• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA MELEE ~ Feb 4th ~ Smashfest at SPSU (Marietta, GA)~ FEAT. MAD BOOTY

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
K, so is there Smash tonight? I need to know how to get to it because SPSU is huge. Absolutely enormous. And I'd like to know if anyone has BlazBlue or if I could bring it and have opponents. I'm desperate to test my vastly improved Ragna, but I can't currently get online with my PS3.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
lol @ the thought that SPSU is a big school
I'm used to GPC Dunwoody. I don't like huge complexes. So it gets even bigger than SPSU or Georgia Tech? Scary. Although I like Georgia Tech's facilities. They has BlazBlue. But it's a hard and expensive school, so F that.

D

Deleted member

SPSU is a small campus yo.

I want to play smash. Maybe this friday?
This. 10this.

Edit: 250th post! Its divisible by 5, 10, 25, and 50! Its a quarter of a thousand. Its a convenient number to celebrate.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nope. they recently were able to rip the physics data from the game, though, so hopefully it will feel more like the melee.

on that note, i'm considering picking melee back up.

D

Deleted member

nope. they recently were able to rip the physics data from the game, though, so hopefully it will feel more like the melee.

on that note, i'm considering picking melee back up.
Cool stuff. I do owe you a 12 pack of Sprite.

You should help develop the ICs for P:M.

I'll probably bring my set up to this smashfest.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
they've actually melee-ified them pretty well, but their damage output is crazy. apparently in melee, popo's attacks decayed both his an nana's (like brawl), but nana's also decayed her own attacks, meaning her attacks were decayed twice as fast, meaning lower damage output. now, only popo's attacks decay her attacks, meaning CRAZY damage output. i have a vid of Chu playing. **** was sexy.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
So this Friday there will be Smashing? Excellent.

Now, then, does anyone have a PS3 who is also picking up BlazBlue: Continuum Shift tomorrow? Or do I need to take care of that? I prefer not to need to bring it myself, but if nobody else can, so be it.

I neeeeeeeeed to try out my freaking awesome (for a player that's not, y'know, a lunatic) Ragna skillz. I've gotten so much better with him in CT and I've heard he hasn't changed a whole lot in CS, so I can probably get used to it by Friday. ;D

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yep... I don't know if anyone will play BlazBlue... the BlazBlue people usually come during the school semester.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... D:

Maybe I'll have to, uh... convince 'em. *glances around at things I could use as a weapon*

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Now, then, who wants to help me deliver a better forced totally consensual BlazBlue experience by bringing some nice PS2 controllers? That's right, I said PS2, not PS3. (PS2 has the REAL fighting controllers. Nice, short analog sticks unlike the shooter-oriented Dualshock 3's, and non-trigger L2 and R2, way better especially for Street Fighter.) The ones I have probably aren't that great for your average dude. I have a bulky wireless MadCatz one that I find okay, but has an iffy analog stick, and a GameStop Chameleon one that I personally enjoy, but figure won't suit everyone.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Also. I shall need an available HDTV with an HDMI cable or component cable. I can bring my own if necessary, but I'm hoping only to have to bring my PS3 with BlazBlue in it (I'll have CS in it and also bring along CT if anyone prefers that instead), the power cord, PS2 controller adapter, and PS2 controllers.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Why doesn't the edit button work?

Anyway, by "my own," I refer to HDMI and component cables. Just so nobody gets confused and thinks I have some awesome TV or something.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
making sure you didn't miss this
Tomorrow?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

WELL, I guess that gives me more time to practice my Continuum Shifted Ragna game. Jin, unfortunately, doesn't feel the same and will take me some time to get used to. If I bother.

Time to hit the pool, I guess...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't think anything is happening this week. A lot of smashers are going to Athens for a smashfest.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anything is happening this week. A lot of smashers are going to Athens for a smashfest.
Aww, piss. That "show people Melee" thing that there's a topic for in NES N00b Forever? What's that about, anyway? It's too long for me to read, not exactly being amazing at Melee. (Okay, perhaps, but not competitive level).

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Long story short: a bunch of the melee players are trying to expand the scene in GA, so they're going to different parts of GA that have 1-2 smashers and trying to build a scene for them, so we can eventually unify.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Are you guys going to keep the smashfest times the same throughout the school year?
I can finally start coming to these once I'm at KSU

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yes, but we might move them back to the original day - Thursdays, although Friday seems to work better with most people. We'll see.

D

Deleted member

I liked the tues/thursdays biweekly smashfest thing personally.

Fridays were just this summer, and with classes 5 days a week, i'd imagine people showing up less on fridays.

While at KSU, I'll see if there is any place to use as a venue for tournies or smashfests, but the biweeklies at SPSU are good enough already. GA needs more tournies.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Just make your schedule for no class on fridays. It's awesome.

Also, it's a good idea to have smashfests at KSU. At first I was against it, but I realized it would be a good place to expand the Melee community.

D

Deleted member

Just make your schedule for no class on fridays. It's awesome.

Also, it's a good idea to have smashfests at KSU. At first I was against it, but I realized it would be a good place to expand the Melee community.
Haters gonna hate.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
KSU is DISGUSTING. I wouldn't recommend it. Not a nice venue.

GPC Dunwoody might be cool if you can use one of their big TVs...

Georgia Tech already has a room with a buncha Xboxes, so that might be a kewl one.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm in Marietta, and Tech is only like 30 minutes away. As is GPC Dunwoody. Polytech is like 20 minutes.

Top Bottom