• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Q: Who is a good secondary for ICs? o__o
I use CF atm only for lulz (Knee/Paunch). I need a replacement' preferrably High and lower so Im not called a tier-*****. ;>.>'

smaci92

Smash Lord
I use CF atm only for lulz (Knee/Paunch). I need a replacement' preferrably High and lower so Im not called a tier-*****. ;>.>'
well...you can pick anyone for secondaries...I use ZSS as my second main. I've used her since I first got the game. :)

Binx

Smash Master
Play someone you like who suits your style, thats ridiculous to ask people to decide your character for you ;) I really like DDD and Lucario though, both space pretty well.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Ummmmmmmmmmm......................... Dude its your choice. whatever character you like is a good 2nd

Slush

Smash Cadet
Okay, I want to know if you can still use nana and Forward B to fly back onto the stage while your beneath it. I've seen it in melee, but not yet in Brawl. I'm guessing no, but anyone know for sure?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Mash teh B button when both Climbers Squall. If theres only 1 climber... Bye stock. -.-'

And, I seriously dont know who to choose! <______<''

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well choice-wise i use Link, Yoshi and PT as my other mains. ICs are my first love, but it really just comes down to who you like playing as. if you like playing with them you'll start winning.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I was wondering about 2 things that have to do with grabs:

1. Is the timing different when nana bthrows to popo? or is it the same timing when popo bthrows to nana?

2. How the hell do you do a pivot grab with popo like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiW90quHDqg I'm guessing nana can't pivot grab because she can't pivot? am I right?

besides these to grab questions, I think I've pretty much mastered chainthrowing :) Thanks for any help

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
If I ever picked up a secondary, I would go D3 or Falco just to go along with the theme of chaingrabbing.

@smaci: Yeah, the timing is different since Nana's moves are delayed by a few frames.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
thanks fly for answering my 1st question :) but I got paged and didn't get my first question answered yet:

Malformed Video ID.
I got that error. X__x

EDIT: Take out the "?" at the end of the link, then it works.
I guess its just like a regular Pivot grab, but you have to do it fast/early to make sure you get the grab.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Malformed Video ID.
I got that error. X__x

EDIT: Take out the "?" at the end of the link, then it works.
I guess its just like a regular Pivot grab, but you have to do it fast/early to make sure you get the grab.

Possible answer Smac. ^^' ^^^^^

xoxokev

Smash Lord
hi guys :)
i JUST picked up IC's yesterday and i'm in love with them <3
my questions are:
1. what moves should i use to build damage?
- i like using jabs, dsmash, nana fair cg, side-b
2. what moves should i use to kill?
-usually i do grab to upsmash on c-stick, or bair
3. and finally, HOW DO YOU DO ALTERNATING THROWS!!!???
-i've tried looking at vids, reading guides but they all say the same thing: grab, fthrow/dthrow/bthrow, regrab...

any helpful tips are appreciated, thanks :) !

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
hi guys :)
i JUST picked up IC's yesterday and i'm in love with them <3
my questions are:
1. what moves should i use to build damage?
- i like using jabs, dsmash, nana fair cg, side-b
2. what moves should i use to kill?
-usually i do grab to upsmash on c-stick, or bair
3. and finally, HOW DO YOU DO ALTERNATING THROWS!!!???
-i've tried looking at vids, reading guides but they all say the same thing: grab, fthrow/dthrow/bthrow, regrab...

any helpful tips are appreciated, thanks :) !
1. Squall hammer, Blizzard, up-tilt if they are above you, up air, back air, Down smash, other things that come out quickly but have little ending lag, chain grabs...
2. Forward smash, up smash
3. Well, here are some ways people know when to time the grabs

(For heavy weight characters, add a .5 sec delay in between the throwing command and regrabing command in these instructions. Lighter characters, go as fast as you can)

Down throw
Just throw down and dash grab to regrab (only works on low percents and doesn't work at all on really light characters)

Chain grabs
Down throw cg
Throw down, tilt controls stick forward immediately so the other Ice Climber is walking forward toward the opponent being thrown, and regrab the moment after the opponent is slammed into the ground

Forward throw CG (Something I can never do)
Throw forward but make sure you are tilting the control stick while you are giving the throw command so the other Ice Climber is just walking forward (not running), let the throw continue, when you hear the "Eh" sound they make, press grab and you should be able to regrab if the other Ice Climber walks into the proper area in front of you.

Back throw CG (first thing I learned)
Throw backward by tapping the control stick in the back direction, immediate regrab after you tap the control stick but not at the same time the control stick gets tapped (Leave a tiny delay between the tapping and grab button commands)

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Question: What's the trick to rolling in opposite directions? I've fluked it before.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Flick the control stick left and right quickly and FAST before rolling, then probably they roll at opposite direction.

friswee

Smash Rookie
the fact that he did roll in both directions at once is too awesome. even if it was fluke.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Has anoyne figured what decides if you take the edge, or go above with an up-b from beneath the stage?, I was messing around prectising CG's and stuff when I up-b'd the opponent at the side (slightly lower then the edge). I was hitting the opponent with Nana so my recovery "should" have taking me less far, or to the edge while I for some reason flied up high and on the stage, Nana taking the edge...

smaci92

Smash Lord
the fact that he did roll in both directions at once is too awesome. even if it was fluke.
It's not really that awesome lol. It's just the blonde roll...I do it all the time---sometimes on purpose, sometime by fluke...

Has anoyne figured what decides if you take the edge, or go above with an up-b from beneath the stage?, I was messing around prectising CG's and stuff when I up-b'd the opponent at the side (slightly lower then the edge). I was hitting the opponent with Nana so my recovery "should" have taking me less far, or to the edge while I for some reason flied up high and on the stage, Nana taking the edge...
I'm not quite sure what you mean...but I'll do my best to answer. Here's some of the possibilities when doing upB as a recovery:

1) Your opponent stays on the stage and doesn't edgeguard: You will automatically latch on to the ledge if you're close enough
2) Your opponent edgeguards, and still has his invicibility frames: You will NOT automatically latch on the ledge. Instead, you go above the stage, and keep both Nana and Popo---IF YOU WERE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE STAGE.
3) Your opponent edgeguards, and stays on the edge long enough to lose his invicibility frames: You will NOT automatically latch on the ledge. Instead, if you aim upB right, it will hit underneath the opponent, and the opponent gets knocked off the edge allowing you to recover safely...

Hope I helped ;)

lordterken

Smash Cadet
Is squall hammer better to use then belay. When i get thrown of the edge. Because i use squall hammer. . .

Rykard

Smash Ace
squall gives more height and is easier to control than belay. however if you do it all the time, you will start to get knocked out of it a lot since a lot of moves out prioritize it. i like to mix it up, just remember that peachs turnips will gimp you if you use belay from anywhere under the stage (usually)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
How much damage Ice climber's final smash cause when near to opponents, on contact,and at its peak? Does it causes hitstun?
I don't think it cause too much hitstun. I don't use final smashes, so I don't know. =X

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
How much damage Ice climber's final smash cause when near to opponents, on contact,and at its peak? Does it causes hitstun?
Well I'm pretty sure that most people who compete in tournaments don't use smash balls. But I'm almost 100% certain that the top causes the same amount of damage anywhere on the Iceberg, but the chances of hitstun or freezing is alot higher toward the top.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
So i have been playing brawl for a while now and am still deciding a main between some characters and IC is one of them. The opponent i face the most is Toon link and i have trouble dealing with him. Anyone have any particular advice for TL or characters similar to him?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So i have been playing brawl for a while now and am still deciding a main between some characters and IC is one of them. The opponent i face the most is Toon link and i have trouble dealing with him. Anyone have any particular advice for TL or characters similar to him?

• [*]Ice blocks cancel all of his projectiles, which hurt a big part of his game.

[*]Light weight, so he's easy to chaingrab.

[*]Don't let Nana stay away from you for too long, or TL will gimp and kill her with something stupid...like an arrow...*Flashbacks*

[*]He seems to have trouble seperating them, so take advantage of that.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
let me guess: he spams bombs over and over again, right?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Two Questions:

Why do you climbers have no stage threads? Like srsly.

&

As IC mains, what would you agree are the three best and worst stages for the duo?

Top Bottom