable mascot would be a good contender as well. Zoroark is more or less deaded IMO, and Lucario stands on stronger grounds now because of the fact that regardless of this being a Mewtwo form or Mewthree, the competition is pretty much solely dealing with Mewtwo. Lucario being replaced would be an off-chance cut for Zoroark/something else.

THE PLOT THICKENS. Once we know if this is Mewthree or a form though, we will all have a better picture of where all competition stands.

D

Deleted member

You might be on to something in regards to Jigglypuff probably being one of the low priority veterans for the game. It's possible that Jigglypuff is the last Pokémon veteran to be added to the game.

Still though, we have to remember that Jigglypuff got priority over Mewtwo twice; one in Smash 64 and one in Brawl. This indicates to me that while the Pokémon Company may not be demanding Sakurai for Jigglypuff's return in each Smash game, it does show that Sakurai likes Jigglypuff enough to keep her around. Especially considering that Jigglypuff has evolved from being a joke character back in Smash 64.
Bear in mind that Jigglypuff was also easier to add in both scenarios. In the first game by borrowing animations from Kirby and being a model edit of him. In Brawl, by porting all animations and possibly the model itself from Melee (this is evident by Jigglypuff attempting to go into Helpless mode after Air Dodging, something only Melee did).
With Lucario getting higher priority than both Jiggs and Mewtwo as a result of his spotlight, it is reasonable to believe that Mewtwo will be higher priority this time due to his.

D

Deleted member

Bear in mind that Jigglypuff was also easier to add in both scenarios. In the first game by borrowing animations from Kirby and being a model edit of him. In Brawl, by porting all animations and possibly the model itself from Melee (this is evident by Jigglypuff attempting to go into Helpless mode after Air Dodging, something only Melee did).
With Lucario getting higher priority than both Jiggs and Mewtwo as a result of his spotlight, it is reasonable to believe that Mewtwo will be higher priority this time due to his.
Since when did I say that Jigglypuff was getting priority over Mewtwo? I agreed that Jigglypuff could end up being the last Pokémon veteran planned for the game. All I'm saying is that even if Jigglypuff ends up being the last planned Pokémon, Sakurai would see her worthy of being kept around even if cuts have to be made to the roster.

D

Deleted member

Since when did I say that Jigglypuff was getting priority over Mewtwo? I agreed that Jigglypuff could end up being the last Pokémon veteran planned for the game. All I'm saying is that even if Jigglypuff ends up being the last planned Pokémon, Sakurai would see her worthy of being kept around even if cuts have to be made to the roster.
I never said you did. I'm only clarifying that there is another logical reason for why Jigglypuff had more priority than Mewtwo before other than the concept of Sakurai liking her.
While also clarifying that the end result is unlikely to happen a third time due to the current circumstances.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wouldn't that put Lucario behiind Jigglypuff though? Like Mewtwo was behind her in Brawl? So, however you slice it, Jigglypuff is still pretty safe.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think that since Jigglypuff managed to appear in Brawl, it pretty much cemented her position in the roster of future Smash titles.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Poor Jiggles getting threatened by the big guy's. ;_; I hope she stay's...
Good lord, those apostrophes.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a d**k, but I've seen a couple posts recently that do this(throwing in apostrophes where they aren't needed) and it really bugs me.

(And I hope Jigglypuff stays as well)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Good lord, those apostrophes. Aren't you English? Shouldn't you know your English grammar a bit better?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a d**k, but I've seen a couple posts recently that do this(throwing in apostrophes where they aren't needed) and it really bugs me.

(And I hope Jigglypuff stays as well)
You could have said that that in a nicer tone you know... :glare: I don't bite. And no I'm not actually English and it isn't my first language.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You could have said that that in a nicer tone you know... :glare: I don't bite. And no I'm not actually English and it isn't my first language.
Sorry... I just assumed you were English. My mistake.

And I honestly have a hard time with possessives and plurals too. English is a really weird language.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sorry... I just assumed you were English. My mistake.

And I honestly have a hard time with possessives and plurals too. English is a really weird language.
It's alright, my apostrophes tend to slip out sometimes where they shouldn't be so I should be working on that anyway. But thanks for making me aware. ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But simplified. Like, a lot. Dutch is already simplified German in a sence (still difficult) but as a native speaking Dutchman, I can say English is easier than Dutch.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see people are talking about languages... I wish I knew another European language besides English... But oh well.

Pretty sure this thread was about Pokémon. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How bout that Newtwo guys?

Think its gonna gain any types?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think probably no.

But since its Mewzora, it will be Psychic/Water. :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What if Mewzora actually isn't the only possible 6th gen rep for smash and we might get another Lucario/Zoroark type non-legendary mascot Pokemon or something...? :/

Like, Mewzora is actually the Genesect/Darkrai of Gen 6 or something? :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if Mewzora actually isn't the only possible 6th gen rep for smash and we might get another Lucario/Zoroark type non-legendary mascot Pokemon or something...? :/

Like, Mewzora is actually the Genesect/Darkrai of Gen 6 or something? :/
I doubt they would reveal their Genesect/Darkrai this early.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I doubt they would reveal their Genesect/Darkrai this early.
I guess we will have to wait and see until we know all the pokemon of Gen 6 then. Who knows, Gamefreak might have another Pokemon in store that they are looking into getting in Smash for gen 6. Not that I'm against Mewzora, I'd love to see him in and kicking butt with him but still... :/

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't that put Lucario behiind Jigglypuff though? Like Mewtwo was behind her in Brawl? So, however you slice it, Jigglypuff is still pretty safe.
Problem with that is that Lucario is still promoted and generally popular. Jigglypuff isn't so much anymore. Jigglypuff was also initially added to be the token "weak" character (as stated on Pichu's page on the Melee Dojo); Sakurai can easily find another such as Tingle (not insulting Tingle; just saying that him as a comical weaker character fits).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Problem with that is that Lucario is still promoted and generally popular.
Well no, I mean look at Mewtwo during Brawl. Vastly more popular than Jiggs. This isn't a different situation. It's just Lucario instead of Mewtwo.

Jiggs is about as safe as she was in Brawl, and Lucario is about as safe as Mewtwo in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Except that, as I've already said, Jigglypuff was only "safe" because of being an easy port. Mewtwo would have required more work such as an updated model to reflect the changes to design given post-Gen 3 like Pikachu needed.

And the situation isn't exactly the same; Lucario had been getting decent promotion as of late; outside of the Mirage Pokémon special, Mewtwo had not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom