• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, why is md/va so bad at melee? i was the highest placer at 13th.... what the hell happened to all the glory?

White_Mike

Smash Lord
CONFIRMED BORICUAS WILL TRY TO GO TO POUND 4 so who knows u might get to see Zero again or many others great players, melee players by the way, who know might get to see HDL in action fuking HYPE
Oh man that would be crazy, I always used to watch his link years ago, it would be epic to see him in the states.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhh i'm lovin the blog posts and videos that are slowly comin out

what a great tournament

strawhats

Smash Master
Pound 4

watch out

that is all
Thats the ****ing spirit Jason. I actually thought w/o. losing to Armada who I must say looks just like you, scary lol. Anyway, what im saying is if you did not lose to Armada I am sure that you could have taken this entire tourney. Im glad that your warrior spirit has returned and I know that you can conquer the world in both melee and brawl. Also use D3 if u wanna beat Ally. Good sht for the clean sweep on both doubles events and placing in the top 5 in what was the largest melee tourney ever and top 2 in brawl. Good **** to ****** mango's *** in the last stock of that crew battle and for the epic oening suicide to that match. How did you talk to your ship mates on Corneria, a glitch I suppose. Anyhow good **** all around M2K.

P.S. Pound 4 will be wear you take revenge on mango and Armada. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
^:(:(:(^

haha i also thought julian would finally feel good about himself for making it far in teams

but he got 6th just short of the money, losing a tie breaker "money match" as well

Not true at all, i could find tickets for about 800 euro's from amsterdam to cali, this was 2 months before the tournament which is really late for booking tickets. Flying from london was even cheaper.

For pound 4 i've found tickets for 370 euro's which isn't that bad, but it might go cheaper when i switch with the dates/sites some more. Only took like 5 minutes. Unfortunately, most smashers are dumb, and wait for the last moment to book their flights. Afterward they start crying that it was so ****ing expensive

no ****
My sentiments exactly. While I was at Amsah's house, I went to Kayak.com and found tickets for like 800 euros, but none of them could buy it then.

Oh well.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

Genesis was mad fun. My first major tournament ever, did not disappoint. The Ramada inn was mad chill.

Embracethe12, boba, reswaff - It was chilling and rooming with you guys in the hotel, sorry if my coughing kept you guys up at night, but was mad fun.

Zhu - good stuff for beating m2k and placing 4th. Too bad you had to choke game 2 against hbox, but all good. Get hype, you've improved so much since the days we used to play at brandon's house during school.

Mango - too legit, you're the king of smash right now. It was awesome watching you adjust to Armada game by game until you could eventually take a consistent lead every game.

Armada - Your turnips are like heat seeking missiles. Good stuff for representing Europe and ****** everyone

Alucard - thanks for the advice against Samus. Your samus is wtf confusing with all the tricks you got.

Jman - tough luck against Axe, all good. Your fox *****

Hax - I was surprised on how fast your Falcon was. You ***** me in MM.

DBR - awesome chilling with you guys in the hotel room. Good job with hosting an awesome tourney

I could post more, but smashers are amazing, and it will take me forever to remember everyone. Here's to another year of great smash. ****!

-Chad-

Slackerator
Zoap is the most amazing person that was there, thank you a million times over man.

Next amazing would be the girl who drew the super awesome pictures who went by "You". Holy crap I love these pictures.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
funny thing to note: the term **** is so commonly used in the smash community. i don't know where it started, but i remember i first started hearing it used a lot by mikeHAZE and socal, when they would say 'get *****' ALL the time.

but DBR had it right all along. they have it in their crew name. back when they named themselves, it probably sounded like such a cruel and intimidating crew name. it still is, but **** sounds so much more casual these days.

my friend told me he was in class the other day, and they were talking about sex and crime. **** came up, and all my friend could think about was someone getting 3-stocked.

Meneks

Smash Lord
funny thing to note: the term **** is so commonly used in the smash community. i don't know where it started, but i remember i first started hearing it used a lot by mikeHAZE and socal, when they would say 'get *****' ALL the time.

but DBR had it right all along. they have it in their crew name. back when they named themselves, it probably sounded like such a cruel and intimidating crew name. it still is, but **** sounds so much more casual these days.

my friend told me he was in class the other day, and they were talking about sex and crime. **** came up, and all my friend could think about was someone getting 3-stocked.
What does dbr stand for? in my few years of playing i never knew what it stood for.
Dem *****es ****?
Da best ****?
Deez baffoons ****.
da big ****.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Word? Was that recorded?

-Kimo
Zhu is referring to Loser's Semifinals. I believe he's stating that whoever won didn't have a chance of beating Mango anyway, so the two were playing for a $285 difference in prize money (and of course 3rd over 4th lol), essentially.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Wtf 370 euros, are you serious? I looked at the prices yesterday, they were like 710€ cheapest. Finland is in stupid location. >_>
You're doing it wrong. 390€ from Stockholm via Amsterdam or Paris using a search engine that doesn't include multiple airline connections (may be even cheaper if combined with Ryanair).

Can't wait to see if Ryanair starts flying over the Atlantic next year.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shoutouts divided by region

Socal - Home region <3 You're all awesome ^_^
Jason - Nice seeing you. Thanks for driving me to chipotle. Your pool was hella hard lol
Hyprid - Good stuff, I told you that you could beat Hax with your Jiggs! =D
Fly - Over the course of 3 days, I didn't play you even once =(
Embrace - What are you going to do with that shell?
Zhu - GOOD ****, YOU BEAT M2K YAYUHZZ. Come back to socal soon!!
Mango - I was cheering for ya that whole set. Waaay too intense. Good job overshadowing our loss to EC in crews lol
Kira - Thanks for the advice at connors, it helped here and thanks for the advice here because it will help later on lol
Lovage - Way to go beating Hax in tourney lol. Did you ever play Qlex since connors?
Connor - Way to go with helping the Genesis bus and all that. I thought you were going to have me record your MM with kage? D=
HugS - I'm money matching you then next time I see you, no exceptions!
Cameron - Ninth place in doubles with Kira? Tooooo good
Festizzio - If I had to watch saturday morning cartoons with someone, it would be you lol
L - I played you a bunch on friday but not much on the other days, I want headphones like yours because they look like they work really well
P - I'm really glad that you actually came to Genesis. =)
The greater leon - We never got to play =(
Plan 9 - Way to be awesome and make the europeans feel at home
Replicate - I wanted to see you live up to the hype and eat 4 chipotle burritos
Lucky - I'm glad I finally got to play you. Snorlax is awesome btw <3333
Whatisfear - I haven't played you since mango juice =( I hope you come to connors or something one of these times
Me - Need to remember to work on edgeguarding, approach and shield pressure
Canada - You guys are mad cool and playing in your room on thursday was fun. Free health care must be amazing
Kage - your ganon raaaaaapes. Lol @ the wooden sword
Noobking - I'm glad you didn't quit cuz your really cool and your commentary is legit
Blunted object - Your falco is incredible!
Washington - Drink less kk? <3
Jem - Wish I got to MM you
Eggz - If the songs on your CD are anything like the ones used for Silent Wolf's vids then I should have bought one
Silent Wolf - I really wish I got to play you when you are at your best and not when you have a ****ed up controller D=
Bladewise - Your peach is very good and you beat me down pretty hard in pools lol
East Coast - Your DI is good lol
Hax - The MMs were fun. Was going to MM you again but you were asleep when I went to your room. I guess we look a tiny bit alike but not really lol
Cactuar - I'm glad I finally learned how to move like a cactus. You're a really cool dude. =D
DJ nintendo - Thanks for letting me play in your room on thursday. Your advice was awesome and so are those bowser/mario plushies
Warriorknight - Your bowser is soooo good. If DJ Nintendo's is better than it's no surprise you ***** with a double boozer team.
Jman - I really like how you play fox. It almost makes me want to pick up fox lol
Scar - Your falcon is amazin'. Is it true you refuse to play aarosmashguy? LOL
Tope - I was mad that you killed the SS vs darkrain hype until I remembered darkrain said they would do DK dittos if they met in bracket lol
M2K - I heard you like Pi
Ihavespaceballs - Your samus is really good, I like your name too, 4 words, no spaces lol
Pakman - EC must really know their low tiers because you **** me with a bunch of them ahahaha
Arizona - You guys are all cool, come to cali more often <33
Axe - Nice job beating Jman with Pikachu! It was fun meeting/playing you. That pikachu picture is really nice looking lol
TAJ - Your Mewtwo is just as good as people hype it up to be O_o I don't know why you can't tell me how to fight it with Falco, it's not like I can do what forward can lol
TAI - You should totally live in socal permanently cuz you're too legit <33
TAG - You're really cool and it was fun playing you on thursday =D
New Mexico - It was cool meeting you guys, I didn't know new mexico had a smash scene tbh, though it was like the dakotas
Neil - Your falcon is really good and it was fun playing with you in team friendlies, too abd we got rapoed by armada and his bro lol
Kyle/Sheik & ICs player who I played in F-Zero's room - I'm not entirely sure your name was kyle so I added in the description but you're a really cool guy and I hope you come to cali again (along with the rest of NM) because chances are I won't go to New Mexico =(
Luigi/Sheik player who rocks back and forth when playing - I straight up didn't catch your name but I remember you're from New Mexico and have to say you're a really cool person (especially for telling me what room that Melee was going on in lol) I wish I got to play you more
South - Probably my favorite region (other than socal of course) I hope I can go to FAST2 whenever that is.
Hungrybox - Nice meeting you dude, you're really cool and your jiggs *****. Jeans and sandals should be dubbed: the hungrybox
Slash - It was nice to finally meet you and that was probably the first time I played Brawl in months lol
Linguini - Your ganon ***** me lol
Shiz - It was nice to play you even though the line was reallllly long, nice dancing too
PbnJ- didn't get to play you but your dancing is also really good lol
Darkrain - You're really cool but ruining the hype vs SS isn't cool D=
Harriettheguy- Your fox is really nice and I'm glad I got to play a bunch
Race1 - I think i messed up your name but anyway, your jiggs is really good and thanks for helping me find yayuhzz
Everlasting Yayuhzz - I wish I got to play you. If only you had your controller, but still you're really nice and it was fun meeting you
F-zero - I'm glad I got to play you a lot at your room on sunday night because 1 match just isn't enough. Nair to **** is still amazing =D
Caveman - Wow you ***** me in pools lol
Midwest - Didn't meet many of you =(
Cykofox - It was fun reaming with you although our teamwork was off and we got beat down pretty hard in our pool but eh, you can't win them all
Aarosmashguy - I wasn't expecting you to be so good, but then again you did beat scar. You're a really cool person and I'm glad I got to meet you. Way to rep the midwest ^_^
Norcal - This is only the third time I've seen you guys, the other two were SCSA and mango juice. Hope to see you some more because you're all great players ^_^
MacD - Idk why I put you as norcal when I put Zhu as socal but anyway, it was cool seeing you again although i didn't get to play you
Phil - you're commentary is awesome, that falcon ditto you played on the laggy TV was too funny lol
HMW - Don't worry about the crew battle man, it was cactuar after all and he is probably more used to the pressure, otherwise you woulda *****, you're commentary is awesome too btw
PockyD - Lol @ "Always take stocks in friendlies before your partner can say no". That advice is too good not to follow
Boback - Good **** hosting this! Persians make incredible TOs
Bob Money - You Marth and Doc are very good and I'm not surprised I got ***** by them lol
Falcomist - really like your style of Falco =)
Kirbyraeg - nice seeing you again. Come back to socal so we can team again =D
Sheridan - Your jiggs is very good and I'm surprised I got so close on that match on corneria lol
Silentspectre - Thanks for accepting the MM and thanks for the friendlies afterwards, I don't you read these shoutouts but I'll write this anyway ^_^
Tang - You're dancing is very good =D
Kurohito - The new shell is incredible <333333
International players - Hope you all had a good time
Doraki - I finally figured out how to instant walljump =D
Qlex - Your ganon is great and the fact you didn't make it out of pools surprises me. I hope your skin heals up quickly ^_^
Armada - Nice job on beating the top 3 at revival of Melee in order in winners bracket LOL. You came deadly close to beating Mango in Grand finals O_o
Eddie Mexico - Your luigi is incredible!!!! Are all the people in Mexico as good as you?
Slhoka - It was nice seeing you again and playing some more friendlies
Inanimate objects - ....uh
Jaccuzi - Why the **** was the water green?
bathroom - Glad you were clean <3
New controller - <3
**** brawl chant - lmao
Venue - <3333333333333

This tourney was amazing

Sorry if I got your region/alias wrong. Also I'm sorry if I forgot you because there were a LOT of people I met and I didn't get a lot of peoples names =(

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Dude, why is md/va so bad at melee? i was the highest placer at 13th.... what the hell happened to all the glory?
Good question, I think alot of people really admired Azen and his amazing presence. A really good player locally can explode a scene. Azen's playstyle slapped the metagame in the face. (Ken then Mango in Socal, Before Shiz got good Florida wasn't much to talk about...now they are amazing. Mew2king (Tristate/Penn? Was kinda desolate, then Cactuar exploded on to the scene) Texas used to be huge with Cave and Rob winning , then it died down. Norcal had Isai, now we have SS. I dunno man these trends are too common.

SuperRad

Smash Master
The lack of shoutouts is disappointing. Here's some big ups as I remember them:

BOBACK AND DBR AND NEAL AND PAT AND CHAMP AND SHERIDAN AND POCKY AND ETC:
GOOD
****ING ****

Sheridad: Thanks so much for everything. I would've been so lost without you.

Derek: You're the coolest. <3
Chris: One of the best people I met this weekend. I want to see you again when I'm in socal.
Brendan: Baby's first baby. <3<3 Thanks for blacking out with me.
Pat: So fun to hang around. I'm glad you were around.
Sean: You're awesome dude, good **** in pools.

JTB: Always fun to be around. Bidoof crew 4 life.

Ajax and Senna: You guys were both so fun to hang out with.

Typh: <3 I'm keeping my picture with you and Jankanpo and ender to myself. I sleep with it under my pillow.
Rickety: San Diego Love [im too lazy to do colors]

ender: hi
pocky: sup
see you ******s at the new place

People in the pools I ran: Good ****.
Special shoutouts:
hi macD
im sorry SilentWolf about your controller
kashan <3
good **** steven

people i played:
Knuttz: good ****, those rests ****ed me up.
blunted object: incredible falco, nice
rey: suppp
wikipedia: think twice about counterpicking corneria

Darc: Nice to meet you dude, it was so fun running around you. Darc pose is too good.
Got'ems
Kyle: It was really nice to meet you. Sweet tattoo dude.
WHO BAG E DAT
Milktea: Nice to finally meet you. Too bad you passed out the first night.
It's like a rollercoaster but not safe
Mew2King: Nice to meet and hang out with you. Nice Onyx at the beach and I'm glad you liked San Francisco so much.
Whats the point of all this grass?
Jman: It was nice to meet you and kick it with you some.
Alukard: Dennys was too fun.
HOW CAN SHE SLAP

Slhoka: Nice to meet you finally.

jopez: You have amazing hair.
Cameron: You have amazing hair.
Kira: You have amazing hair.
Jenny: You have amazing hair.

I think I'm forgetting a bunch of people.

I like all of you so much and this tournament *****.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Florida was always good, we just started out young, and lacked means to travel. The fact that Husband made us the butt of his irrelevant jokes didn't help. Florida got put on the map the moment Florida started traveling.

-Kimo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom