• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
wat type of controller do u use i use the remote nunchuk combo its really hard to dashdance on tht

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
^ I can't dashdance with a lone wiimote. D:

On a nunchuck? Just keep tilting it left and right; I never used nunchucks + wiimote. It's going to be hard desynching because I can't really shorthop on the up control stick on it...

If you have a GC controller then I guess you're good, and maybe a bit easier than the Wii sets of controllers.

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
wat?? r u talking about trolling i dont im just here to find out about the ice climbers
and smaci: the nunchuck is hard to dashdance with cuz the analog stick moves too much for me if i accidentily hit down it messes me up

smaci92

Smash Lord
^ I can't dashdance with a lone wiimote. D:

On a nunchuck? Just keep tilting it left and right; I never used nunchucks + wiimote. It's going to be hard desynching because I can't really shorthop on the up control stick on it...

If you have a GC controller then I guess you're good, and maybe a bit easier than the Wii sets of controllers.
lol no you can't dashdance with the wiimote alone...but you know what I meant ;)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
^ I guess it will be extremely hard, harder than using a GC controller. But there is also a hard way for a GC controller acting like a Wiimote.

Like a lone Wiimote, it's like press L/R + A on a GC controller.

If you're used to doing L/R + A on a GC controller or 2 + B on a Wiimote, then maybe it's okay.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Hey what the hell you STOLE MY IDEA!!!!
WTF WTF WTF

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199467

Mine was up like a Day before yours!!!!!! (I guess great mines think alike!...OR YOU COPIED!!!!)

Yet I still approve of this thread. this thread over spam threads any day.......You can even copy my rules if you want....They are good rules..

Anyway........

Instead of making a pointless thread I shall tell my story here.

Recently I lost a tourney. And I am sad.

I played Link and Marth. They are some of my best characters.

The reason I am sad Is because I didn't play the Iceclimbers, Some say that Ice climbers are one of my best characters. Even better than My Link who I have spent months on. (I am very good with Link)

I after the tourney I went to Iceclimbers during friendlies and *****.....

It wasn't even funny. The only reason I didn't use him in the tourney is because I thought it wouldn't be honorable to chain grab people all over FD. It was an online tourney so I couldn't 0-death them anyway because of online lag. I was relying in basic chaingrabs like D-throw > D-throw and > D-throw > Nana Fair. Do not think I rely on chaingrabs. I use chaingrabs, not rely on them, the difference is huge and you IC mains should know that.

My friend who I faced in the tournament said I played with honor by not picking the Ice climbers. But looking back on it, I think it was stupid because I probably could of won with IC. I mean I ***** in our friendlies after wards with them.

So I come to you Ice Climber mains.

Am I honorable. Or am I stupid. You decide.

(But seriously, smart move on making this thread. Its really cutting down spam on the Link boards and I am sure it will do the same here)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Swordplay: It's your choice on what you decide to do. Do you honestly think that playing ICs is honestly dishonorable? If you play ICs to win that fine, it like people playing MK to win, it's totally fine. It's just that people look at the character that know that they have an easier time than some other characters. I don't really know if your honorable or not honestly 0.o

Dark Popo:

SND: Standing Nana Desync
NT Spike: No Throw Spike

That's all I know of...

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
Swordplay: It's your choice on what you decide to do. Do you honestly think that playing ICs is honestly dishonorable? If you play ICs to win that fine, it like people playing MK to win, it's totally fine. It's just that people look at the character that know that they have an easier time than some other characters. I don't really know if your honorable or not honestly 0.o

Dark Popo:

SND: Standing Nana Desync
NT Spike: No Throw Spike

That's all I know of...
Ok thanks.

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
Swordplay:dont feel bad about playing ice climbers they have one of the highest learning curves and can own if someone good at them. I got this from smaci. Thx smaci!!!

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
Hey what the hell you STOLE MY IDEA!!!!
WTF WTF WTF

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199467

Mine was up like a Day before yours!!!!!! (I guess great mines think alike!...OR YOU COPIED!!!!)

Yet I still approve of this thread. this thread over spam threads any day.......You can even copy my rules if you want....They are good rules..

Anyway........

Instead of making a pointless thread I shall tell my story here.

Recently I lost a tourney. And I am sad.

I played Link and Marth. They are some of my best characters.

The reason I am sad Is because I didn't play the Iceclimbers, Some say that Ice climbers are one of my best characters. Even better than My Link who I have spent months on. (I am very good with Link)

I after the tourney I went to Iceclimbers during friendlies and *****.....

It wasn't even funny. The only reason I didn't use him in the tourney is because I thought it wouldn't be honorable to chain grab people all over FD. It was an online tourney so I couldn't 0-death them anyway because of online lag. I was relying in basic chaingrabs like D-throw > D-throw and > D-throw > Nana Fair. Do not think I rely on chaingrabs. I use chaingrabs, not rely on them, the difference is huge and you IC mains should know that.

My friend who I faced in the tournament said I played with honor by not picking the Ice climbers. But looking back on it, I think it was stupid because I probably could of won with IC. I mean I ***** in our friendlies after wards with them.

So I come to you Ice Climber mains.

Am I honorable. Or am I stupid. You decide.

(But seriously, smart move on making this thread. Its really cutting down spam on the Link boards and I am sure it will do the same here)
Since you're asking us, it's awkward that you didn't pick them in a tournament. (not really). But yeah, chaingrabs are banned from tournaments, and I think you should do a better job in telling stories. =P...because some didn't really fit in with others.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Noob IC player.... do you feel sad playing a character with a high learning curve? Cause I haven't

It's your opinion, you choose for yourself Swordplay

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
Noob IC player.... do you feel sad playing a character with a high learning curve? Cause I haven't

Sword is asking us, I prefer asking myself before moving to ask other people, is that normal?...yes.

Anyways, call him Noob for short. :p

I didn't really think the Ice Climbers were hard to use, ever since I had love at first sight...(not the ******** way).

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I don't get that....

Even if he asks us, it's his choice what information to take. All we're doing is helping him. That's it.

smaci92

Smash Lord
@swordsplay: calm down lol. I never visited the link boards once in my life...and also, practically every board had a Q&A thread except for the IC's. so it's about time somebody makes one! I didn't copy your idea...and it's not YOUR idea, because tons of boards had threads like these before yours. I just came to the IC boards, and noticed how disorganized they were, so I made two important new threads. but I understand why you'd be upset if someone copied your thread...but my point is---I DIDN'T COPY YOUR THREAD.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
LoL.......smaci.....You should calm down.....I was just kidding around man.....don't take it so seriously....I know you didn't copy. That was just a bunch of sarcasm......

And uhh.....thanks for calling me a noob I think. You guyz were so helpful (sarcasm)

O and i know what it is like to play a character with a high learning curve...Link. So no I don't feel bad playing characters with high learning curves. That is not the issue.

So just because I may not play him as much as you do or be as good as you or even visit the IC forums as much as you I don't understand how you could claim anybody is a noob. Even Wifi can get you a better understanding of how good a player is than these forums. Your point was made and it was empty.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wait, what's this argument even about? o_o

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just noticed the same render 3 times in a row in a sig. I need to change that. <_<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Me, you, and Frozen Popo have the same Ice Climbers renders in our sigs.

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie

OK thts not wat i meant. i meant u shouldnt feel bad and no i dont justno1. ppl say tht its cheap to play as characters with a high learning curve just because they dont understand how to use tactics advanced as IC. Yea srry sword play listen to justno1 its ur choice.

smaci92

Smash Lord
How do u guys get renders on ur sigs????
remember to edit your posts...double posting = spam. to reply to someone 2 times in 1 post, you click the "quote" button on their message, then ctrl-c, push the edit button on your post, and paste. then write your reply after the quote thing...

to answer your question now: you can use gimp (which is free), or photoshop (which is not free). but it takes a lot of practice to get good at making sigs...

noob IC plyr

Smash Rookie
**** thx anyways thats way to hard but let me get my wii # to u and then i will get u my brawl #

smaci92

Smash Lord
i don't need your wii number. we can brawl without a wii number...just the brawl number is fine.

here's mine:
1976-9868-1900

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
LoL.......smaci.....You should calm down.....I was just kidding around man.....don't take it so seriously....I know you didn't copy. That was just a bunch of sarcasm......

And uhh.....thanks for calling me a noob I think. You guyz were so helpful (sarcasm)

O and i know what it is like to play a character with a high learning curve...Link. So no I don't feel bad playing characters with high learning curves. That is not the issue.

So just because I may not play him as much as you do or be as good as you or even visit the IC forums as much as you I don't understand how you could claim anybody is a noob. Even Wifi can get you a better understanding of how good a player is than these forums. Your point was made and it was empty.

Not you, you don't have noob in your name.

Bunny: There's only 2 kinds of Ice Climbers on that render site which sucks, there should be more ftw.

Plyr: I use Popo Fthrow, Nana jump then FAir, but I think both is great.

Edit: I use the Black & Grey Ice Climbers so it'd be the opposite on Nana and Popo.

Top Bottom