• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

K 2

Smash Lord
I have another question: How does the nana take damage? Does she have a separate damage meter thats invisible to us or does she share the same damage meter as popo?

For example. Popo is at 0%, but I keep attacking nana (when they are separated). Then I fsmash both of them. will nana go flying and get KO'd or will she barely be sent flying like popo?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I have another question: How does the nana take damage? Does she have a separate damage meter thats invisible to us or does she share the same damage meter as popo?

For example. Popo is at 0%, but I keep attacking nana (when they are separated). Then I fsmash both of them. will nana go flying and get KO'd or will she barely be sent flying like popo?
she has her own damage %. for example: if you were to play on health and hit nana and not popo, then she would die first, but popo would still be alive.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I have a question: I love desyncing my IC's...but what if the opponent has projectiles and it keeps messing up my desyncing? do I play synced or what?

Miller

Smash Lord
I have a question: I love desyncing my IC's...but what if the opponent has projectiles and it keeps messing up my desyncing? do I play synced or what?
Stop whatever you were doing and do something else, it obviously isnt working. Approach with shield, and when close enough, SH squall OOS, then try to catch them off guard like that.

You have a lot on confidence in yourself.
Yea I know, I'm just a confident person in general.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
As A Link main I fight a lot of Links (friendlies) and when I got IC against them this situation happens sometimes.....

I find it that if I am ddesync against a projectile spam, I can easily perform spot dodges and eventually approach.

the problem is nana is stupid and if you are desync, she will not dodge with you and get hit a lot. Unless I am going to approach using a desynch > B. I will almost always re synch.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Stop whatever you were doing and do something else, it obviously isnt working. Approach with shield, and when close enough, SH squall OOS, then try to catch them off guard like that.
thanks for the reply millar. It should help. but I suck with abbreviations...could anyone tell me what he meant by OOS?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
OMG.....It looks even better than mine....

Well done Smaci92

Not that you cared but if you did, I realized afterwords that there was a small grammer error in 9.
Sorry I didn't realize it before....

smaci92

Smash Lord
OMG.....It looks even better than mine....

Well done Smaci92

Not that you cared but if you did, I realized afterwords that there was a small grammer error in 9.
Sorry I didn't realize it before....
lol...Thanks again for letting me use the rules! :bee: and I'll go fix #9

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I know I'll sound like the biggest dummy in the world for this, but can someone tell me how to desynch and do chaingrabs and all that weird stuff out of it. I've read all the guides but when I go to training and try to do it, I can't do a thing. Like, can someone tell me the EXACT BUTTONS you are pushing to desynch then do some throw combo's? Thanks, if anyone feels motivated to do so.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I know I'll sound like the biggest dummy in the world for this, but can someone tell me how to desynch and do chaingrabs and all that weird stuff out of it. I've read all the guides but when I go to training and try to do it, I can't do a thing. Like, can someone tell me the EXACT BUTTONS you are pushing to desynch then do some throw combo's? Thanks, if anyone feels motivated to do so.
...Okay. I guess I should finish that guide. z_z

*Goes back to work*

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
you doing a guide??? cool. I can't wait to see it =P
Me too!!:laugh:
Oh and by the way fastlikeme. A basic technique I learned is to grab your opponent and you automatically de-sync. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm. Guys feel free to correct me!!!!!:ohwell:

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Get that guide up quick, man. I just spent an hour and a half trying to desynch and alternate throws. I made absolutely ZERO progress, and still cannot do a single tech with the ICs...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Get that guide up quick, lady. I just spent an hour and a half trying to desynch and alternate throws. I made absolutely ZERO progress, and still cannot do a single tech with the ICs...
I kinda gave up halfway through because I figured no one would look at it. I'm gonna have some videos with annotations just so that no more noobs come in asking how to chaingrab.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Get that guide up quick, man. I just spent an hour and a half trying to desynch and alternate throws. I made absolutely ZERO progress, and still cannot do a single tech with the ICs...
that's wierd...it shouldn't be THAT hard...I learned how to desync in like 20 mins. ya, ofcourse there's still room for improvement, but it didn't take me long to learn...:confused:

chaingrabbing is a whole different story...that took me like 2 hours before I could do them consistently, and I still need work...

I kinda gave up halfway through because I figured no one would look at it. I'm gonna have some videos with annotations just so that no more noobs come in asking how to chaingrab.
aww that's too bad...we probably would have looked at it...but whatever---it's your choice :) Videos sound like a good idea! I'll probably make some desyching and chaingrabbing video guides once I get better too :colorful:

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it took me a while to make substantial progress too. I almost broke my controller in the process of getting the hang of desynch's. The best thing to do is to stay positive and pace your playtime. Otherwise, you're in for a horrible experience.

The problem with chaingrabbing in general is that it's so precise. No matter how many guides a player has they can constantly think they're doing things wrong. That's when they post away with "chain grabs helpz plz!".

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
that's wierd...it shouldn't be THAT hard...I learned how to desync in like 20 mins. ya, ofcourse there's still room for improvement, but it didn't take me long to learn...:confused:

chaingrabbing is a whole different story...that took me like 2 hours before I could do them consistently, and I still need work...

aww that's too bad...we probably would have looked at it...but whatever---it's your choice :) Videos sound like a good idea! I'll probably make some desyching and chaingrabbing video guides once I get better too :colorful:
Yeah, it took me like an hour to get good enough at it to say that I can do it. I've still got a ways to go.
I can't even do a chaingrab yet. I've been getting better but I have a question. What is the best way to throw when you're trying to chaingrab?

Yeah, it took me a while to make substantial progress too. I almost broke my controller in the process of getting the hang of desynch's. The best thing to do is to stay positive and pace your playtime. Otherwise, you're in for a horrible experience.

The problem with chaingrabbing in general is that it's so precise. No matter how many guides a player has they can constantly think they're doing things wrong. That's when they post away with "chain grabs helpz plz!".
I disagree. All you have to do is watch a couple videos and read a couple posts and your good other than the practice that you need.
But I agree with the chaingrabs, they ARE so precise.
:psycho::psycho::psycho:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
dthrow for guarantie to follow up at low % against some characters. Fthrow to avoid tripping, bthrow to give more room for your CG...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Is 2 desynced squall hammah's hitting at the same time equal, less, or more powerful then a synced squall hammah?

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
Is 2 desynced squall hammah's hitting at the same time equal, less, or more powerful then a synced squall hammah?
It's probably situational with the spacing and all, but it's really easily stopped due to the short range and huge lack of priority. I'd suggest alternating blizzards and ice blocks if you're looking for a decent desynched approach...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have a horrible confession.....

DUN DUN DUN

i can't play with the wiimote. i mean i can't play worth ****. the only thing i can play with (har har har, now shut up) is the GCN controller. anyone else like this? i'm pretty positive i'm not alone.

smaci92

Smash Lord
i have a horrible confession.....

DUN DUN DUN

i can't play with the wiimote. i mean i can't play worth ****. the only thing i can play with (har har har, now shut up) is the GCN controller. anyone else like this? i'm pretty positive i'm not alone.
haha practically everyone uses the gamecube controller. I switched a long time ago. I was so glad I did...There's so many more things you can do with the gamecube controller! :bee: good job switching ;) you made a good choice! lol Although I do remember it was a bit hard to switch...but it wasn't too hard

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this isn't switching. this is my school only having wii motes to play brawl. i've always used the GCN controller for SSB, but when i played the other day with the wiimote i got ***** multiple times. the only games i won with the wiimote were with link and yoshi.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i may do that, but its so old that i even have input lag offline. O_o

i've seen a new one at Gamestop for $15, but i don't know about the quality.

smaci92

Smash Lord
i may do that, but its so old that i even have input lag offline. O_o

i've seen a new one at Gamestop for $15, but i don't know about the quality.
I recommend that you don't buy the cheapest controller...I've fell for that before -_-

get the official nintendo ones (even though I think they're like 30 bucks)...I've never had any problems with the official nintendo ones yet...

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
haha practically everyone uses the gamecube controller. I switched a long time ago. I was so glad I did...There's so many more things you can do with the gamecube controller! :bee: good job switching ;) you made a good choice! lol Although I do remember it was a bit hard to switch...but it wasn't too hard
NO, I don't play with GNC controller. I play fine with the wiimote/nunchuck combo.:confused:

I recommend that you don't buy the cheapest controller...I've fell for that before -_-

get the official nintendo ones (even though I think they're like 30 bucks)...I've never had any problems with the official nintendo ones yet...
Yea even though I don't play with them anymore, I played with an off-brand 1 and it broke down. Buy the Nintendo 1's :)

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, I use GCN controller. I didn't give the other choices a chance. =P
And, GCN is best for about every tech for characters, especially ICs. ^_K

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
good. i was in a tourney tonight (wound up playing completely by accident) and i managed to get my hands on a GCN controller. made it to the semis before losing to a sonic. now i know its just the controller and not me....

*whoo!*

Top Bottom