• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| GenCon/Animania Weekend | 18th/19th Sept. |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
HMMMM.
PCYC we have to pay for bookings though, as opposed to just big place (I.E BOBS LOL), but they'd have to be up to it as well.
Also, me and Bob and Gords (methinks Gords) passed a place on the way to ANZ stadium and Bob was all: "Omg new place for Smash tourney." Although it's sorta in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway.
I agree with Arrow.
<3
Moar Kas Appeals~

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Well that place you drove past probably cost heaps more to hire out, as opposed to the $125 it cost us, if we have more people this time we'll have a decent pot. Anyways, gonna book this place today, I'll give you a date when I get back, this one is gonna be brawl, then the next one is gonna be MEREE!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Arrrroooo: MAN we were in form.
Not in Smash, but in commentary.
Also in general, thanks for driving ****s and stuff, and just being you, cause its the most entertaining thing ever.
Great wrap-up of the N64 side of thing, and YOU are getting good at Soccer.
J-Birds should be banned! :chuckle:

Chris: Good stuff as always, thanks for coming, lunch was...fun I guess. It wasn't enjoyable as it was too painful. :embarrass

Gords: Thanks for coming, ya did well in everything cept Melee doubles....my bad. And what is with me beating you in ALL the friendlies then you beat me in the proper match...SIGH-KE

J-Birds: You have a Solid Snake, use it instead of dem other charcters :p. Lunch was good and lets play more Melee in da future.

Siegfreak:??? COME TO MORE MEETS DUDE!
You are so much fun to play against!
Come to the monthyl touernys as well, they ain't too far a travel for you. Either way!

Ben: Thanks for driving ****s and running Melee and getting crews happening!

Jezmo and family:
Thanks for coming as always. Good stuff on 2nd! :bee:

Rune, Moose, Sieg: Hope yas slept well, ALWAYS fun with you lot, special thanks to Doug for driving so many ****s.
And for giving me Assault after watching me play through Lylat Wars. :)
Mario Party/Kart/Tennis/stuff was legendary!

Rocko ('s Modern Life): Keep that Game and Watch Hammering people. Use the key to victory. and hit people with a turtle. :)

Hotdog: Good stuff as always for taking the inititive and turning up early and bringing the laptop! You did well! We have fun as always/

Kas: I found your shower gel.

All the new Melee guys!
OMIGAWWWRD!!!!
Come to meets n stuff and all our other tournys, you guys are all heaps good and fun and stuff!
Be part of the new QLD scene as we establish ourselves as the most skilled Melee state in the country!
:mad:

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Why should i be banned =O
hehe solid snake i get it, i would use solid snake if he was in brawl but its some sort of generic solid snake wannabee that doesn't have my loved m9, what other characters do i use?
Need more NANDOS and MELEE.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i know what u mean i beat some people in friendlies but lose on the day so random =P
more of a meta....
night person XP

as for doubles i got a >plan< for next time

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I just remembered.

WHO WINS THE DOUBLES MARIO TENNIS SKILLS PRO SET.

That's right. ****ing Boo and Bowser skill.

Gords

Smash Champion
If anybody has other photos tyhey can upload them to the same gallery.

I was also thinking that it may be good if everyone uploaded there photos here and i acan create new albums for the events that happen.

It can the one place to go for all the Australia smash photos. and when i figure it out how to, the finals vids as well.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I'm excited, and I know the others are so mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeh to you.

I'm really excited because this is our chance to boost the smash scene. With a little luck and a lot of forced advertising.

KAION! if you're reading this, let me borrow that costume you were talking about last time :)

Scrubs

Smash Lord
goddammnn 40 dollar entry + 12 dollars for tournament.

why dont i just go give my money to kas and ryan personally :).
And me.... 10% for 3rd OH YEAH

On a side note

SO many scrubs will enter....

Sooo if we all finish say top 5.. lets split and get our entry fee back

Side Side note

Its only $20 entry... 40 is a multi day pass

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oh.
So $32.
Yeah, if we all win, can split the moniez to get moniez back.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEH.
Brawl, though, mmmeh...
Mayhaps.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm not expecting a good turnout from the good players that don't like to spend money. These two tournaments I'm merely using as a vehicle to boost the smash scene like last year.

I'd be up for splitting though. It is pretty ridiculous.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Hmm ill come depending if there is a chance to win money from scrubs. How deep into placings do the payouts go?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Antho!

We need to have a good long chat about this as soon as possible.
It has to be Melee. And it has to be doubles.
1: Quicker, with few TVs this is essential.
2: Twice as maany people can play at a time.
3: Melee AND Doubles are better to watch, which is the bestway to get new people into it.
4. Melee is bigger here now. More attendance

Yeah, we still need to grow Brawl and we will. Anyway, chat soon, for real, not over here though :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I disagree with running Melee, but only because I don't want potential n00b players to shy away just because we're playing Melee instead of Brawl. Add to that the skill level of our good Melee players and it's just set for disaster, people won't want to enter. It's Brawl that they're familiar with unfortunately.

They've already allocated the prize money for a 'Brawl' tournament, and so we can't back out now. Because of the timeslot, I'm also fairly certain we're only going to be running a Brawl singles bracket.

I'd like for crews to happen just to get randoms involved, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I disagree with running Melee, but only because I don't want potential n00b players to shy away just because we're playing Melee instead of Brawl. Add to that the skill level of our good Melee players and it's just set for disaster, people won't want to enter. It's Brawl that they're familiar with unfortunately.

They've already allocated the prize money for a 'Brawl' tournament, and so we can't back out now. Because of the timeslot, I'm also fairly certain we're only going to be running a Brawl singles bracket.

I'd like for crews to happen just to get randoms involved, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Why don't you think about the people who are already here before the new ******s.

Maybe some of US want to do something that WE like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom