• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
how come no one else from europe came
Amsah had work, so he didn't go. Which meant that dutches bailed out, since they didn't wanna go without amsah. Other than that, money was an issue. It's not cheap to fly from europe to cali, especially when you prolly need to go to london first from wherever you live in europe (which means 100-300€ more inside europe alone), land on NY and then go to cali. We're talking about 1200-2400€ there and back. X_x

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Amsah had work, so he didn't go. Which meant that dutches bailed out, since they didn't wanna go without amsah. Other than that, money was an issue. It's not cheap to fly from europe to cali, especially when you prolly need to go to london first from wherever you live in europe (which means 100-300€ more inside europe alone), land on NY and then go to cali. We're talking about 1200-2400€ there and back. X_x
Well hopefully they start saving cuz I wanna see a lot of them at Pound 4 :D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Here is how I know Genesis was amazing. I played some of the worst smash I have played in years, and I still had a ridiculous amount of fun.

I am just gonna do some crucial shoutouts

POCKYD - You came through huge for our whole caravan. You got us housing and provided transportation and was responsible for one of the best run tournaments EVER. You deserve infinite props for your hospitality. I promise I will cover you for housing at Pound 4 if you are in town.

Sensei - I choked hard in teams. I am thinking about retiring Luigi in doubles and working on a falcon or Doc. Sorry again about the shirt. At least at some point we can say, "Remember that time I through a burger at you" and laugh pretty hard.

Mogwai - Always fun hanging out with you, bro. I owe you about 600 trips to CT. Thanks for dealing with all the flight nonsense. I plan on making a trip to CT sometime in August. Let me know when you are free. Also, don't **** with me or I will throw a Whopper at you. BEEH!

Waffles - I finally got to meet "the voice." You guys were "hella" chill and definitely made the east coast feel welcome. Also, you and shrooms made me want to pick up Doc. I am gonna practice with that chubby ******* and get some vids up soon.

Phil - You are like the only guy I had a chance to sit and play friendlies with. The same thing I said to waffles goes for you. You guys were super friendly and I hope you can make it out to the east coast at some point.

DBR - I mean where do I start. You guys provided everything and although there weren't enough TV's for friendlies, the tournament ran smooth.

Neal - You are pro at programming. Are you going to release that special version of TIO to combine entrants. I think that would be a pretty useful tool.

SideFX - Way to hold it down. I could tell you were getting kind of jaded at the end, but you pulled it off, bro. You deserve mad hella congratulations.

Azn Lep - You are like the most down to Earth chill dude. Way to hold down the bracket efficiently.

East Coast:

Scar: Beeh! Top placed falcon. Let me know when you get the trophy pictures up. Way to annihilate everyone.

Cactuar: I know you were kind of out of it at this tournament, but I am really glad you came. You are an ******* for calling me to get me to stand up and then gank my seat.

JFox: We never really hung out much at tournaments before this but I had a great time just like hanging out in between matches. I know you say your "retired", but I'll see you at pound 4 if not sooner sucka.

Beardless Tope: I totally thought you brought those beach chairs from VA. In reality you stole them from a mother and her kids.

Cyrain: Your fox is fast. Your hair is long. Fun times hanging out and grabbing food. We should have used you against lucky.

XYT: Stop being so **** awkward. Good **** ****** your pool.

Others:

Armada: Surprised the hell out of me. I was more impressed with your 2nd place then Mango's first. I hope you can come to the states again soon.(Pound 4)

TonBerry and The French Guy (sorry man, I completely forgot your name) - You guys were really nice and you ran the doubles pool really well. I hope to see you in the states again soon.

Mango - Way to win, jerk. You should seriously look into Temple for school.

M2K - Quit Barwl, play Melee. I think that stichface got into your head against Armada. I still think you got what it takes. You need to own faces at Pound 4.

Mexican Eddy - In all seriousness, I think you are better than me with Luigi or at least have the potential to be. I hope I'll get to see you again sometime. You are a really nice guy and have a really good Luigi.

Dynamism? - Nice to finally meet you. I don't think I saw you once without a smile on your face. Canada is too good.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps now americans will recognize EU as a force to be reckoned with? ;-)

I'm not surprised about Armadas placement, but I was positively surprised to see so many Falcon's placing well. Especially Scar.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
One of the best tournys ever!!!! Good times at the ramada inn!!! Just an amazing weekend!

Shoutouts.

Ally-**** your f'ing crazy good! But i got a plan and ima get you at evo watch!

M2k-Lol get ***** in crews!! <3<3 but don't choke against ally anymore >.<

Lain-Close set!!!!!!!! Love you man, always fun chilling with you!!

Dojo-Gotss my revenge!! haha <3

Atomsk-<3<3 one of my fav smashers =)

Co18-Love my black smashers of course!! your d3 *****! Beat ally next time plzzz

Adhd-I thought my toughest set was with you lol Your diddy is truly the best in the U.S. so just beat m2k for me next time ;-)

Judge-Very funny guy! Practice that ditto! and start ****** <3

Reflex-Thanks for cheering for me!! Your pt is wayyy to ****!!

Razer-Good **** dino boy! step it up next time and **** adhd!

Leepuff-Always a pleasure teaming with you!

Armada-Is a f'ing ****!!

Mango-<3<3

Shino-Thanks for your support! <3

Rofa-Thanks for everything broski!

Corimon-<3<3<3<3

And everyone else i met was f'ing awesome!!!

Good **** socal for placing so well! We ****.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
GOOD ****ING **** TOURNAMTENT. I loved it. Im not gonna do shoutout because I played so many people and so many great matches. EVERYONE I MET I love you guys, had a great time there and I wish I can go to a major tournament anytime soon. I was a little sad when we had to leave for our trip back to PR. :'( (left the Ramada at 4 am Monday and arrived today at like 2 pm PR time. +3 hours)

Im upset about my performance in the tourney thou, but I know I would have done much better =/. Most of my matches were falcon and fox (falcons being my major weakness... /john) No warm ups the days of the braquet also hurted me on my performance but w/e.

Eval:

Pools Melee Singles
FalseFalco 0 Gay marth. Still good matches! :]
Scar 1 <-- I didnt know scar was so ****ing ****, ****! But I brinstar you. Still you are great.;]
Radical 2
Reactor 2
sidefx 2 Forfeit pools.
Foonz 2
Jem 2

Melees Singles Bracket

Winners' bracket
Lost to 25th: SOS First macth fo the day. Messed up and lost. No john. You did good man!

Losers' bracket
Defeated Alex 19 Hella campy fox just like here in PR. I have experience facing those so thats how I manage to beat you in dream land!! Good fox!
Lost to 7th:Hax Excelent Falcon. I really wanted to play you some more for falcon experience. Grats on your 7th place and keep it up!

Overall placing: Tied 65 of 290

Again, Im not doing individual shouts because I played lots of people. Everyone I played, was nice playing you guys and I had a great time.

COngrats to the Winners too! Armada ****ing rep peach players, you are too good! Mango, no words, just amazing.

@Brawl: I dont really play brawl at all. I used MK cause hes too broken but then I forfeit pool cause I as focusing on Melee. Still I didnt do bad in pool but thats becuase of MK and my Campy smart play! xD

PS: Wikipedia, I know you are Banned but I LOVE YOU! Add me to msn or just search with my email on facebook: edgar_val586@hotmail.com. Whoever wants to add me go ahead!

Thats about it. Im tired as **** so Im off to sleep a couple of days. Good bye Genesis. NExt stop DBR Apocalypse 2010! lol j/k!

Will post more later on as the thread continues!

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMED BORICUAS WILL TRY TO GO TO POUND 4 so who knows u might get to see Zero again or many others great players, melee players by the way, who know might get to see HDL in action fuking HYPE

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Maybe you should consider coming to Europe instead of just hoping for us to come to you.
Pound 4 being on the east coast makes it more affordable for us though (flights within America = expensive as hell).

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Not true at all, i could find tickets for about 800 euro's from amsterdam to cali, this was 2 months before the tournament which is really late for booking tickets. Flying from london was even cheaper.

For pound 4 i've found tickets for 370 euro's which isn't that bad, but it might go cheaper when i switch with the dates/sites some more. Only took like 5 minutes. Unfortunately, most smashers are dumb, and wait for the last moment to book their flights. Afterward they start crying that it was so ****ing expensive

no ****

Samochan

Smash Master
Not true at all, i could find tickets for about 800 euro's from amsterdam to cali, this was 2 months before the tournament which is really late for booking tickets. Flying from london was even cheaper.

For pound 4 i've found tickets for 370 euro's which isn't that bad, but it might go cheaper when i switch with the dates/sites some more. Only took like 5 minutes. Unfortunately, most smashers are dumb, and wait for the last moment to book their flights. Afterward they start crying that it was so ****ing expensive

no ****
Wtf 370 euros, are you serious? I looked at the prices yesterday, they were like 710€ cheapest. Finland is in stupid location. >_>

Anyways for the middle europe it could take about 1k, more or less, simply cause they need to fly from someplace to amsterdam or london. A lot less if they have the luxury of ryanair, which I don't. <_< Nevertheless that's quite a lot imo, even if you take 300€ away. Smashers need to save money for month or two, to my knowledge you need to pay it right away lol and then prices have already skyrocketed, kinda like what happened on my esa2 trip.

Oh well, pound4 is on the east coast, saves considerable amount of money to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom