• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Europe has shown evidence in the past that they have good players, but the term 'good' is relative. It was only at Genesis that ARMADA has proved that HE is AS GOOD as the top players [Mango/M2K/Shiz etc.] in the US.

Armada represented himself to be among the best of SSBM players in the US!
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF EUROPE MEASURES UP.
To take Armada's success at Genesis and claim that Europe would stand a chance against the US in a crew battle is ignorant. European smashers even said themselves "Armada beats everyone in Europe." this makes the US doubt European potential even more in a crew battle vs. the US.

Fact is that the most dominant players have been from the US until this point in time throughout Melee's history (dating way back from Ken vs. Bombsoldier up unto the present). Also, like everyone agrees, the biggest scene for melee IS in the US not elsewhere. Which is why if you wanna prove something. STEP YO GAME UP->GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE->DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT *looks at Europe*

Don't get me wrong, I rooted my lungs out for Armada every game he played. I wanted to see the 'underdog' European Peach win. No one is saying you guys are bad at Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Gamecube Nintendo : P. It's just that most of the US thinks we're better than other countries (or continents) because it's always been that way and no one has ever been able to prove us wrong.

*shares two cents and waits to get flamed*

but seriously. Melee is such an amazing game = P
ggs
He also won against everyone in the US aside from Mango.
That's a stupid arguement anyway.

What country is Armada from?
Sweden.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
He also won against everyone in the US aside from Mango.
That's a stupid arguement anyway.

Great job illustrating why!

It was the only reasonable post in this thread on the subject, and I'm surprised it took so long for it to be made. Europe can name call all it wants, the burden of proof lies with them. Don't like it? Prove us wrong, if it truly matters to all of you.

-Kimo

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I don't like the "Don't like it, prove us wrong" attitude when it comes to this subject. It's not fair to try to tell people if they want to prove they are good at a game they have to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Or euros. Or whatever the **** they use. /ignorant american.

I'm SURE Europe is good. If they can't compete with us it's only because they are smaller and their top players are more spread out within different countries, but honestly we will never know so it's not worth arguing about. I doubt Europe or America's top 10 will all ever, at the same point in time, have the money to make it to the opposing region for a huge tourney.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't like the "Don't like it, prove us wrong" attitude when it comes to this subject. It's not fair to try to tell people if they want to prove they are good at a game they have to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Or euros. Or whatever the **** they use. /ignorant american.

I'm SURE Europe is good. If they can't compete with us it's only because they are smaller and their top players are more spread out within different countries, but honestly we will never know so it's not worth arguing about. I doubt Europe or America's top 10 will all ever, at the same point in time, have the money to make it to the opposing region for a huge tourney.
We should totally make a tournament somewhere in the middle of america and europe. On a ****ING island somwhere in the ****ING see, **** YEA!

oh well...

I like Plairnkk's attitude :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stop this garbage, lol (except for Plank, he's the man).

Armada came here and did well. Who cares about Europe vs USA or w/e? Armada is like Mew2King's little brother. They look the same and he even has strange twitches and they both are insanely good at Smash. That's just too awesome, lol...

Imo, Armada came here and represented himself more than anything else.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Armada represented himself to be among the best of SSBM players in the US!
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF EUROPE MEASURES UP.
To take Armada's success at Genesis and claim that Europe would stand a chance against the US in a crew battle is ignorant. European smashers even said themselves "Armada beats everyone in Europe." this makes the US doubt European potential even more in a crew battle vs. the US.
If I'm not wrong, Armada only lost to Mango, and defeated any other American. So Armada beats everyone in Europe, but he also beats everyone in USA (he beat Mango in a set before losing twice).

Sorry.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
psh beat my falco

<3 lol

but he did make me go puff

no one makes me go puff ne more

lol

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
OMG! I'm so sad now. I COMPLETELY FORGOT you guys were playing Egyptian Ratscrew at the hotel. I even took down the phone number of the guy who said they were playing, so I could hop in the game when I got there, but then forgot, and I'm sitting here reading the game like "What is ERS" and then it dawned on me. I'm so sad now. I'll definitely be down for it next time.

psh beat my falco

<3 lol

but he did make me go puff

no one makes me go puff ne more

lol
Haha, Mango too good. He sandbags you all and STILL wins the tourney. lmao

SynikaL

Smash Lord
How is it NOT fair? It's not only reasonable, for reasons you go on to state, but the European sect is clearly sniffing the coattails of one player's accomplishments. Europe is bringing this conversation to the dinner table, not us ("See?! We're good! We're good!).

Of course not everyone has the means to compete. That is unfortunate for their particular case, but is irrelevant to the contentions being made.

-Kimo

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol, some people need to learn to just let the pro's play, it's always funny they get shot down though

like armada and zhu were playing someone asked me if i had next
me-"no one does"
person- *confused look* "i want next"
me- "no, let them play"
minute later cactuar comes over
cac- "whose got next"
me- "you do"

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Ok SynikaL, keep the bad image the whole world has about American people. And omg how stupid your post is.
Bye.

-Inf

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ophelia - ****

m2k - ****

synikal - lol

macd- ****

infernum - eveyrone hates american people cause were **** badass as *** and cause

were the best =D <3 *usa chant*

BUT SERIOUSLY

ill try and make a trip 2 europe next summer

when im 18 =D

Ballistics

Smash Champion
lol, some people need to learn to just let the pro's play, it's always funny they get shot down though

me-"no one does"
me- "no, let them play"
cac- "whose got next"
me- "you do"
I dont agree with this mentality. Only money matches should get priority. Pros are just douche bags.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Why would u call next and get 4 stocked

just watch good players duke it out lol

i mean... think it of from our views

OK

Im playing m2k having fun causes hes at my level

then a random comes up and its like i call next

now i have 2 play a random who im going 2 PROBABLY ****

instead of having fun playing with m2k etc

i dont have fun ****** people im not m2k

i like competing dawg

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Ok SynikaL, keep the bad image the whole world has about American people. And omg how stupid your post is.
Bye.

-Inf
You can stuff whatever media generated blanket generalization of Americans you have. This has nothing to do with American pride, empiricism or ethnocentrism. It's pristine logics.

Bye.

-Kimo

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

me-"no one does"
me- "no, let them play"
cac- "whose got next"
me- "you do"
no thats ****ed up right there. denying friendlies like that? you realize that people spent hundreds to get to this tourney, and so what if they wanted a match with some of the pros, you guys should be honored. and how do you expect people to get better if scrubs arent allowed to play if all the pros who meet up at all the tourneys just take up all the TVs.

pitiful mindset imo

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ballistics- like ill play you im not gonna deny u

i just want u 2 no how i feel lol

AND i usually dont play friendlies

im off and about talking/meeting 2 people

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I know a lot of people just want to play the pros simply for that reason.. getting owned. It's an honor for them to get owned by the pros, is it not? And like experience the amazing. Do you want noobs to continue to come to tourney, Mango? I think you do. =P You said it yourself, randoms increase the pot size.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Ballistic - it's kind of understandable when it's on the projector. Everyone in the venue is watching that match and everyone wants to see top level pros play each other. If randoms wanna play the pros, wait till they're on one of the non-broadcasted TVs. I remember Mango just plowing through randoms on the projector and it was really boring...

Further evidence of people wanting to see top level pros on the projector
Zhu vs M2K

Kage's face pretty much sums it all up

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
no thats ****ed up right there. denying friendlies like that? you realize that people spent hundreds to get to this tourney, and so what if they wanted a match with some of the pros, you guys should be honored. and how do you expect people to get better if scrubs arent allowed to play if all the pros who meet up at all the tourneys just take up all the TVs.

pitiful mindset imo
Have you ever been a top player in any game?

No pro team or pro player wants to play a weaker team unless its to gain stats for their team or to gain money of some sort. So why play with someone if you gain anything such as expierence, stats, or money?

There is no reason for a top player to friendly anyone who isn't one.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
yea i love noobs thats why im off meeting them

<3 noobs... just dont bug me if im playing some **** player

and if u have the courage 2 ask next when im playing m2k

WHILE NO ONE ELSE HAS CALLED IT FOR THE OBVIOUS REASONS

ill play u LOL

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Chibo, I see what you're getting it, but think of it like this: in this community, the top players are celebrities. EVERYONE and their mom wants to play them. So Mango ***** one scrub, then another, then another. He's going to have to get up eventually, and someone feels slighted, and meanwhile, Mango just wasted his time playing through scrubs, which he can find anywhere, instead of continuing his fated duel with his rival across the country. Plus, you rob EVERYONE of watching good matches of top pros, instead of boring everyone with another 4 stock. Clearly, whoever's set-up it was had no problem watching the pros play, so just let them rock. It really doesn't make sense to enter an arena you can't compete in. There are plenty of players all around with other setups at your level, play one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom