• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Has anyone made a thread on the differences of Nana and Popo? Everyone knows about the Fair spike with Nana but I was wondering if there were others...
Edit: YES i used the search funtion :)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Since I've taken up IC's, I've had a single question on my mind:

Do you really need to know how to preform their infinite in order to use ICs with success? I've already learned to desync blizzard and ice shot, use other combos from grabs and recover safely... is that really something that I need?

IxxI

Smash Fence
You necessarily don't need it, but it would help greatly. I know that as soon as someone see's their opponent using IC's they will really really really camp hard.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Since I've taken up IC's, I've had a single question on my mind:

Do you really need to know how to preform their infinite in order to use ICs with success? I've already learned to desync blizzard and ice shot, use other combos from grabs and recover safely... is that really something that I need?
yes you do.

Prawn

Smash Master
Yes you need it, don't let anyone bull**** you. Sure all that other stuff is find and dandy but at most that makes them mid tier. Plain and simple the CGs and Infiinite CGs are what truly perfects ICs

EDIT:
What's Nana Braking?
Nana braking is basically the act of stopping Nana while she's flying away by perfectly timing a fsmash/usmash or whatever move while she passes you so she completes that action and syncs with you, thereby stopping all her momentum.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Dammit AC. >x< Lol

Yes you need chaingrabs. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;x

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dammit AC. >x< Lol

Yes you need chaingrabs. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;x
On that note: Lain and Meep get a lot more grabs then I do. Watching lain play at Genesis and then comparing my IC's was fun.

I honestly think I'm better at CGing then lain though >_>. The only CG's I messed up in tournament were ones that I tripped. I saw lain miss a bunch :/.

Lain controls blizzard and reads opponents off of it better then any other climber, and meep makes use of ice block better then other climbers.

Just observations.

Prawn

Smash Master
Hylian, I'm pretty sure Lain doesn't care/is fooling around a lot during games too haha. XD

but yeah, I'll try not to sound like I'm sucking up, but you came straight out and just started ****** with the ICs. I'm always impressed when I watch videos of any of the "big three"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I'm pretty sure Lain doesn't care/is fooling around a lot during games too haha. XD

but yeah, I'll try not to sound like I'm sucking up, but you came straight out and just started ****** with the ICs. I'm always impressed when I watch videos of any of the "big three"
I don't know if you should call me "big three" yet. Lain and meep I think are still considerably better then I am. I will get there, but I have work to do.

Prawn

Smash Master
25th at Genesis Hylian,

Don't even say thats not a great accomplishment, you're at least in the same ballpark as them.

EDIT: also lol at holding up a conversation over a few different threads Hylian, haha

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
You're probably sick of the chaingrab questions but I have one....

I'm currently practising the fthrow chaingrab and at the moment I'm quite inconsistent however, with more practise I'm sure I'll improve.

Anyway, after you forward throw to nana/popo (I don't know), I am unable to do another forward throw. I am only able to whack them. If I try throwing them then the other ice climber ends up moving forwards or backwards instead.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Has someone thought of this already?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7VyUtSn-4E
I was thinking it was easier then the original back throw and beginers could get it and I wanted to make a thread about it.
If you can't load it or see it, it is basically a downthrow to Nana and Nana back throwing it back to Popo for a long time. I find it MUCH easier.

EDIT: @ Pacman: Tilt the control stick A LITTLE BIT so you initiate the Fthrow but Nana only moves a little forward, not runing. It takes time, but after like 3 hours of headbanging, cursing and screaming at the top of your lungs, you should get it.
Also Nana moves differently then Popo I think, so you have to get used to that.
And people have a tendency to freak out when Fthrowing so if you really want to get better, Dthrow is better in the long run. :dizzy:

:073:

raidos

Smash Apprentice
So I just fought a nade spamming snake on wifi and I just got beat pretty bad, any tips on fighting nade spammers? I know blizzard and squall do **** cause you will just get blown up if you do this. I also tried to double jump ice blocks but he out camped like nothing.

Any tips guys.

raidos

Smash Apprentice
I always do that chain grab, I find it a lot easier then b-throw to d-throw. It's been known so prob best not to make a whole new thread. :p

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
Good answer.......Fence.

Anyways I got a butt load questions as I want to pick up IC's.

1. What is the best way (fastest) way to get de synced ice blocks going? IDC if its easy or hard just which way is fastest.

2. When a character is laying on the ground, hitting them with an ice block will force them to stand up right? Or is this only after they land on the ground.

3. See question #1, but instead of ice blocks put in blizzard. How do you perform the technique where you jump when you use it to space?

I think thats it but I will probably ask more questions later.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
1. What is the best way (fastest) way to get de synced ice blocks going? IDC if its easy or hard just which way is fastest.

2. When a character is laying on the ground, hitting them with an ice block will force them to stand up right? Or is this only after they land on the ground.

3. See question #1, but instead of ice blocks put in blizzard. How do you perform the technique where you jump when you use it to space?
1. Do the turn around de-sync. Go backwards and turnaround again and hit B ASAP, Popo should do it meaning Nana does the next input. (Might not be the "fastest"

I honestly can't answer q#2. I think doing one Ice Block will lock them like a Jab Lock, that's how it happens with me but maybe im wrong :dizzy:

3. What do you mean the "technique where you jump when you use to space it?"? You just get a de-synced Ice Block once (for me i dunno how else to do it) then go to blizzard.
Also: Nana will blizzard backwards when you input it, so make her SH (Short Hop) and she does it forward (AKA popo does down B Nana does SH down B)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Good answer.......Fence.

Anyways I got a butt load questions as I want to pick up IC's.

I think thats it but I will probably ask more questions later.
1) Do you mean what is the best/fastest way to desynch with ice blocks? I got confused with the question and I thought of shorthopped desynched ice blocks. Dx But uh, it's the pivot desynch.

2) When they land on the ground. If they're lying on the ground for a while, the ice block won't force them to get up.

3) Um... dash dance then Nana Blizzard then jump then Popo Blizzard? After that, shorthop desynch them? I dunno about this. Dx

Edit:
Well, I guess there's some answers you can get from the poster above me. xD

IxxI

Smash Fence
I can do the pivot Ice Block fairly easily, but I mess up sometimes.
What is the exact timing?
I usually end up doing a Squall or a dash dance desync

Back>Front>B
Back>Front>VERY VERY brief pause>B

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) Do you mean what is the best/fastest way to desynch with ice blocks? I got confused with the question and I thought of shorthopped desynched ice blocks. Dx But uh, it's the pivot desynch.

2) When they land on the ground. If they're lying on the ground for a while, the ice block won't force them to get up.

3) Um... dash dance then Nana Blizzard then jump then Popo Blizzard? After that, shorthop desynch them? I dunno about this. Dx

Edit:
Well, I guess there's some answers you can get from the poster above me. xD
oh my god, chibi started posting again. O_O

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone identify what chaingrabs I was doing today (was practising forward throw and got bored) as I'd like to know how to repeat them...

1st was a dthrow chaingrab up to the usual percentage but instead of the one person moving forward it alternated between the two. So one would dthrow, then other would dash and grab and dthrow etc. Think I moved analog stick (nunchuck) either down then forward or diagonally down.

2nd and 3rd were similar dthrows to each other but instead of just dashing and catching in one it seems like they made a sudden spurt for the person and grabbed them and the other seemed like they didn't move at all and regrabbed. Was doing some directions as one above.

Can anyone explain these as I'd like to be able to repeat them again: once I got them going they were quite reliable (and sorry for all the questions lately)?

.AC.

Smash Lord
didnt know where to look for this, but id figure you guys :popo: would know.

can anyone explain to me the best/fastest way to get out of a grab:random:
cuz ive heard wayy too many methods and i wanna know which one IS the best one.
There is no best one,mashing out of grabs depends on the player getting grabbed and the one performing the chaingrab,i think the best you can do is press all buttons and rotate the control stick.Each button/rotation counts as one input,which decreases the time you are grabbed.The best you can do is not get grabbed,or choose a character that has a relatively good matchup against ICs.(mk,snake etc)

½NIÇK½FBM

Smash Apprentice
Time for another butt load of Q's. Actually just one but it probably has a lot of answers.

1. What are all the ways to get one IC to hog the edge and the other to stay on the stage? Also, which is the fastest?

Top Bottom