• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Melee Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i think i should be on the panel, AND i think i should be number 10 on the list. i was the 2nd highest placing GA person at TO4, and i got 4th or 5th at the last Impact Clash tourney. whenever i enter a tourney, awesomeness is sure to follow.

j/k, i don't have to be on the list, just giving my recent placings. i think i would make a good panelist, though, regardless of my bias against Tong.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't want to be on the Power Rankings at all, so I'm sure that alone will make you satisfied (me not being on it). If not, then I dunno what to say :/
So instead of making a paragraph on why I disagree with this I'm just going to quote what a close friend said to me once.

"Smash your way to the to top man! Smash through the charts and through the haters! *** what they think about you!" - DA Dave

LOL well you get the point. I know the beef here is squashed already but that way of thinking is totally unacceptable. Always go for the gold dude. It helps yourself and your community but you already know this :)

Guys: Just because I don't play anymore doesn't mean I don't care! I bltch and complain about our State because I do care xD. Speaking of not playing anymore I Need to pay a visit to the Columbus fools at some point. You guys have done alot for GA in your time and it is much appreciated. I need to atleast spend a weekend or two down there and chill with you guys like I promised Gerbil and Alpha. <3

GA Peach

Smash Lord
So instead of making a paragraph on why I disagree with this I'm just going to quote what a close friend said to me once.

"Smash your way to the to top man! Smash through the charts and through the haters! *** what they think about you!" - DA Dave

LOL well you get the point. I know the beef here is squashed already but that way of thinking is totally unacceptable. Always go for the gold dude. It helps yourself and your community but you already know this :)

Guys: Just because I don't play anymore doesn't mean I don't care! I bltch and complain about our State because I do care xD. Speaking of not playing anymore I Need to pay a visit to the Columbus fools at some point. You guys have done alot for GA in your time and it is much appreciated. I need to atleast spend a weekend or two down there and chill with you guys like I promised Gerbil and Alpha. <3
let me know when you go. i'll prolly go with you, sucka

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wtf nice bensor cypass mike g reporting you to the mods

hey! mike g!

we need an infraction in this thread.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
nuuuuuu! they have thier sniper rifles locked on me now! I dunnn wann get Shot-headed! >_<

hmmm "shot-headed" *rubs chin*

chaddd

Smash Lord
Any georgian melee players going to HERB 2? chaddd?
I don't see it happening considering the fact that the only reason HERB 1 was good was because it was in a convenient location to have Azen and Chillin' come with all those cool cats.

I remember paying 10 dollars for a door fee for a venue that definitely didn't need a 10 dollar door fee.

PB&J

Smash Hero
That door fee sucked chaddd.ill talk to the host and see if me and u dont have to pay ..will that get u to go with no door fee..

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I think you forgot Wes on your pr, Mike, lol. Also, What is the last tourny Alpha went to? (just wondering)

Also just imo:

People who win or get 2nd (in order)
Chad
Dogy
Fullmetal
Wes
Cornel
People who go even with people who win or get 2nd but don't always win (in tournament) (not really in order)
Sleepyk
Soft
Cornel (moved to top after discussion)
Merc
Prac
We're pretty good but don't always do consistantly well in tournaments lol (no order)
Dan
Pbj
Rayku

I know I'm leaving out a bunch of people (mostly non-northern Georgiaers like Columbus and Savanna)

Now you guys get to tear my list a new one.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Also just imo:

People who win or get 2nd (in order)
Chad
Dogy
Fullmetal
Wes
People who go even with people who win or get 2nd but don't always win (in tournament) (not really in order)
Sleepyk
Soft
Cornel
Merc
Prac
We're pretty good but don't always do consistantly well in tournaments lol (no order)
Dan
Pbj
Rayku
tier 7 (no order):
BBQ
Tubes
Zom~B
Brawl Tier:
P-3 and company
I added on what I thought was appropriate.

SleepyK

actually i outplaced cornel at the alabama tournament

dan your list looks just like ours except the lower cornel.
imo cornel's outplaced gawes iirc

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
cornel better not drop..thats all im saying ..everytourny he goes to he gets top 2
While I agree with you Evan- that cornel is top 3 in GA for sure
You also have to take into account that the panel can't take everyone's opinion into account.

I'm not disputing what you said in that post, what I'm pointing out is that non-panelists don't have a say in deciding the PR.

You know full-well that there is no such thing as a PR listing that satisfies everyone in the community.
So please have some faith in the panelists, otherwise we're all just wasting our time attempting to make a PR again.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
No, Cornel always does well, but not always as well as he did the time before. Top 5 no doubt though. I dont think Wes should be up there if hes going to be Europe >_>

Also I should be #1 Since I like cookies so much.

1. Chad
2. Dogy
3. Fullmetal
4. Sleepyk
5. Cornel
6. Soft <----He was doing incredible then he slowed down in his placings. Beat chaddd at waba, same waba PbnJ beat Wes IIRC
7. Merc
8. Pbj
9. Rayku
10. Dan
Tier 2 Should have *Were pretty good at this game but we moved away tier* (In order)
1.XIF
2.GaWes
3.MarFool!
Tier 3 consists of I went to one or two tournaments in a year and kinda did alright but didnt go to enough to get an accurate measure of my skill.
So basically everyone else. Prac beat wes then got easily hnadled by either cornel or chaddd, dont remember which one I just know it wasnt that even.

Including everyone else PR (IMHO based off tourney results and Oos)
1. XIF
2. chaddd
3. DogySamich
4. GaWes
5. Fullmetal
6. Sleepyk
7. Cornel
8. Soft
9. MarsFool!
10.Merc (new to the scene technically but does well)/PbnJ(Been playing in tournaments for a while but Not that consistent of a placer)/Rayku(Was Tier 2 A LONG time ago but recently back into the scene doing well. Since he requested not to be on here he diqualifies himself >_<;

~Honarable Mention~
Dan for being too new for me to really base anything off of.

I know Im not a panelist, but Im not as much as a ******* as I come of as ;D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Man, I've looked through here a few times and avoided this like the plague. I NEVER like how PR lists go in GA, and with our record with tournaments (read: lack of), I dont see why it's always the cause for alarm. (That's all IMO though)

__

Here's the problems.

1) Whether it's said or not, there's always a huge dispute over whether the PR should be based off of who beats who or who finishes highest. My opinion aside, the problem comes from we're too divided in this matter. Both sides have a perfectly viable arguement.

2) The next problem that stems random GA showings and placements in tourneys.

3) And then there's the overall "validity" of a tournament.

__

With all those, the reason why we can NEVER get a PR to go over smoothly is that we cant agree. More importantly, we cant even agree to disagree. Myself included.

__

I could go on and on about this, but it's trickles down into my opinion at this point, and that's not what this is about. In the end, I question why we keep trying to do this when we're "trying" to have a nice wholesome friendly community. Ever since I've been around, excluding the 1st PR I've seen, every GA pr afterwards has just brought about months of "f**k you"

______

On an unrelated sidenote:

If all of you brawl people "seriously" want any metion on a melee PR because you enter small melee tourneys that nobody shows up to, then I seriously want you to put me on the brawl pr because I win random tournaments that nobody goes to.

Think about it.

___

edit: knew i forgot to mention something, kinda important for melee pr
The only thing me and cornel split at IC4 was the money. We still played out (as you can tell by what was left of hte venue watching us), he still kicked my ***.

I could go into all of the "details", but all that's important is that he won, I got 2nd. The end.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Ya I don't really care about rankings that much anyways, let's just play some bros.

But then again, having an active PR might encourage Georgia to be more competitive with one another.

Also, MarsFools list is pretty good

SleepyK

imo mike g is #0 as usual

marty should be #0.5

Dogy i feel that both sides of the argument are viable, so it boils down to the panelists' opinions and debate in a AIM chat.

Mars' list is interesting but he's not on the panel, dan. he's free to give his 2 cents of course

gawes is #1, then chaddd is #1

so my list goes like this

Bobby
0) Mike G
.5) Marty
1) GAWes
1) chaddd
2) Snex
3) Daniel Tong

wait how did bobby get in there

Prac352

Smash Lord
Tier 3 consists of I went to one or two tournaments in a year and kinda did alright but didnt go to enough to get an accurate measure of my skill.
So basically everyone else. Prac beat wes then got easily hnadled by either cornel or chaddd, dont remember which one I just know it wasnt that even.
I just wanna say that I did get 3-0'd by both Chad and Cornel at DSJ. Chad two stocked me game one and the other two came down to the last stock. I felt they could go either way. The same could be said about all my matches against Cornel.

I'll throw my two cents in on a preliminary list after tomorrow.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yeah and I saw that masterwumpus was signed up for that tourney. was he top 10 material? His videos are mad cool.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm sure you read the OP in this thread, Dogy- did you want to accept being a panelist or are you just going to avoid it?
I get what you're saying, 100%. But we ALL KNOW nobody's ever going to be 100% happy with what ANY panel in GA comes up with.
This is because we all value things in smash differently (IE: tournament placings, who beats who, overall skill, etc).

But I feel GA needs a melee PR again to give incentive to some of its players to improve.

Also: on the topic of OOS placings- I remember having a huge discussion over this before, and this was the conclusion I came to.

If the GA power rankings is a list of the most skilled players in GA, who place highest in GA and is ranked according to who wins that majority of the time... OOS shouldn't affect order on the PR.
Now if 2 GA players were to play each other in an OOS tournament, I'd see that as a reason to consider it in deciding any sort of ranking question between those two players.

The way I see it, OOS tournaments are when we go to compete against other states- of course I want all of GA's players to do well- but just because GA player A beats OOS player A and outplaces GA player B in the OOS tournament does not truely indicate that GA player A should be higher than GA player B on the power rankings.

So this is not to say the panel doesn't consider OOS. It has less effect on my personal opinion. Placing top 5 OOS can't hurt your chances on the GA pr, though. :laugh:

Rayku

Smash Lord

Since when does being on a list absolutely determine your skill level? I know who I can beat. People who think they can beat me find difficulty in winning against me. I don't care about having recognition through other's words. I'll "smash my way to the top" my own way, and being on a list so people can just trash talk my skill is silly. I'll show them up in person, I don't need them to be afraid of me because of a list.

SleepyK

oh, rayku wants to not have hate directed towards him, is what it is. i understand

so what's wrong with making a "notables" list with you on it then?

Rayku

Smash Lord
I said I was fine with that whole "Me being on tier 2 by myself" thing. Just because it was funny.

I have no say in the makings of the PR. Like, I don't know why me not wanting to be on them has any relevance to anything @_@

SleepyK

i mean an actual notables.
it matters because we think you should be on it.

SleepyK

i don't want to make it out like we're against you rayku. we legitimately think you're good and deserve at least a note!

Rayku

Smash Lord
i don't want to make it out like we're against you rayku. we legitimately think you're good and deserve at least a note!
You'd better not be against me >.> You guys are the closest things to real friends I've got left these days.

SleepyK

we <3 ya. but why can't we tell other folks that you're a good player '-'?

SleepyK

mike stated that his opinion of the GA PR has to do with how players in GA stack up against each other

granted, that's not the universal opinion, but you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom