• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Might as well give my list:

Characters
Sami
Layton
K. Rool/Dixie
Ice Climbers
Inkling
Wolf
Chorus Kids
Neku
Bomberman

Stages
Pokémon Stadium 1
Green Greens
Fourside
Yoshi's Island to Wii U
Skyworld to 3DS
Bowser's Castle

Modes
Mii Fighters added to All-Star Mode
Brawl All-Star Mode
3DS Classic for Wii U

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As a Mother fan I just really, really want Smash Wii U to get Magicant, and upgrade it to glorious HD.

It would be so beautiful guys.

So...

Beautiful.

Hopefully the Duck Hunt stage coming to the 3DS version is a sign and we get some 3DS stages on the Wii U version. Along with Magicant I'd like to see Gerudo Valley as well.
Even though I'm more of a Fourside man myself, Magicant would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't even mind if it shared music with Onett, seeing Magicant in HD would be more than enough reason for me to buy it.

I would like to see something from Wario Land though...I don't even care if it's more music, just something that acknowledges its existence... ; - ;

I mean, Wario Ware is all well and good, but Wario Land is where it all started for Wario, and it saddens me greatly that there's next to nothing for it in Smash.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Even though I'm more of a Fourside man myself, Magicant would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't even mind if it shared music with Onett, seeing Magicant in HD would be more than enough reason for me to buy it.

I would like to see something from Wario Land though...I don't even care if it's more music, just something that acknowledges its existence... ; - ;

I mean, Wario Ware is all well and good, but Wario Land is where it all started for Wario, and it saddens me greatly that there's next to nothing for it in Smash.
Something about Wario Land is definately overdue. The optimal choice would be to revamp a part of his moveset, but since that is not possible in this game, a stage or some Wario Land music would be really nice for the series.

Last edited:

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
(Am I allowed to copy&paste from the other thread to here? Well, here goes. Feel free to remove the post, mods, if I'm not.)

(I would have put mewtwo there too but the image looked way too big, his shiny outfit is just a green tail/belly)

I would pay $5-10 for a Shiny pokemon pack, complete with sounds. It's a huge missed opportunity, I think. They are usually good at honouring source material. I do however think that they missed out big time on shiny pokemon costumes, and you'd think that they would've caught on from brawl to smash 4 (at least with Lucario).

Keep in mind that these pictures are fan-made palette swaps--if they can do it, as well as the project M team can do it (and even do add-ons to character models, might I add! Battle armour mewtwo... :c again, missed opportunity ) why can't it be put in the game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. It'd be cool to play on for glory and see a shiny 'cario... That would capture the excitement of playing an actual pokemon game, and encountering a shiny randomly. I also am willing to wager that a lot of people who play smash as well as pokemon have no idea that shinies exist because they've never seen one. They'd look it up after seeing it in smash. I think.

It's also weird that they put shiny greninja in it but not properly, with the white on the fins. Does anybody else think that's strange? Maybe it's so that he can be seen on the darker stages such as Lylat, pac-man stage on 3ds, orbital gate assault, etc. I dunno man.

I also may add that Little Mac has 16 costumes, and even though they're wire frame additions, it still feels weird. Especially considering that wireframe sweatshirt mac has a pink one, while regular mac (when the match starts) has a green one. It pretty much shows to me that having shiny pokemon in the game is something they don't want or are just lazy/reluctant to do. PIT HAS 16 COSTUMES TOO, THE LAST 8 ARE CALLED DARK PIT LOLOLL FUNNY JOKE.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just because a character is third-party doesn't mean it'll be the most hype inducing newcomer. We already have four third-party characters in Smash 4, including one who is the only DLC newcomer for now, so I doubt we're in the context where a third-party ballot character would undoubtedly be the most hyped addition - and to be honest I don't remember Pac-Man being particularly that much more hyped than other newcomers like Palutena or Bowser Jr. after all.

I think that the ballot "fan service" relying on third-parties and thus on guests rather than sticking with what Smash Bros. is supposed to be - an all-star cast of Nintendo characters - would feel underwhelming imo. Then again it depends on who this character is, but there are almost no characters I can think of who seem worthy of being the new DLC guest in Smash 4 in my eyes - I seriously doubt someone like Rayman would be more hyped than the likes of K. Rool, Inkling or Bandanna Dee. Then again many people want Snake back, he's without a doubt the third-party character with the most support due to already being in a previous Smash game, but personally I don't mind him being a one-time deal. Of course those are just my opinion.
From my experience I certainly remember alot more people subtle or otherwise excited that we basically have the Mount Rushmore of Gaming History (Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man) in Smash after Pac-Man was revealed E3 2014 then Palutena or Bowser Jr. But then again I suppose we pretty much knew Palutena was going to be a newcomer after the Smash Direct (There were so many clues that it's almost surprising that Palutena wasn't the reveal at the end instead of Greninja) and we found out Junior was in the game thanks to the ESRB leak.

I only said that one of the characters is likely a 3rd Party. There had to be a reason Nintendo did not restrict it to 1st Party characters. I'm not one of those who think all the characters added through the ballot may be 3rd Party. I do think we'll have at least 2/3 (Or 3 out of 4 if there's a fourth) that are strictly Nintendo. But I imagine if Nintendo didn't want space for one more 3rd Party they would of restricted it to 1st Party characters in the first place.

There's no doubt that 3rd Party characters generate hype though, even if we feel different about 3rd Parties. (I think naturally with each new installment of Smash 3rd Party restrictions are going to get smaller and smaller. Ex: I fully believe at least one 3rd Party franchise could get more then one character in the next Smash. Like the Sonic franchise for being so popular and Sega being good friends with Nintendo for a long while now (Their friendship has lasted longer then their rivalry at this point)) I understand if you feel that may ruin the Nintendo feel for you, but I see it as long as the 3rd Parties have a respectable history on Nintendo systems they count as an extended family so to speak. I don't think they've really crossed any lines so far in my point of view. (That is unless that Shovel Knight rumor turns out to be true, then that IS really when they've gone a little too far)

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Might as well join in on DLC wants. Order is arranged from most wanted (top) to least wanted (bottom).

Characters
Snake
Rayman
Paper Mario
Wonder Red
Shovel Knight
King K. Rool

While these are my top wanted, I would welcome any other character (Like Issac, Wolf or Bandana Dee)

Stages
Magicant (3DS to Wii U)
Shadow Moses Island (Snake)
Big Blue
Band Land (Rayman)
Poke Floats
Mute City (3DS to Wii U)

Mii Costumes
Jimmy T. (Wario Ware)
Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Duster (Mother 3)
Masked Man (Mother 3)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Grey Fox (Metal Gear)
M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Dr. Eggman (Sonic)

There's most likely other outfits and stages I would like, though these were the ones that came to mind. Anyways, let's ride this ride out to the very end and hope some news comes out soon.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Characters
There are actually a bunch of characters that I want. But, I'll only list my top fifteen, minus the characters from overrepresented series or that are deconfirmed. This is in order, by the way.
  • Maxwell
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Daitoryo
  • Isaac
  • Dynal
  • Urban Champion
  • King K. Rool
  • Black Mage
  • Ninten
  • Daisy
  • Black Shadow
  • Sceptile
  • Snake
  • Jura
  • Nibbles
Stages
  • Poké Floats
  • Spear Pillar
  • Fourside
  • New Pork City
  • Stonecarving City
I really don't see why any stages get cut.

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Seems like everybody, even the users from the past thread are posting who or what they want again. Might as well give it another shot.
Characters
Sceptile
Wolf
Rayman
Bandana Dee
Impa
Cia
Krystal
Shadow
Zoroark
Gardevoir
Snake
K.rool

Stages
New stages
Fourside
Spear Pillar
Brinstar depths
Mute city (Melee)
Great Bay
Prism Tower
Paper Mario
Unova Pokémon league
Shadow Moses Island
Pokémon Stadium

Modes/everything else
Break the targets (unique for every character)
Story mode
More stage builder supplies
Offline tournament mode
Any new game mode

All of this happening will make me very happy but I definitely wont expect all of this. This is just my wish list.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Welp here goes mine...
Characters:
1. King K. Rool
2. Inkling
3. Isaac
4. Wolf
5. Rayman
6. Snake
7. Bandana Dee
8. Impa
9. Krystal
10. Ice Climbers

The only new stage I would like to happen in Smash4 is a Splatoon stage and I hope its either Inkopolis or Black Belly Skatepark.

EDIT: The ones in bold are the ones I really want to see.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What kinds of DLC would you guys want to see ?

Personally, I'd want the return of "Break the Targets" and "Board the Platforms" modes.
While we are at it, having Character unique Breka the targets and Board the platforms would be great.

I'd speed run the crap out of Ganondorf's board the platforms.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Might as well...

Characters:
King K. Rool
Isaac
Lip (highly doubt it though)
Dixie Kong

Stages:
Gangplank Galleon (doubt we'll get it, though, they'll probably use Pirate Ship for K. Rool's trailer instead)
Venus Lighthouse
Inkopolis (I don't care that much about getting Inklings as a character, but I'd at least like a stage from Splatoon)
Rhythm Heaven ('eh, kinda interested, I think this series would be represented great with a stage)
Kongo Jungle Melee (more likely than GG)
Big Blue (probably won't happen but why isn't this stage in the game?)

More stages added between versions:
Kongo Jungle 64/Jungle Japes even exchange (this is probably the most likely DK stage DLC to happen)
Onette/Magicant even exchange
Port Town Aero Dive/Mute City even exchange
Wii Fit Studio on 3DS (without the mirrors)
Gerudo Valley on Wii U (probably won't happen, but I'd like to see it on Wii U)

Game Modes:
Break the Targets (preferably for all characters)
Board the Platforms (MAYBE)
Race to the Finish (DEFINITELY)
Adventure Mode (OMG would love but don't think it'll happen)
Event Matches for DLC Characters (I think its possible)
Challenge Board for DLC Characters (again, possible; they might be waiting on the rest of the characters to do these things)

That's about it for now.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Might as well post my list.

Characters
As far as realistic (or as realistic as you can get when discussing DLC when we don't know what the criteria is or who's been picked) choices go, I'd like to see Wolf, Snake, some form of Ice Climber(s), Rayman, K. Rool, or Inkling. Golden Sun's Isaac and Ray from Custom Robo are maybes - I wouldn't mind seeing them, but as I'm not overly familiar with their games, I wouldn't be as excited for them as I would for other characters on my list.

As for unrealistic choices, ones that I realize are very unlikely to happen, my list would include Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Isa Jo (or anyone from Sin & Punishment), Mike Jones from Star Tropics, and Ridley.

Stages
-Shadow Moses Island
-Summit
-a Donkey Kong stage that isn't based on a jungle - ideally, something based on Donkey Kong Country 2
-a Metroid stage that isn't based around lava - Metroid games have pretty diverse environments, and it would be nice to see that reflected in Smash
-I think that stages based on Urban Champion or Excitebike could be interesting, as far as retro options go
-Fourside
-a Wonderful 101 stage that's like Skyloft or Isle Delfino, where you tour through Blossom City and see some of the game's big events in the background. Actually, any Wonderful 101 stage would be great

Modes
I'd like to see event matches that incorporate DLC characters, more stage builder supplies, and maybe bringing back Break the Targets or Board the Platforms (though I could see that one being difficult for the team to pull off with less people)

Of course, this is all the ideal for me - even if we only got one or two of the characters that I listed and none of the other stuff, I'd be satisfied with the DLC.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll take part in this as well!

Characters:
King K. Rool.
Isaac
Inkling
Snake
Wolf
Krystal
Shantae
Bandanna Dee, and a number of other characters I haven't but support, including Sylux, Ray (Custom Robo), Rayman...

Stages:
Gangplank Galleon
Venus Lighthouse
Inkopolis
Shadow Moses Island, Mother Base
I don't really think about potential stages as often as I do with characters.

Game Modes:
Break the Targets
Board the Platforms
That is all.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Personally, I'm hoping to see:

Characters
-K. Rool, just like errybuddy else.
-Ray 01/ MK III
-Chibi Robo, although Zip Lash did him the largest disservice possible
-Inklings b/c they would be super fun with their large arsenal
And then I'm always down for fancy new Fire Emblem characters

Stages
-Holosseum from Custom Robo
-Living Room from Chibi Robo
-a Splatoon stage
-Prism Tower brought over from 3DS. I love that stage.
-New tourney legal stages. Haha

Misc
-Music packs
-Skin packs
-Maybe an adventure mode. Even i they took Melee adventure mode, reskinned it, and added the new characters to the mode. All the original stuff from Melee adventure could stay 100% the same. It's still fun.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I really, really hope Sector Z returns.

That is by far my favorite SSB64 stage.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Seems like everyone is posting ideas for a new stage, unlike me who just listed old stages. Might as well try it out.

Inkopolis
Space Colony Ark
Pokemon Stadium 3
Poke floats 2
Anywhere from ORAS
Bowser's Castle
Bowser express from Super Mario 3D world.
Yoshi's island final bossfight stage
Anywhere from Xenoblade X
Anywhere from the Metroid series that doesn't take place in lava
Gyromite stage
Eshop stage (I'm dead serious)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Characters:
Rayman
King K. Rool
Inkling
Shantae

Stages:
Band Land (Rayman)
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
Inkopolis (Splatoon)
Scuttle Town (Shantae)
Pac-Maze (3DS to Wii U)
Death Egg Zone (Sonic)

Mii Costumes:
Dr. Eggman (Sonic) (Gunner)
Shovel Knight (Swordfighter)
Barbara (Rayman) (Swordfighter)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter) (Brawler)
Ken (Street Fighter) (Brawler)
Phosphora (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Brawler)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The one stage I really want is Homecoming hijinx based on the level of the same name in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. The battle would take place right outside DK's house and looks almost exactly like that opening area, however some things are added like some extra platforms, vines that fighters can swing on, patches of ice on the ground below which can cause the fighters to slide. There's also a chance one of the snowmads ships will crash into the stage creating a dangerous hazard. The right side of the stage is also a walk-off

I think it'd be an interesting stage especially since now that the Ice Climbers are gone, there's no ice based stage, plus the soundtrack would be amazing

And that's just three of the world's songs

Oh and the boss theme is hype as hell

Last edited:

Zeekfox

Smash Cadet
I don't know that this much DLC is good for a game with such a big competitive scene though. Eventually, support for such gets discontinued, so already, this game can't have a run like Melee because discontinued DLC issues will probably kill it. Granted, that's years on down the line, but it's still not a good look for a game that already has a split over customs since most TO's find it to be too much effort to make sure everything's unlocked. And those customs are on every disc already.

And from a personal standpoint, I wish DLC was unlockable through ingame currency, at least after they've been out for a while. These extra characters are already downloaded, but just hidden behind a paywall so I can't play them or practice against them, which hinders my ability to play online fairly. There's no restriction on my opponents picking characters that I can't access and using them against me. It leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth to lose to a scrubby Ryu just because you don't have the ability to practice and get acclimated to the look and properties of focus attacks.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, new topic. Alright!

In the vein of it, I shall post my 'wants', I guess...

Characters:

King K. Rool
Wolf
Ray MK (Or any Custom Robo Rep fitting for the game...)

(I'm not against any other character or ones that I didn't mention, but the three above are the ones that I would LIKE to see in the game and Possible at that for the SM4SH run of DLC-wise. So for now, sorry Ridley, perhaps in the sequel...)

Stages:

Mute City (Melee)
Venom (Melee)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
Fourside (Melee)
Pokefloats (Melee)
and...
:shadowmoses:
Any other new unnamed stage, not sure, but any idea implemented well could suffice that.

Modes:

Break the Targets (Original Mode, no Target Bomb or Explosives or anything of the sort...)
Adventure-esque Mode.
Tournament Offline Mode.

Just to name a few of the things I'd like to see as DLC in the game.

:bowser:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't know that this much DLC is good for a game with such a big competitive scene though. Eventually, support for such gets discontinued, so already, this game can't have a run like Melee because discontinued DLC issues will probably kill it. Granted, that's years on down the line, but it's still not a good look for a game that already has a split over customs since most TO's find it to be too much effort to make sure everything's unlocked. And those customs are on every disc already.

And from a personal standpoint, I wish DLC was unlockable through ingame currency, at least after they've been out for a while. These extra characters are already downloaded, but just hidden behind a paywall so I can't play them or practice against them, which hinders my ability to play online fairly. There's no restriction on my opponents picking characters that I can't access and using them against me. It leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth to lose to a scrubby Ryu just because you don't have the ability to practice and get acclimated to the look and properties of focus attacks.
I find it to be a pretty selfish thought that there shouldn't be DLC because you or somebody who can't purchase the DLC can't practice against them. Also I disagree that the DLC should be obtainable with in-game currency. The game itself already had more content than multiple games put together, and the company still needs to spend money to make content. If they aren't making money, they can't spend money. And also the competitive community seems to really enjoy the add-on content anyways. It's always a lot of fun when a new character gets added to the meta, just ask basically every other competitive game community. And as far as fairness online goes, the player bought the character. You didn't. That's not their/anyone else's problem that you didn't want to/can't buy the content, and that shouldn't limit other people's ability to have fun with the game.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Might as well chime in myself with my wants.

CHARACTERS
Snake
Wolf (Star Fox)
King K. Rool
Inkling

STAGES
Corneria and several other exclusive to one version copied to the other
Pokemon Stadium 1 or Saffron City
Stages themed to the characters I want to see (except Wolf, we have plenty of Star Fox levels, unless they wanna make something from something coming up in Zero)

MODES
An Adventure Mode of any kind
I haven't played in a while so I dunno if they was rectified yet but offline Tournament Mode

Troykv

Smash Master
Wishlist (a little bit short)

Characters:

• Micaiah
  • Adeleine
  • Bandana Dee
  • K. Rool
Stages:
  • Tower of Guidance (Fire Emblem)
Other Stuff
  • Japanese/English voice switch
  • Hazardless switch
  • More music!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
The DLC I would like to see, and likely won't happen anyway:

Also included is a more in-depth description for each of the stages I want to see.
It's pretty crudely drawn but I wasn't too worried about making it look pretty as long as it gets my idea across.

BONUS STAGE (Sonic The Hedgehog 2)
- Platform floats while driving you through the tube-like arena
- The environment twists and turns, staying true to it's appearance in Sonic.
- Bombs may come towards the stage from the vanishing point
Music in this stage:
Sonic 2 Bonus, Sonic Heroes Special Stage, Sonic Adventure Twinkle Circuit, Sonic Advance 3 Chao Race, Neo Tokyo (Pulseman)

LOR STARCUTTER (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
- Travels through Stage 8 of KRtD (Another Dimension) then goes through a warp gate, crashing into Dreamland
- Sphere Doomers appear as a Stage Hazards during the flying segment
- Bandanna Waddle Dee cameos in the background during the crash segment; he throws 1 lost part of the ship each time he appears.
- When Bandanna Waddle Dee brings the last lost ship part, it will go back into the air; if you aren't on the ship when it lifts off, you will die.
Music in this stage:
Another Dimension, Looming Darkness, Sky Tower, Strato Patrol EOS, Top Ride: LIGHT

NIGHT WALK (Rhythm Heaven)
- Stage moves constantly to the right.
- Platforms will start appearing at different heights as the stage moves, but will then settle down to an even level after the trip is done
- Jumping when on top of a square will boost you high into the air.
Music in this stage:
Night Walk, Space Dance, Lockstep, Shoot-Em-Up, Space Soccer, Rhythm Heaven series Title Medley

KelseyEevee133

Smash Rookie
I know that this would be more appropriate for Project M, but is it possible that anyone on here who has Blender (or any kind of advanced modeling and programming software) to create custom models for DLC for the Wii U/3DS version of Smash? I'm such an amateur at rigging 3D models as well as programming them to do certain things. I mean, I do have Blender, but I can't rig models and program them to do certain things. I know that there's the Models Resource, where you can pretty much get and download any 3D model you want. However, some of the models from a certain series or franchise (eg. Pokemon/Pokemon X and Y) are not either uploaded yet or missing. (Just so you know, I am a HUGE Pokemon fan.) I really wanted to download a Glameow model, but I couldn't find one available for download on there, so I resorted to another not-so-well website where I could actually download an actual model of Glameow without any problems. Here's where I happened to find a perfectly good model of the Pokemon, Glameow. http://roestudios.co.uk/project/3d-pokemon-models/431-glameow/ You should be able to fiddle around with the model without any problems in 3D software programs such as Blender, Maya, etc. If anyone is up to doing my request in making Glameow a playable character in Project M (or possibly Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS), I will pay you back with a picture of your choice. :)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Characters:
Lyn
Krystal
Kos-mos
Bayonetta

If only.

Though cool characters like Isaac, snake, rayman, bomberman, takamaru, dixie, banjo, would be cool to see even though im not a avid supporter or anything, like i am with those 4.

Just give me Fountain of dreams at least samurai.

Zeekfox

Smash Cadet
I find it to be a pretty selfish thought that there shouldn't be DLC because you or somebody who can't purchase the DLC can't practice against them. Also I disagree that the DLC should be obtainable with in-game currency. The game itself already had more content than multiple games put together, and the company still needs to spend money to make content. If they aren't making money, they can't spend money. And also the competitive community seems to really enjoy the add-on content anyways. It's always a lot of fun when a new character gets added to the meta, just ask basically every other competitive game community. And as far as fairness online goes, the player bought the character. You didn't. That's not their/anyone else's problem that you didn't want to/can't buy the content, and that shouldn't limit other people's ability to have fun with the game.
There's already plenty of income that goes with the game. It's a $60 title. There's a GCN adapter that only works with it, which Nintendo clearly wants you to buy given that there are new GCN controllers with Smash logos on them. And let's not forget the Amiibo sales, some of which I believe only apply to Smash. And there are the sales of the Mii outfits, which are perfectly fine.

I don't like the selling of characters, though. It's difficult to play against a Ryu or Lucas when I'm not able to learn the characters because of just a literal paywall. There's nothing in the spirit of competition about having to drop extra $20 to unlock things, a cost that'll just keep growing the more characters they add. If someone else wants to pay $7 to play as Ryu, good for them. I'd rather it not be against me, but I don't have a way to request that my FG opponents select someone on the original roster.

But also, ingame currency unlocks aren't such a bad thing. People could still send money to Nintendo, while also increasing the overall availability of the content. Then we can leave the hard paywalls to freemium games and pay-2-win MMO's.

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Characters
Also, in regards to character DLC, I think third parties should have a max of 2 reps, from 2 franchises, so while I would like Tails or Knuckles and even Amy Rose to an extent as an extra SEGA rep, I want to give their other games a chance.

Stages (Returning to New)
  • Saffron City (64)
  • Brinstar Depths (Melee)
  • Pokefloats (Melee)
  • Fourside (Melee)
  • Metroid Stage w/out lava or acid
  • Dr. Mario Stage
  • Tetris Stage
  • Stages for Characters without a stage
  • Any Kirby Stage
  • Hyrule Warriors Stage
  • Bowsers Castle
Songs
There are so many so I'll just what I can think of at the moment With an Exception.

• Almost every sonic song ever
  • Central Highway )Original/Remix)
  • Companions (Fire Emblem 7) (Original/Updated)
  • Hyrule Field Twilight Princess Hyrule Warriors Version
  • Koopa Road (SM64) Original/Remix)
  • Dire Dire Docks (SM64) (Original/Remix)
  • Peach's Castle (SM64) (Remix if Original won't fit)
  • Brinstar (Super Metroid) (Original/Remix)
  • Castle/Fortress Theme (SMW) (Original/Update/Remix)
  • Battle Theme (FFI/FFVI) (Combined, either or both) (Original/Remix)
  • Cave Theme (Kirby Series) (Remix)
  • DKC2 Medley (Remix)
  • Outset Island/ Windwall Island Combination song of beauty (WW) (Original if possible/Remix)
  • Title theme or Credits (WW) (Original You DON'T mess with such beauty!)
Modes
  • Break the Targets (Preferably one for each character)
  • Board the Platforms (Preferably one for each character)
  • Adventure Mode (Either Melee or Brawl -esque)
  • Offline Tourney Mode
  • Smash Run for Wii U
  • Classic mode not a decent game mode that replaces a perfect single player mode leaving almost no good single player options
  • Ending Battle of Smash tour where characters represent you stocks. Don't have a name for it.
  • Tower of Smash from that rumor a while a go
Other
8 Costumes for all Chracters (except Little Mac, because He already has 16) Possibly alts like Scrubs for the Doc, Young Link for Toon Link, OoT versions of Zelda Characters, Brawl version of Samus's Suit

That's what I want. Don't want all to happen, just a few.
I think I might've gone a bit overkill though.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Here's my Top 10 Characters;
1)Ridley
2)Savvy Stylist
3)King K Rool
4)Issac/ Matthew
5)Lip
6)Ray Mk3
7)Chibi Robo
8)Medusa
9)Bayonetta
10)Sami

All have good reasons to be playable and none has any believable reason why they shouldn't

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Couldn't that be resolved if they released a physical complete version at some point? I could see them possibly releasing a complete version in the future.

Besides that, not everybody is concerned about the competitive scene. Sakurai himself probably isn't too worried about it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't see how the current character DLC we've gotten is lackluster when it's been a) one of Smash 4's most requested veterans and most requested characters period :4mewtwo:, b) two less wanted but still notable veterans from a previous game :4lucas: :4feroy: and c) a fighting game legend who defined the genre :4ryu:.

I want newcomers as much as the next guy, but all four have merits to stand on regardless and are certainly good picks.
I wouldn't say it's lackluster but currently I'm not satisfied personally.
Roy & Lucas are semiclones and two playstyles I rarely use. I'd prefer other veterans (ivy, squirt , wolf or snake) instead but I understand why they have been added since they are very popular.

But I shouldn't judge too much yet until all DLC has been released.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Modes:

- Online Stock
- Adventure Mode (Akin to Melee)
- Break The Targets
- Board The Platforms
- New Stock New Character
- A Classic Classic Mode (Where you feel like your entering various opponents universe)
- More Villain characters.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The new stock new character mode would be cool, but I think it'd only work on Wii U. The 3DS couldn't handle those character changes, which is why transformations were removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom