• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
And I'd say properly representing the main three comes before adding any of the side characters...
I think the main three are pretty much well represented save for maybe Ganondorf who deserves his own moveset. Anyway, this is getting a bit silly. I'll admit that my comment regarding Impa was poorly written, but I'm not interested in continuing this battle any further. Impa remains my most wanted Zelda newcomer. Plain and simple as that.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If all we get it Inklings, Isaac, and Wolf I would be happy. Other honorable mentions that I'd be happy with too is King K Rool, Krystal(I'd really like this, but my realistic mind stops me from supporting her), Snake, and Captain Toad(and his squad as alts).

For a new stage a Splatoon related one would be nice, along with a returning stage.

Although honestly, outside of anything ridiculous I wouldn't be disappointed with any DLC Nintendo gives us as long as it comes soon.
I want Krystal as well but since she is so unlikely and isn't high on my want list anyway, I simply support her less than most of the characters I support.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I think I'm missing a lot of why Dixie is prominent on these boards. BKupa666 BKupa666 can you help me out here? She's a pretty awesome character, but it feels like Nintendo doesn't let me appreciate her. Her fanbase (along with most of the online DK fanbase) seems to come out of nowhere for me.

Does she have a large following outside of Smashboards? If she does, why haven't I heard about her? Generally what age group of Nintendo fans like this character? Why do you guys like her?

(Also did Tropical Freeze have generally poor advertising? I haven't heard from this game since Reggie went on that gaming awards show back in late 2013/early 2014. I don't recall its name; I think it had an X in it?).

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
I want some more options and leverage to the online modes probably more than I want new characters and stages. Not that I wish to reveal my wanted characters here and getting unnecessarily judged anyways. I really want the potential online experiences to be even better. If you got any relevant ideas, reply if you want to.

• For Fun/Glory Team Stock (Team Attack Off)
  • For Fun/Glory Team Stock (Team Attack On)
  • Seperate With Anyone mode w/ Mii Fighters allowed
  • Option to choose a stage in With Anyone mode.
  • Tourneys you are registered in heavily notifying you whenever someone is ready to fight in a lobby (Heck, throw in an additional option to be alerted by phone,
  • Normal "legal" stages to be added to For Glory
  • Option to disable seeing other players' nametags.
For offline modes, "different character stock" thing like the final battles in Smash Tour. Adventure/Story mode or just any equally decent single player mode.
I don't know... I just don't feel satisfied with the current DLC. To me it's just been really lack luster. Three veterans (two of them being semi-clones) and a character that basically no one uses. I mean seriously. They barely even changed Metwo and Lucas. Roy just seems sort of, "meh", and kind of kills my hype for a NEW Fire Emblem rep. I understand that they were fan favorites, but I think there are certain characters that should've had more priority over them.

And this is just me, but Ryu is kind of, "meh", as well. He's just so generic and his play style doesn't feel all that unique. To me he just seems like a character with a few extra moves. I mean seriously. He's appeared in so many cross overs that he just doesn't stand out to me. I only bought him because my dad liked him. Ryu just doesn't give me the same impressions as a character like Snake, where I get up and I'm like, "Whoa... This guy is in the game!".

But that's just me and I don't have anything personal against any of the characters.
I was worried that Roy's inclusion would de-confirm a Fire Emblem newcomer as well. Still ended up buying him due to thinking he's one of the best close-quarters fighters in the game. I've bought two Mii Fighter costumes and Pirate Ship over :4mewtwo::4lucas::4ryu: . I would probably get them if I had people that play this game with me locally wanted them. Nothing personal.
About Ryu, I sort of feel the same way. He fits in too well for a third party gaming legend. We already got :4sonic::4pacman::4megaman: doing that. At least Snake was "obscure" in a neat way, with a fun moveset to boot. Still, The inclusion of Ryu and his stage and music supports the idea of third party DLC outside of Mii costumes.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think I'm missing a lot of why Dixie is prominent on these boards. BKupa666 BKupa666 can you help me out here? She's a pretty awesome character, but it feels like Nintendo doesn't let me appreciate her. Her fanbase (along with most of the online DK fanbase) seems to come out of nowhere for me.

Does she have a large following outside of Smashboards? If she does, why haven't I heard about her? Generally what age group of Nintendo fans like this character? Why do you guys like her?

(Also did Tropical Freeze have generally poor advertising? I haven't heard from this game since Reggie went on that gaming awards show back in late 2013/early 2014. I don't recall its name; I think it had an X in it?).
1) Dixie's prominent because she's had.. almost similar to Bandana Dee, a good sized community but Dixie's follows often appear more self-inclosed as they are often overshadowed in the larger scale (heh, scale) by K. Rool.
She was one of the biggest pushes pre-release to be a semi/quasi-clone added late in akin to Wolf.

2) Any WiiU game that came out before Smash basically had relaly bad advertising.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shame it's Mario Tennis and how bad it seems to be
Bad isn't a proper term.
Unfinished and rushed are more fitting.
It has the core functionality of a Mario Tennis game, a toned down version of the power zones from open, the Mega Mush gimmick for a mode.... and that's it.

A skimmed roster most comparable to Mario Party 10 at this point, no tournament mode, no cinematic opening... no opening whatsoever, supposedly no online matchmaking for friend lobbies, and no courts that are beyond the very, very basic three terrain types for a standard tennis court.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I want some more options and leverage to the online modes probably more than I want new characters and stages. Not that I wish to reveal my wanted characters here and getting unnecessarily judged anyways. I really want the potential online experiences to be even better. If you got any relevant ideas, reply if you want to.

• For Fun/Glory Team Stock (Team Attack Off)
  • For Fun/Glory Team Stock (Team Attack On)
  • Seperate With Anyone mode w/ Mii Fighters allowed
  • Option to choose a stage in With Anyone mode.
  • Tourneys you are registered in heavily notifying you whenever someone is ready to fight in a lobby (Heck, throw in an additional option to be alerted by phone,
  • Normal "legal" stages to be added to For Glory
  • Option to disable seeing other players' nametags.
For offline modes, "different character stock" thing like the final battles in Smash Tour. Adventure/Story mode or just any equally decent single player mode.

I was worried that Roy's inclusion would de-confirm a Fire Emblem newcomer as well. Still ended up buying him due to thinking he's one of the best close-quarters fighters in the game. I've bought two Mii Fighter costumes and Pirate Ship over :4mewtwo::4lucas::4ryu: . I would probably get them if I had people that play this game with me locally wanted them. Nothing personal.
About Ryu, I sort of feel the same way. He fits in too well for a third party gaming legend. We already got :4sonic::4pacman::4megaman: doing that. At least Snake was "obscure" in a neat way, with a fun moveset to boot. Still, The inclusion of Ryu and his stage and music supports the idea of third party DLC outside of Mii costumes.
I'd like the team attack and stock options as well. I would also like to have a one vs one for fun mode, mostly because I don't want to take matches too seriously sometimes, and I would not get pissed off if I lose a lot of matches in a row.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you specifically mean the normal Toad or does Captain Toad work too?

:231:
I would prefer it to be the normal Toad, since putting in Captain Toad comes off as zeroing in on a fraction of an iconic character's history (when more interesting history exists, like SMB2), only adding him because of a middling new game and not his many, many past appearances. At this point, though, either would do, and Captain does have a handful of interesting gameplay possibilities to bring in, admittedly.

Dixie is a fun, likable heroine in her two sidekick roles and one lead protagonist role, and sports a trademark move (Helicopter Twirl) that is so insanely useful in her source material to the point of endearing her to many players. She is also a beneficiary of hailing from a series that is dramatically undervalued in Smash in comparison to its actual mainstream success. Users sometimes yell at others "Stop caring about reps, only care about muh uniqueness and muh fun!!" but when you have a major heroine and villain left out in the cold who can be both unique and fun, Dixie (and K. Rool's) support comes quite naturally.

I do think the legitimate reasons to support her often just get shoved under the rug, mostly by people who have decided conclusively that she is the likeliest shoo-in of all time (because of the one-two punch of "Exists in a new game" and "Was considered as part of a Brawl duo mechanic"). A lot of these people start from the conclusion that "Dixie is a shoo-in" and work backwards from there, to the point of saying "Dixie will win the ballot because K. Rool got so many votes, but they only count as votes for a DK newcomer that will be Dixie because of a giant silent casual bloc" and spreading misinformation that legitimate leakers saw a cut model of hers from SSB4.

That can get frustrating to sift through, but a lot of them aren't actual Dixie fans, just users trying to latch onto what they consider the most obvious characters in the hopes of making a correct guess. All things considered, Dixie is a great character whose support is perfectly justifiable, especially if one has played through the DKCs she's in (two of which are frequently considered the series' best).

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I find it weird that they describe the roster as being gaming's greatest heroes and villains when there are only three villains in the game, with only two of them being major ones.
There are six villains in the game.
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • King Dedede
  • Mewtwo
  • Ganondorf
  • Wario
And if we get Rool and Wolf, that would fill up 8-Player Smash pretty nicely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are six villains in the game.
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • King Dedede
  • Mewtwo
  • Ganondorf
  • Wario
And if we get Rool and Wolf, that would fill up 8-Player Smash pretty nicely.
Dedede isn't a villain, he's only ever been about twice, pretty much every other time had him possessed. Wario is an anti-hero, he only does stuff if it benefits him, like how he saved a princess because he heard he could get treasure

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dedede isn't a villain, he's only ever been about twice, pretty much every other time had him possessed. Wario is an anti-hero, he only does stuff if it benefits him, like how he saved a princess because he heard he could get treasure
He did start out as one though, and he antagonistic side was in more famous games (like Kirby Super Star). Same with Wario (though unlike Dedede, he's been depicted as a villain in Smash, like SSE.)

Still, if you want to group everyone into 'heroes' and 'villains', both are are more fit to be in the 'villains' group. I know it's not so black and white, but it makes for good advertising.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He did start out as one though, and he antagonistic side was in more famous games (like Kirby Super Star). Same with Wario (though unlike Dedede, he's been depicted as a villain in Smash, like SSE.)

Still, if you want to group everyone into 'heroes' and 'villains', both are are more fit to be in the 'villains' group. I know it's not so black and white, but it makes for good advertising.

Dedede literally stopped being the villain for 16 years as Spring Breeze is Dreamland 1. Dedede's a hero more often than not anyway. Wario is pretty much neutral, only going his way

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dedede literally stopped being the villain for 16 years as Spring Breeze is Dreamland 1. Dedede's a hero more often than not anyway. Wario is pretty much neutral, only going his way
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Now we need Wario vs Mario in KLK style. Wa la Wa.

Waluigi is Mako.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I already traumatized this forum with Sailor Waa, I don't need to do it again
Mario is totally Satsuki and Weegee is Inamuta I guess
Pauline as Ragyo.
Rosalina as Nue.
Bowser as Gamagori (don't worry about the shipping)
Daisy as Nonon
Yoshi as KendoGuyWhoseNameDoesn'tMatter
Blue Toad as ScienceGuyWhoseNameDoesn'tMatter

We could make it work.

NEW SUBJECT

D

Deleted member

I guess since people are posting their most wanted characters I will too. Stages as well.

8. Rayman
7. Inklings
6. Bandana Dee
5. Shovel Knight
4. Wolf
3. Shantae
2. Isaac
1. King K. Rool

Stages

Inkopolis. Arowana Mall. Or Bluefin Depot one of the three.

Gangplank Galleon I know Pirate ship is back. But It could be different with Kremlings in the background. Working on the ship.

King K. Rool should have his captain, mad scientist, and boxer personas as alternate costumes. And of course he'd use the blunderbuss, crown, helicopter pack Ect.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
To me they are close enough to be a villain that I count them as a villain when I want to lol e.g villains-only smash match.
Wario I usually see as a villain but I can see him as a anti-hero, too. Dedede usually as a good guy but villain he can also be.

It may be a bit strange but it works for me.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Christmas List For Senpai Sakurai

Wolf
Brawl vet, main antagonist of a major first party franchise.

King K. Rool
Primary antagonist of the Donkey Kong franchise, a good Rare character.

Ridley
Primary antagonist of the Metroid franchise, Melee intro Ridley was a fair size.

Giegue
Primary antagonist of the Mother series. Would complete the Mother series trifecta as he represents the first Mother game while Ness represents Mother 2, and Lucas Mother 3. Plus he would be the first villain rep as the other two reps are heroes, also Earthbound beginnings just came out. Furthermore this would be a unique opportunity for Sakurai to generate the first official 3D art for Giegue.

Black Shadow
F-Zero could use another character, why not the major baddie from the series?
I am the Batman.

:093:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I guess most of my thoughts are from the fact I just have teh 3ds copy, but more stages would be great. As well as purchasable music DLc. Final fantasy theaterhythm shows enough evidence in my systems that id pay dozens of dollars just for in game music -laughs-
Options for customizing Smash run could be fun as well.. having sets of enemies or Themes you can fight. [IE POKEMON round, play pokemon characters, have pokemon enemies appear in smash run.]
the biggest thing id love to see, and I KNOW ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN so relax..
I want the GREAT MAZE to show up as a Smash run level. DLC for Smash run would be awesome as thats my main obsession.

Lets see.. more realistic random ideas..
Tetris stage in the style of Mario maker or the game boy kirby could be epic.
A metroid stage set in the [forgive me if I get this wrong] BSL station for Metroid fusion would be great.

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
ok i have some ideas for dlc that shouldnt take up to much time or resources and ithink would make lot of sense for nintedo to release
1. make a mode similer to the end fight of smash tour, like stock battle but each death is a new charecter WITH NO TIME LIMIT.....super easy to implement and the best thing about that mode by miles

2. the 3ds stages on wii u,
cornaria needs to come home!
ok i get it you wanted an incentive for us to buy smash on both consoles, ok i get it alot of the 3 ds stages dont look as good on wii u, ok i get some stage like pacmans stage cant work on one screen BUT
the games have been out for ages and alot off ppl own both copies,
the n64 stages dont look out place with the melle or brawl or hd stages
and i can deal with omega version of unworkable stages for the 3ds, pacland is no place for pacman dittos
ill just take cornaria tho if it came to it

3. dr luigi.ok i know to many clones/mario charecters ...but put dr marios coat on luigi, give him his L pills and a wall jump and make his final smash the one from brawl ( the dopest smashball in brawl ).
the main reason is for the final smash returning but the other reson is its to easy not to slightly change luigis jump height or floatyness or kockback give him a different fireball and put dr marios coat on him and get a new main forlife for someone out there...pluss the only thing you would need to animate is new luigi taunts... and more luigi taunts are never a bad thing

4. nitendo themed backgrounds in the stage creator...
mario,kirby,fzero, donekey kong.... just a simple back drop from mushroom kingdom or green greens ect again super easy... generic volcanos and spaceships are cool but a render of bowsers castle and team starwolf would been so much more awsome

5. ring battle.
simmiler to coin battle except with sonics rings. if you have no rings you die like your in sudden death.,. the less rings you have the further you fly,
rings act exactly like in th sonic 2 withe sound effects an everything

Last edited:

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
ok i have 3 lists im leaving wolf of becuase im sure hes coming when starfox drops

charecters i think deserve to be in smash
isac, simon belmont ,king k roole, bomberman, po po /na na( reworked iceclimbers)

charecters whos moves or asthetic fits prefectly to smash
knuckels, rayman, banjo kazzoie, bomberman, shovel knight

my selfish dream roster
knuckles,protoman, bomberman, mr L , black shadow, 8bit dk ( with barrells ) and shovel knight

i would have to choose bomber man, first k roole second , and maybe rayman third
( only cus knuckles and protoman are third party side kicks, while rayman is a whole rep for his game)

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
ok i have some ideas for dlc that shouldnt take up to much time or resources and ithink would make lot of sense for nintedo to release
1. make a mode similer to the end fight of smash tour, like stock battle but each death is a new charecter WITH NO TIME LIMIT.....super easy to implement and the best thing about that mode by miles

2. the 3ds stages on wii u,
cornaria needs to come home!
ok i get it you wanted an incentive for us to buy smash on both consoles, ok i get it alot of the 3 ds stages dont look as good on wii u, ok i get some stage like pacmans stage cant work on one screen BUT
the games have been out for ages and alot off ppl own both copies,
the n64 stages dont look out place with the melle or brawl or hd stages
and i can deal with omega version of unworkable stages for the 3ds, pacland is no place for pacman dittos
ill just take cornaria tho if it came to it

3. dr luigi.ok i know to many clones/mario charecters ...but put dr marios coat on luigi, give him his L pills and a wall jump and make his final smash the one from brawl ( the dopest smashball in brawl ).
the main reason is for the final smash returning but the other reson is its to easy not to slightly change luigis jump height or floatyness or kockback give him a different fireball and put dr marios coat on him and get a new main forlife for someone out there...pluss the only thing you would need to animate is new luigi taunts... and more luigi taunts are never a bad thing

4. nitendo themed backgrounds in the stage creator...
mario,kirby,fzero, donekey kong.... just a simple back drop from mushroom kingdom or green greens ect again super easy... generic volcanos and spaceships are cool but a render of bowsers castle and team starwolf would been so much more awsome

5. ring battle.
simmiler to coin battle except with sonics rings. if you have no rings you die like your in sudden death.,. the less rings you have the further you fly,
rings act exactly like in th sonic 2 withe sound effects an everything
6. ken and akuma...... sort of.
did you ever paly marvle vs capcom or street fighter vs xmen(i cant remember wich one it was before mvc2) any way there was an early game were ryu coud switch his fighting style between himself ,ken and akuma....(this was to save charecter slots....its aslo the birth of evil ryu)

well make ryus custom 2 moves work like kens with slower hadoukens and flame shoryukens
and ryus custom 3 being evil ryus/akumas with purple hadou and air fireballs.
''kens ''down b could be his fowrard heavy kick
''evil ryus'' down b would of course be the teleport asuras warth

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
R.i.p old thread, hello new thread :chuckle:
Been playing Wind Waker to pass the time between smash, pretty good so far. Not quite OOT or MM level to me, but has some pretty fun elements.

I'll keep my eye out here from now on. Hope you all are doing well with the waiting game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
R.i.p old thread, hello new thread :chuckle:
Been playing Wind Waker to pass the time between smash, pretty good so far. Not quite OOT or MM level to me, but has some pretty fun elements.

I'll keep my eye out here from now on. Hope you all are doing well with the waiting game.
Original or HD?
Because... for casual play, HD is pretty much inarguably the better experience.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
HD. I had the original on GameCube but never played it because it just didn't grab me like other Zeldas.

( Spoilers ahead)

I usually prefer a challenge, but yeah the swift sail addition in this version is something the vanilla game should have had. Long voyages pre swift sail or Cyclos song were super tedious and I'm someone who doesn't mind long treks for flavor or immersion in games. But when islands are as small as they are and as sparse as they are it started to get dull. Few upgrades later though and it's not a problem at all.

The dungeons are off and on pretty good, but the puzzles tend to opt towards easy to solve, tedious to complete. Like waiting for water to rise and fall to push crates in an obvious bridge formation, but being forced into the rotations of water to finish, is a bit boring. But I did really like the Earth temple with Medli though the boss was a breeze.

Overall I have mixed feelings about it which is different from most zelda games I've played. Sometimes I'm completely charmed by it and others I just roll my eyes. Not in my top 5 Zeldas yet but I still have to finish it :D

Toon Link who I didn't accept at first has definitely grown on me though, his facial expressions are epic.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
HD. I had the original on GameCube but never played it because it just didn't grab me like other Zeldas.

( Spoilers ahead)

I usually prefer a challenge, but yeah the swift sail addition in this version is something the vanilla game should have had. Long voyages pre swift sail or Cyclos song were super tedious and I'm someone who doesn't mind long treks for flavor or immersion in games. But when islands are as small as they are and as sparse as they are it started to get dull. Few upgrades later though and it's not a problem at all.

The dungeons are off and on pretty good, but the puzzles tend to opt towards easy to solve, tedious to complete. Like waiting for water to rise and fall to push crates in an obvious bridge formation, but being forced into the rotations of water to finish, is a bit boring. But I did really like the Earth temple with Medli though the boss was a breeze.

Overall I have mixed feelings about it which is different from most zelda games I've played. Sometimes I'm completely charmed by it and others I just roll my eyes. Not in my top 5 Zeldas yet but I still have to finish it :D

Toon Link who I didn't accept at first has definitely grown on me though, his facial expressions are epic.
The good thing of HD is that it cuts down the two major sources of tedium in the game's "length," between the Swift Sail and the Pieces of Eight.

A shame that they didn't go the extra mile to add the cut dungeons that were originally planned to be in the game or anything big like that....

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
The good thing of HD is that it cuts down the two major sources of tedium in the game's "length," between the Swift Sail and the Pieces of Eight.

A shame that they didn't go the extra mile to add the cut dungeons that were originally planned to be in the game or anything big like that....
Agreed. And I never heard about the cut dungeons :surprised: that would be nice. You never know exactly when you're at the end of a Zelda game until you're facing Ganon etc. lol but I feel like I blew through the game so far and I'm heading towards the end, a little extra with those cut dungeons sounds nice. I still have plenty of side exploring that I plan on doing though which I look forward to but useable item-wise I'm pretty sure I'm one dungeon short from complete and I started two days ago with first run experience. Oh well it's still been fun.

Sorry everyone else for the quick tangent from dlc, just what I've been up to during the news drought.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm actually fine with most character choices, but my favorites would have to be...

- Professor Layton
- Snake
- King K. Rool
- Wolf
- Bandanna Dee
- Impa
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- Toad/Captain Toad
- Maxwell the Scribblenaut

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Considering the IC's are pretty much complete and running perfect. Do you think there's any chance in the distant future they may break the rule protecting the 3DS's roster?

I'm gonna predict far down the line when people stop caring as much, they might revitalize the Wii U version with them. Also, what do you guys think about a rerelease of the game on the NX console with all DLC included? I heard there was an all DLC 3DS version leaked on Amazon a while ago.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Considering the IC's are pretty much complete and running perfect. Do you think there's any chance in the distant future they may break the rule protecting the 3DS's roster?

I'm gonna predict far down the line when people stop caring as much, they might revitalize the Wii U version with them. Also, what do you guys think about a rerelease of the game on the NX console with all DLC included? I heard there was an all DLC 3DS version leaked on Amazon a while ago.
I doubt they will be added later on, after DLC is done the game is then 'complete' and there will most likely be no further development...and if Sakurai wasn't going to add them before he's likely not going to add them later, unless he manages to get them to work on the 3DS, as it defeats the purpose as to why they were cut in the first place...

I don't think a re-release on the NX isn't out of the question as of yet, but I doubt the team is currently thinking of it right now...we still don't know how soon the NX will be ready, and if it's far enough down it may be better off for the team (whoever will be in charge) to work on a new Smash game for the console rather than port this one over...Smash hasn't yet had a multi-platform port I don't see why they would start since each title is essentially 'made' for their respective console...as for adding a new port including DLC, it's a little bit contradictory to Sakurai's beliefs in DLC, as it is intended to be 'extra' content from the finished title as opposed to what was left out of the game then added later for a quick cash grab...

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I doubt they will be added later on, after DLC is done the game is then 'complete' and there will most likely be no further development...and if Sakurai wasn't going to add them before he's likely not going to add them later, unless he manages to get them to work on the 3DS, as it defeats the purpose as to why they were cut in the first place...
True. I don't think it's likely, however I still can't quite get over how easy they would sell. All that effort for nothing seems like a waste. :/ And it's not like Sakurai and Nintendo haven't changed their minds before.

I don't think a re-release on the NX isn't out of the question as of yet, but I doubt the team is currently thinking of it right now...we still don't know how soon the NX will be ready, and if it's far enough down it may be better off for the team (whoever will be in charge) to work on a new Smash game for the console rather than port this one over...Smash hasn't yet had a multi-platform port I don't see why they would start since each title is essentially 'made' for their respective console...as for adding a new port including DLC, it's a little bit contradictory to Sakurai's beliefs in DLC, as it is intended to be 'extra' content from the finished title as opposed to what was left out of the game then added later for a quick cash grab...
And yet, here we are... DLC out the ass right now. I think people are happy enough getting such great DLC content at the moment that it wouldn't bother people so much. What we got was a complete game in my opinion and he shouldn't feel any shame in continuing some work on the game. He's too hard on himself.

In regards to a potential re-release on the NX. I think it's a possibility IF it sells well enough. A lot of people speak of Smash 5 and what it may be without even questioning whether there's going to be a need for it for quite some time. With the advent of DLC, I don't think we will be seeing a 5th smash installment for a long time. I can just see an NX version with all 3DS stages and Wii U stages on it, along with all game modes and whatever else DLC is on there. I know it's a pipe dream, really not practical, if not a little alienating. But if timed well, I think it has potential.

A lot of people with the recent dev kits going out have been mentioning a handheld+console kit. Which... I'm not really sure what that could mean for Smash.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
My wants

Wolf
Krool
Sami
Pious
Sturm
BB Bandit trio
Bullwort
and his name is JOHN RAIMI!
Mr. Stevenson

Waluigi
Dillon
Ridley

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
so

it's confirmed we're gonna get direct in this year

https://mobile.twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/659279491622043648

we not sure if that means a thing, let alone if it is even smash-related, but there.

dicuss.
I think it will be Smash-related, because we need news on a new character for Smash. I think the best time is next week. Tecmo Koei is confirmed to be showing off a new Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer next week, and that's also two weeks after the initial blowout of Ultra Smash info. They can announce a new character for Smash (or two), the DLC wave of Smash Amiibo, new Splatoon updates (Octolings), Super Mario Amiibo wave 2, etc.

This week would be MORE ideal, but its way iffy with them revealing the Super Mario Maker updates yesterday, as well as Kimishima's statements "sometime this year," when if it was this week he probably would've just said "yeah the next one will be Friday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom