• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
):

I thought my part was asking the question.

Was in a bit of a hurry and didn't feel like digging. Nevermind though, I found it.
Thanks I guess?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its good to know i know longer have to post. you have all adopted my mentality, and it has given me so much more time to explore other topics.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lawd, Peach is hard for ICs imo.

Against dair, do you just space blizzard, or would they be able to SDI -> punish with some quick aerials?

sauc3

Smash Lord
When nana and Popo are normally synched, how many frames delayed are Nana's actions?
there's no delay in action, its a delay in reaction. ***** has to follow popo, so i guess the human reaction time, which is about 0.2s, which translates into about 12 frames.

Just using logic here, don't hate.

sauc3

Smash Lord

Against dair, do you just space blizzard, or would they be able to SDI -> punish with some quick aerials?
peach is hella easy, but don't space blizzard cuz she can turnip through that ****.

Nair OoS works wonders against peach if she floats above you with dairs (bair if she floats up and behind you). Just wait for it to finish then ****.

They then have to work on alternate approaches, that you can usually adapt to and punish quite easily.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

Against dair, I CP MK and upb. That matchup is too annoying.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just wall peach with nairs and squall her when she throws a turnip >_>.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't think any of you have played a good peach :laugh:

synced blizzard is really good against her though, she can't fall fast enough after she breaks out to hit you with anything

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't think any of you have played a good peach :laugh:

synced blizzard is really good against her though, she can't fall fast enough after she breaks out to hit you with anything
I've played almost every peach lol. I haven't played nicole..that's about it I think haha.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm a GaW/random main, but I've been fooling around with IC's at a friend's place and can 0-high-percent or death his MK and Kirby using the backthrow-downthrow chaingrab (with less than 15 matches of IC experience lol). I enjoy playing as IC's, but I only have an HDTV at home. So my question is, is it a good idea to practice chaingrabs on an HDTV, or should I just keep my IC playing to regular TV's? I know IC chaingrabs require virtually perfect timing at high percents, and I'm worried that practicing on an HDTV too much will make my timing completely wrong.

Also, some of you guys may have heard about me from Grimice. We often play smash together (though he has a tendency to roll into my 9's... even when I judgement the wrong way lol). I don't know what he says here, but his IC's aren't that good. They are soo bad that Nana just gives up and walks away and suicides at least once a match. (lol jk Grim's pretty good :p <3 )

But yeah, I'm picking up like 15 characters and trying to get them at high enough level play, and I'm trying to make IC's one of them. Is practicing chaingrabs on an HDTV a bad idea?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Green Greens is great for the ICs, and component cables REDUCE, but do NOT eliminate lag.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Lets just say my hdtv sucks. I play smash 64 competitively, and the TV lags so much that I can't play smash 64 at all at home (sure it's a couple of frames, but... well, for those of you who play smash 64, you'll know one frame changes everything).

So basically, the TV lags immensely.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It's doable, IMO. But honestly, I think it's kinda dumb that they would use thoe kinda TV's knowing that they could effect gameplay.

Teh Future

Smash Master
HDTVs can be very bad or almost unnoticeable (I always notice it now :( but its still playable on most). Like rthreed dzeronine said it depends on the TV.

Also there are no safe OoS options against Peachs dair D: You have to avoid being under her unless you have a full shield. nair/bair only works depending on what the do after the dair is over. nair will come out before it and she can just float backwards and punish you with fair after your hitbox :(

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Depends on the model, year, and brand. The TV's i play on are very good.
Pretty much. The HDTV practice on has unnoticeable lag imo. I'm going to try and get this other TV in here to test it though.

I have played on a non HDTV and still CG'd prefectly. Maybe we should look up TVs and make a list. =P

ch33s3

Smash Lord
HDTV is like playing in a decent wifi connection. Pain in the ***, and I hate it, but I'll deal.

Top Bottom