• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Dressrosa in One Piece is taking way too ****ing long

We already spent 8 chapters on Law's past and his full name of Trafalgar D. Water Law is revealed.
Luffy is currently fighting Bellamy (and just took a haki imbued punch to the gut) while Law lost an arm against Doffy.
Machvise, Lao G, Dellinger, Gladius, Jora, and Senor Pink were all taken out, Baby 5 defected, and, as of now, the top executives, Diamante, Trebol, and Pica remain. Hell, Trebol was severely injured after getting radio knifed by Law.

This already managed to surpass Skypiea in length.

Last edited:

StrawHatter

Smash Rookie
RAH are the only adjustable figs I like. Probably because they actually hide the articulation joints well with that really nice clothing material.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
unlike skypiea, dressrosa is somewhat interesting
That's a definite plus.

But the pacing is a major pain (Chapter 700 was the first chapter of the arc)

Just as we were getting to Luffy and Law Vs. Doflamingo and Bellamy, there have been no less than two cutaways

The first one being Law's backstory

His full name is Trafalgar D. Water Law and we find out why he idolized Rocanite (AKA Corozan)

The second one is the other fights around the island as of 770-775

Machvise, Lao G, Dellinger, Gladius, Jora, and Senor Pink were all taken out in one chapter each by Hajrudin, Sai, Hakuba, Bartolomeo, Leo, and Franky, respectively

I guess next, the higher ups will be offed.

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
Ah is it possible to skip chunks of one piece and still understand whats going on? Id like to watch it, but I don't think i have the time, nor the will to watch 600+ episodes =x

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ah is it possible to skip chunks of one piece and still understand whats going on? Id like to watch it, but I don't think i have the time, nor the will to watch 600+ episodes =x
Nope.

Well, you can skip the filler obviously. Or just read the manga and you'll be caught up in about a quarter of the time.

But you can't skip anything canon. Oda never forgets, you never know when some past detail will become important again.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Watched this show on Adult Swim a few nights ago called Kill La Kill, and it was awesome..... Normally, I HATE Adult Swim and most of its shows, and I'm eager to go sleep to wait for Cartoon Network to come back on, but this is one of the few shows it has I enjoyed, at least the first 3 episodes so far. Amazing animation, a good story, tons of action, and a good sense of humor too.

I also really really like the show's main protagonist, Ryuko Matoi. She's got a hot-headed temper, sass, stubborness, and strong determination; easily one of the most amazing chicks I've seen in anime, maybe even THE most. Her character design is freakin' amazing too:

I think I've found my new waifu....

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The Tale of Princess Kaguya is finally available on Blu-ray. My body is ready! Any other Ghibli fans in here?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
[
The Tale of Princess Kaguya is finally available on Blu-ray. My body is ready! Any other Ghibli fans in here?
Don't get me wrong but... Ghibli is massively overrated.
Movies are good, the story's pace is amazingly good, animation is smooth and all.
But people often jumps into the Ghibli train without actually judging the movie. Just see "Ghibli", call it "good" and go home.

I do like most of their movies though.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Don't get me wrong but... Ghibli is massively overrated.
Movies are good, the story's pace is amazingly good, animation is smooth and all.
But people often jumps into the Ghibli train without actually judging the movie. Just see "Ghibli", call it "good" and go home.

I do like most of their movies though.
I don't think that makes the studio overrated. The word "overrated" is completely subjective and essentially has no meaning. I do agree that people are sheep who blindly praise whatever movies they watch without judging them critically, but I can't think of a Ghibli film that isn't worth watching, outside of like Tales of Earthsea. Even their weakest films are better than the your average westernized CGI fare. I wonder what's going to happen now that Studio Ghibli is on a potentially indefinite hiatus. :scared:

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I started watching "Akatsuki no Yona".

I've actually enjoyed it a lot. I expected more action in it, but I like the pacing. Characters are well developed (No, seriously. I know these characters better than I know some of my real friends.

It's a good series for me. I may have to read the manga once the anime ends.

MyBeardisOP

Smash Rookie
NNID
MyBeardisOP
Just joined so I though I would just list off some of my favourite anime

Baccano
Fate/Zero
Gankutsuou
Clannad: After Story
Steins;Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin - Trust and Betrayal.

Haven't watched too many anime recently though, last one I completed was Servant x Service which was entertaining enough and the only seasonal anime I'm watching are Nanatsu no Taizai and Durarara x2. The former of which is ok and the latter I am actually really enjoying. Any other good anime to watch? (seasonal or otherwise)

nessokman

Smash Lord
I've picked up watching Kuroko. I've really enjoyed it so far. The super human abilities of the generation of miracles threw me off, but it's been fun thus far.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica + 3rd movie, and I must say I liked it.

Definitely gripping especially after the first 2 episodes. Plus had nice animation, good visual style (witches) and great music.

The movie definitely was not expected after the ending of the series but I did like the path it took. Although it did nullify some of the consequences of the series in favour of a new twist.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
What do you mean by nullify ?

Also is anyone here into finding obscure mangas that won't ever get adapted to anime ?
It goes from mildly known stuff like Mob Psycho to cult hits like Wakusei no Samidare to completely obscure pieces like blood diver Ringo and the bowlfish man. I've found out a lot of gems through the years (last one being the Voynich Hotel) but I'm always looking for more.

So anyone here has some obscure underground titles to share ?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Usotsuki Lily. I simply LOVE that one.

And although not too obscure (or good), there is also Cage of Eden.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I am seriously loving kuroko.

I would just like to take a second to say that Izuki looks like Roy Mustang.
image.jpg
image.jpg

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anyone here ever read Life is Money?
If not I recommend it
:149:
I've picked up watching Kuroko. I've really enjoyed it so far. The super human abilities of the generation of miracles threw me off, but it's been fun thus far.
I honestly couldn't get into Kuroko
And I like sports manga and sports XD

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Anyone here ever read Life is Money?
If not I recommend it
:149:

I honestly couldn't get into Kuroko
And I like sports manga and sports XD
I really like it. I found looking at it as a basketball series drags it down somewhat, because of all the extreme bull**** plays and techniques that are done past episode 3. I think of it more as a battle series on a basketball court.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I remember trying to get into Kuroko but then dropping it after 3-4 chapters. I guess I'm just bored of generic shonens. The only new one I've managed to pick up is Boku no Hero because I love the art style, the characters have potential and the story hasn't gone full flame of recca yet.

Beside that the only shonens I still keep up with are OP who manages to stay interesting after so long, Bleach which at this point is pretty much my own version of "the young and the restless" (as in I don't care what happens anymore, I just want to see the end) and Hiatus x Hiatus which would be the most glorious manga ever if the author could finish it before he dies.

"Technically" nothing is nullified but the new ending overrides some aspects of the original ending.
Well in that regard it makes it a very good sequel if you oppose it to stand alone movies from various animes where everything is back to normal in the end and the characters can go on like it never happened. The series was complete without the third movie and it still felt like a natural continuation of the story.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well in that regard it makes it a very good sequel if you oppose it to stand alone movies from various animes where everything is back to normal in the end and the characters can go on like it never happened. The series was complete without the third movie and it still felt like a natural continuation of the story.
Never said I had a problem with that. I don't like stand alone movies which have no impact on the main storyline.

That was one aspect of the movie I liked. I agree with you. It was a sequel to an already completed series, and did not feel out of place. It is obvious that it is meant to change things around. Plus I liked the way it lead the series to a slightly unexpected conclusion.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Dressrosa in One Piece is taking way too ****ing long

We already spent 8 chapters on Law's past and his full name of Trafalgar D. Water Law is revealed.
Luffy is currently fighting Bellamy (and just took a haki imbued punch to the gut) while Law lost an arm against Doffy.
Machvise, Lao G, Dellinger, Gladius, Jora, and Senor Pink were all taken out, Baby 5 defected, and, as of now, the top executives, Diamante, Trebol, and Pica remain. Hell, Trebol was severely injured after getting radio knifed by Law.

This already managed to surpass Skypiea in length.
here's my theory: OP's first "arc" before the typical two-year shounen timeskip was already 700 or so chapters long right? So when after this many chapters they went ahead and decided to do a time skip, my thought was that they'd want this post-timeskip half to be just as long as the first. Wouldn't it be lame if they introduced the new characters several years older and stronger and only did a couple hundred chapters before they closed the entire series? Think about Naruto-- the arc where he was 15-17 was eve longer than the arc where we was 12-13 or w/e.

So my point is if they have any hopes of evening out the substance between pre and post timeskip onepiece, they are going to have to DRAAAAAAAG the **** out of ****. And I say go for it. As long as the fights and powers are cool, as long as the characters are developing, as long as the art stays consistently good, Oda can do what he's gotta do to make it to chapter 1400 before drawing a big 'The End'.

In other news I looked at Kill la Kill cosplay and now my loins burn with passion; bad idea

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
here's my theory: OP's first "arc" before the typical two-year shounen timeskip was already 700 or so chapters long right? So when after this many chapters they went ahead and decided to do a time skip, my thought was that they'd want this post-timeskip half to be just as long as the first. Wouldn't it be lame if they introduced the new characters several years older and stronger and only did a couple hundred chapters before they closed the entire series? Think about Naruto-- the arc where he was 15-17 was eve longer than the arc where we was 12-13 or w/e.

So my point is if they have any hopes of evening out the substance between pre and post timeskip onepiece, they are going to have to DRAAAAAAAG the **** out of ****. And I say go for it. As long as the fights and powers are cool, as long as the characters are developing, as long as the art stays consistently good, Oda can do what he's gotta do to make it to chapter 1400 before drawing a big 'The End'.

In other news I looked at Kill la Kill cosplay and now my loins burn with passion; bad idea
There is nothing wrong with something lasting long, I'm just referring to a single arc that is on its 80th chapter (right now on a cliffhanger in regards to Law's fate) and took almost 10 chapters just to get back to Luffy (after he one shotted Bellamy) and his confrontation with Doffy.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I haven't been following this arc hardly at all but I figure they want to blueball the hell out of us before a fight that's prob going to kill off DF, one of the longest running villains of the series (or the longest).

Random: anybody know when I'll be able to finally dl the last naruto movie?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Been watching Parasyte. I haven't watched anime for a while (sticking to manga), but I must say Parasyte hasn't disappointed. On the contrary, it's been rather enjoyable.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I gave Kill la Kill another shot today. I didn't enjoy the first two episodes but after the third, I can kind of see what's good about it. The animation during the fight sequence certainly hit a high point there. The bitter rivalry between Ryuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuin is somewhat interesting but I can't get past how silly it is that they're fighting half naked.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Animation only gets worse after each episode. But the plot gets better and better so it kinda bypasses that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom